IRC chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
How come I cannot seem to get the IRC chat to work properly for me. When I go in, it is just a blank white page with domain nuber type things all over it and when I try to say something, It just says invalid blah blah blah... how can I fix this?

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Telling us what the invalid blah blah is would be a good start as that is likely the reason why it will not work or will at least give clues as to the answer. Presumably it has something to do with your setup as the link at the top works fine for me and i assume others since i've seen people using the cgi chat lately.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
An error occurred: Connection to unix-domain socket(/tmp/cgiirc-idakzikecpl/sock): No such file or directory that is the error message.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I saw you go in there, and not leave for at least a few minutes...So maybe there really isn't a problem?

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
An error occurred: Connection to unix-domain socket(/tmp/cgiirc-idakzikecpl/sock): No such file or directory that is the error message.

I seem to recall that the CGI IRC has issues with IE. Try using Firefox if you aren't already.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
mIRC... everything else is garbage.

That may be your opinion, but I don't share it. I prefer XChat or irssi But I wouldn't advise that last one unless you know what you're doing. XChat is very usable for new people and perfect for support.

Role
  1. Private
And I'm using Chatzilla, cause it plugs right into my FF browser. I don't need all those extra spiffy features that other clients have, so it works perfectly for me.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
And I'm using Chatzilla, cause it plugs right into my FF browser. I don't need all those extra spiffy features that other clients have, so it works perfectly for me.

Agreed, i've tried most and chatzilla seems to suite me best.

Plus, its easier to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.