Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaymen

Full Patch
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
OH, I take the IQ quite seriously and debate as to whether it would meet my vehicular needs.

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

But my true passion is one of these.

img.jpg

pampersonly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
well those stupid tests were required at my HS ,scored low but the test is geared towards nothing

like ive had a few ideas for a new invention but according to the test im too dumb to operate machinery to deign and build so the tests are worthless in my mind

AceABDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I thought the only focus these days in school was passing the S*it Out of Luck tests (i.e. SOL's) so they didn't lose Federal money.

babyracer37

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
OK, all this talk about I.Q. and all. I ain't got a clue abut mine. Hell do I even have one??
And if I do how do I find it?? The question is, Is there a test online that I can take that is FREE.
I'm smart enough to not pay for some things.

Aina

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
No I don't. Too many other gifts to consider. Some say EI (Emotional Intelligence) may be preferable.

PrincenRoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Yes, I think the tests are ridiculous as well. I took one when I was in Kindergarten, because the local elementary school administrators didn't want a girl to skip a grade. I scored something like 143, but I doubt I'd do as well today. I can't do complex math in my head, and certainly not within a short amount of time. My only saving grace was probably that they wouldn't ask you anything more difficult than addition at that age. I still feel I'm an intelligent person, but I doubt I'm that intelligent, and even if I am, then it still hardly matters. Intelligence is potential, and it doesn't mean anything unless you work hard, in my opinion. The ones that succeed are those who put forth effort in their chosen fields, the ones that strive to reach goals, and I am a lazy person with a nice number--I'm not going anywhere. :p

---------------------

OK, all this talk about I.Q. and all. I ain't got a clue abut mine. Hell do I even have one??
And if I do how do I find it?? The question is, Is there a test online that I can take that is FREE.
I'm smart enough to not pay for some things.

IQ tests, as you can see from this thread, are commonly regarded as worthless. Online IQ tests are even worse, for they aren't even as accurate as the real tests, which are bologna themselves. I wouldn't bother if I were you; it won't tell you anything new. You know if you are smart. You don't need a test to confirm your intelligence.

tigerofbeestein

Est. Contributor
I don't think their measuring the wrong thing, incase for inteligence the score on an E.Q. test is a good measure of who's been naughty, assuming it ‘works.
i’d probably score pretty low unless I was cheating, abysmal.
But I am emotionally handicapped beyond all reasonable doubt.[at-least it seams so.]

Last edited:

PrincessAshley

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
  2. Carer
IQ tests were created and first utilized to root out "undeseriables". I'll look for the actual article. I'm doing a research paper on it right now, and I found a stunning article on how IQ tests were first utilized, up to pointing out the people who should not reproduce, who were mostly African-Americans.

turtleie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I think they are very accurate as far as 'book smarts.' However, there are many people like me who have a high IQ and have less common sense than a retarded monkey.

KatelynG

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
IQ tests were created and first utilized to root out "undeseriables". I'll look for the actual article. I'm doing a research paper on it right now, and I found a stunning article on how IQ tests were first utilized, up to pointing out the people who should not reproduce, who were mostly African-Americans.

Wikipedia mentions it.

happydl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I had the opportunity to have a full neuropsychological exam last year because I was trying to figure out if my attention difficulties were getting worse. It's much more comprehensive than IQ and although it includes an IQ test, it also includes many, many other tests. I did well on the IQ, which was given in percentile instead of a number (which I think makes more sense) but the doctor explained that people who are really high in some areas have deficiencies in others. My deficiency? I did exceptionally bad at this test: "List all of the nouns you can think of that start with the letter 'J'" I could list about 10 before I became completely blocked.

I don't put much faith in IQ scores in general. I really don't care for the people who brag about theirs. Also, I've noticed that there is a threshold where if IQ exceeds a certain level, social/emotional intelligence (EQ) goes out the window.

PrincessAshley

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
  2. Carer
http://www.justicematters.org/jmi_sec/jmi_dwnlds/forgotten_history.pdf

There's the article. Here's a few good quotes from it.

A sampling of influential textbooks used in colleges of education gives us a
better sense of some of the eugenic visions of educational reform. Lewis
Terman, Professor of Education at Stanford University and originator of the
Stanford-Binet intelligence test, is remembered today as an early proponent of
tracking. Not as well known is that his views on tracking and school
organization were rooted in a eugenic conception of humanity.Terman expressed these views in his textbook, The Measurement of
Intelligence (1916). The book would be used for decades in teacher training.
He wrote that:

Among laboring men and servant girls there are thousands like
them [feebleminded individuals]. They are the world's "hewers of
wood and drawers of water." And yet, as far as intelligence is
concerned, the tests have told the truth. ... No amount of school
instruction will ever make them intelligent voters or capable
voters in the true sense of the word.
... The fact that one meets this type with such frequency among
Indians, Mexicans, and negroes suggests quite forcibly that the
whole question of racial differences in mental traits will have to
be taken up anew and by experimental methods.
Children of this group should be segregated in special classes
and be given instruction which is concrete and practical. They
cannot master, but they can often be made efficient workers,
able to look out for themselves. There is no possibility at present
of convincing society that they should not be allowed to
reproduce, although from a eugenic point of view they constitute
a grave problem because of their unusually prolific breeding.
(pp. 91-92)

And...

In Gifted Children: Their Nature and Nurture (1926), a book that is frequently
cited by researchers of "gifted" programs today,6 Hollingworth wrote:

One result recurs persistently wherever American children are
tested by nationality of ancestors. American children of Italian
parentage show a low average of intelligence. The selection of
Italians received into this country has yielded very few gifted
children. (p.71)
[Eugenics would] ultimately reduce misery if the stupid, the
criminal, and other mentally, physically, and morally deficient
would refrain from reproduction. (p.199)7

Don't you love IQ tests now?

WildZore

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My girlfriend would score low on IQ tests because she's dyslexic, but she's one of the wisest people I know and I enjoy time with her a lot more than I do with any people who're closer to my own IQ (which is like 135 or something).

Being dyslexic does not mean that you have a low IQ, I am dyslexic and my own is on the higher end. I also had a professor in school, he was a engineer and a brilliant man and was dyselxic to boot.

Its also belived by some that DaVinci was dyslexic and we all know that he was one smart cookie:D.

That being said I dont put a whole lot of faith in IQ as I have know several people with high IQ's who were complete dumbasses in every way a person could be.

tommygun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
IQ?

I always wondered why people bother to measure something like "intelligence" - there's a lot more to it than a simple extrapolation based on results from some logic/mathematic... tests.

I couldn't care less about IQ - and even less about those "idiots" who have to brag with their IQ.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
IQ is just a number. Anyone can be dumb. Plus the numbers can be misleading. My IQ is supposedly in the 120's but I don't seem that smart because I struggled in school and needed my school work modified. And society seems to think if you have learning problems, your IQ isn't that high and if your IQ is high, you shouldn't have difficulty in school. So we're better off not telling people what our real IQ is. Besides I scored in the mildly retarded range as a child and then in the borderline range and then in the average range and the last time I had it, it was in the 120s according to my parents. My IQ went up every year on tests as I got older because I learned as I got older. And I have questioned my own IQ.

No I do not take online IQ tests seriously. They aren't real, know what I mean?

Yes the BMI thing is also not serious, if you want an accurate BMI, go to the nutritionist and they will use a tool to pinch your body fat in different places and they will write it down and add it and tell you your real BMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.