Ipod Touch Jailbreaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Secret

Hey , I just got an Ipod touch and I might want to jailbreak it. Has anyone here done this? What does this do to my Ipod touch and how is it done? What risks are involved and what can I do with it? Can I still browse the web and listen to my music and watch my videos? :confused::dunno::damnpc:

Thanks !

X

xdeadx

What's jailbreaking??? I thought this was gonna be a topic of how someone busted out of a jail cell using an iPod touch =p

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Jailbreaking means that your device's firmware is edited to allow the installation, download, and execution of custom 3rd Party Apps and more/extra control over your device. Everything else is just how your iPod was -- it isn't like homebrew PSP firmware, etc.

Jailbreaking is pretty easy, there are GUI tools that do it for you. The only real risk is if you brick it by unplugging it while in the process of jailbreaking -- but hey, just keep it plugged in!

If you're using Windows -- look up Winpwn to jailbreak it
If you're on Mac -- look up iPwnage tool
If you're on Linux... google

Happy jammin'

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What's jailbreaking??? I thought this was gonna be a topic of how someone busted out of a jail cell using an iPod touch =p
lol me too but seriously what is jailbreaking? im a little confuzzled!

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Hahahaha Linux what a joke. But yeah thanks "MM3"
O__O *gasps*

I love Linux, it sure as hell ain't a joke! >=P hahaha, no prob :)

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I haven't bothered jailbreaking mine...Since iTunes has good enough stuff for me, and I don't want to risk getting my iPod bricked...

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
The risk of bricking is so low, it's not even worth mentioning IYAM.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I still need to hack my PSP's firmware. Anyways I would of got the 160 GB Ipod Classic since its cheaper and it will hold all 50 GB's of my music and still leave room for maybe 25 movies.

S

Secret

Why do you need to jailbreak it with the new 2.0 software?
Because I do not like the applictaions that I-tunes puts out. Seruisly they put out a freakin kalleidioscope and a compass that doesnt work and a virtual lighter for concerts { You will get you @#$ kicked at a concert if you use your I-pod touch as a virtual lighter } and they have ONE! maybe two sub par games and five different versions of flippin pong and brick breaker in there store. I also want to get an SNES emulator and NES and Genesis and Atari 2600 and Neo Geo and other "GOOD" games made by the thriving indie developmet scene for the ipod touch.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
*stabs eyes out*

iTunes! NOT I-tunes!! ****! that has got to be the biggest peeve I got... it just burns my mind when I see that! Same with iPod. It's "iPod", not "Ipod or I-pod" !!!!!!!!!!! Dx

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
*stabs eyes out*

iTunes! NOT I-tunes!! ****! that has got to be the biggest peeve I got... it just burns my mind when I see that! Same with iPod. It's "iPod", not "Ipod or I-pod" !!!!!!!!!!! Dx

What about when people call an iPod Touch, an iTouch?

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I did it. I have 1.1.5 jailbroken now (miss 1.1.3), but none of the software works for 1.1.5 yet. I could downgrade, but im too lazy. I rember when you had to manually jailbreak iPods. That was hard as crap. Now you can go to this site and download the software. It will do everything for you. When iTunes comes up and says "We have detected an iPod in recovery mode" ignore it and then force quit iTunes. its done...

Its pretty simple, the instructions are all over youtube. Just remember to type in "easy jailbreak" if you look on youtube. (the old ones will come up)

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I thought this was gonna be a topic of how someone busted out of a jail cell using an iPod touch =p
I thought that too...

I'm so disappointed! I was expecting a link to the best news story ever!
"The criminal smuggled an I-pod I-touch into jail, which he used to pull off the most elaborate and amazing jail escape..."

Well annoyed.

Kams

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I used Pwnage Tool to jailbreak my 2.0 iPod Touch, but it didn't have Installer so it was pointless so I un-jailbroke it. Before, when I had 1.1.4 jailbroken, it was really cool and I had a few emulators on it on some cool themes and other random stuff. I would downgrade back to 1.1.4, but I've already paid the $10 for the App Store.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Most of the updates now are only to try and "Brick-off" the jailbreakers by making the security higher. (name one thing different since 1.1.3) See?!?! If you are into jailbreaking, dont update...

Status
Not open for further replies.