iPhone 7: are you getting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way. I don't have an iPhone (though I do have a, sadly outdated, ipad mini). And I'm Pretty sure everyone I know that has an iphone 6 is happy enough with it. One of my Apple fanatic online friends even gave the iphone 7 an "lol"

I don't mind iPhones themselves but absolutely HATE iTunes and the insanity you have to go through to put music on the devices.

So absolutely positively definitely will NEVER buy another Apple product.

I dislike phones, I just prefer something simple like a dumb phone, or a basic android.

I like to live simple, modern smart phones are just pretty much computers anyway, which I already own two of.

@AAO

Honestly, it'd bug the heck out of me to have to use an adapter. Not so much using it, but always having to make sure I have it on me, adding another thing to my pockets which I like keeping as empty as possible. Especially considering I'd be doing this for what I consider a standard and basic function.

Not to mention it'd be another link in the chain that can break, get lost, and cause further inconvenience.

I'm no engineer, but I can imagine the cubic centimeters or millimeters of space it frees up can make a huge difference. However, that hasn't stopped Apple, Samsung, Motorola, LG, Sony, Huawei, plus literally every other phone manufacturer from making new phones with improved processors, screens, cameras, and battery life before.

I feel it's the equivalent of a car company saying "to make our new models more efficient and have better handling/traction. We've gotten rid of the heater, AC unit, and stereo." That wouldn't be a better car in my opinion.

It's really a cop out. Instead of engineering a better design, they just sacrificed features and usability. Plus I feel that the second speaker they added is goings to take up waaaay more space than any 3.5mm jack just to make the sound out of a little phone a little less crappy. I guess I wouldn't say it's futile (I'd like my phone's built in speakers to sound as good as possible), but it's physically impossible for them to ever sound even close to decent. They're extremely small so they'll never be able to reproduce lower pitched noises nor will they ever have access to enough power to drive them decently to producer those sounds even if they were bigger.

Sent using Tapatalk on my iPhone

I can understand not wanting to carry around the adapter. I just don't and never have had that many places to plug mine into that I wouldn't just leave the adapter on the end of the headphones. That's why I moved to wireless technology in the first place so as not have to have the extra bulk of the cord.

I'd say very quickly you will start seeing new wired speakers and headphones come out with lightning connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't mind getting a 7 but I have a 6s which does everything I need it to.

I'm happy with it. Not sure I like the idea of no head phone jack, I would lose my headphones if they didn't have a cord heck I lose enough of them with a cord.

But I'm in no rush to upgrade.

Here you go TheCaptain. Thought you would enjoy this.

ea0d35827f93a765fd75f28164717364.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new AirPods are wireless and also $160 �� I'd probably lose them within 5 mins haha

While I don't hate iPhones, I've had the iPhone 4. I don't have any interest in paying the prices Apple is pushing on their customers though. Same reason you likely won't see me with a Samsung device either. The samsung changes to android OS tend to disagree with me also. Generally I just get the free phone, or the cheapest phone next to it on my cheap plan that they'll give me with a 2 year contract. Currently I have a LG G5, which is a decent phone, but it's selling poorly. For signing a 2 year contract I got the LG G5 for free, a durable case, an extra battery with cradle, extra charging cable all included for free also, and a $20 account credit.

My monthly plan cost is $56, but if I wanted to get a decent subsidy on the iphone 7 that $56 would jump by at least $20 and then I'd still have to pay a considerable amount out of pocket on top of that. No thanks, I think I'll stick with my freebie phones. Then if I break it, I at least paid nothing for it out of pocket, and didn't increase my price plan, I would likely just use my old phone until the contract runs up if that happened.

Personally I am not getting the iPhone 7! While I think has a great design aspect I just can't commit to losing the 3.5mm headphone jack :( While the lighting connector is a great idea for headphones but it also means you cannot charge your phone while listening music unless you invest in a pair of Bluetooth earphones which here in Australia can cost upwards of $150 :(

I like what they have done with the iPhone in terms of water proofing it but at that price for a phone you would definitnly need a case for it and imo it would be just worth sticking with the older generations of iPhone and getting a Lifeproof or Otterbox case :)

I also like the dual camera on the 7 Pro model, its a great concept and for an amatuer photographer it really does help! Sucks you cannot edit the exposure and a few other features like some other Android phones.

All in all it really is a great phone but if you can justify having to spending a couple extra hundred dollars on top of what you are paying for the iPhone 7 and 7 Pro then go for it :p. I myself am keeping my 6s and hoping that next year they actually add back the headphone jack in the 7s and or 7s Pro, that way I would actually buy it

Well at one point they blocked other sellers .
Im so sick of all the apple accessories in the store when you can't even get anything for our Android phones that's why I dislike Apple so much.
Two aisles of accessories for Apple half of one for Samsung and like.
Go enjoy your brand of phone Im glade you like them and are happy.

Nope. Not getting the iPhone 7. I do think it looks cool, and I'm really happy that it's waterproof, though the wireless earbuds do concern me as I do not trust myself to not lose those. But more importantly, I have an iPhone 6S that's less than a year old that works just fine. I may be an Apple Fanboy who primarily has Apple Products, but I will not throw out perfectly good products just because a new version is out. I don't upgrade just for the sake of upgrading. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple

so...hope everyones happy with their brand new samsung 7's

Nope, music is my life so I require a head phone jack.

Was looking to replace my old iphone 5S....but them getting rid of the headphone jack was a huge red X for me. End up going with a Samsung s7 Edge that I'm so far LOVING. The wireless charging ability, much bigger battery, better screen and a bazillion other features are making me feel kind of foolish for ever owning an ipbone...

(IM HOME!!! Lol)

Sorry. Tech stuff really gets to me. The question... am I getting an iPhone 7?

Answer: No. As much as I love Apple, I will not be getting the 7 this year. I'm spoiled to the point that I have the IPad Pro 13" inch.

This year I've decided I'm going to upgrade to the IPhone 7 Plus!

After careful consideration, and doing my research, I've decided I want a larger screen phone. It came down to this;

Samsung Note 7.

iPhone 7 plus.

Both companies make excellent devices (with the exception of the Note 7.)
I myself think that the iPhone is better bang for my buck. Is a bit more secure, and will hold its value longer.

Was not the Samsung s7 recalled for exploding, and they stopped making it altogether!? That is pretty drastic.

I've been in the Apple world because of the Mac operating system making much more sense that Windows. I have a Windows machine for bookeeping work and it truly s--ks. So being in the Apple world leads one to integrate phones laptops computers, -everything is on all your devices, (and I need all those devices for work.)
Currently have a 5s and not enough memory, so I'm due for a new phone. Maybe get a 6 at a discount, although I want the 7's camera. Decisions, decisions.

Yes I agree if you don't need an expensive smart phone, it's mostly a toy, but that's not so bad!

I would have been really keen to get the iPhone 7 4.7 inch with 128GB (since there's no option for 64GB which was perfect). Buuuuuut $1399 NZD is a bit steep for a phone. Oh also, I too was concerned about the wireless headphones but they have also included headphones that use apples lightning plug rather than the 3.5mm jack so it's not the end of the world. You would still have to go to apple to buy headphones though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back