Technical Question Invisible vMobile checkbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PaddedPuppy

In the vMobile theme when you go into any thread at the bottom right of anyone's post and tap you fill in a checkbox that is otherwise invisible. I keep accidentally ticking this box when I scroll through threads and I can't work out what it does. Does anyone have any idea what it is?

DylanK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
its for multiquoting I think ^_^

DylanK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
no it's then reply with quote(s) reply just gives a blank page even on the pc version

P

PaddedPuppy

no it's then reply with quote(s) reply just gives a blank page even on the pc version
I just loaded vMobile on my PC and its got report, reply, quote reply, and multi-quote reply links at the bottom of each post. On my phone none of these are visible. Just this checkbox with no clear function. If I check the box on my phone (Android 2.3.5 - Standard Gingerbread browser) then tap reply, it does no different to just tapping reply without doing so, I also noticed once I check something I can leave the thread and browse the site and other threads (or any other sites) and then return and the posts still remain checked.

DylanK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Yeah that's so you can browse all the posts from a thread, on multiple pages and still be able to multi quote the first page, if you can't load the report, reply, quote reply, and multi-quote buttons clear your history and cookies and reload the page

P

PaddedPuppy

Just tried that and nothing. Still no buttons, and still this invisible checkbox. I'll ask Alu to have a look, as we have the same phone. Maybe its just me, or just my phone, or everyone on android.

DylanK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
It can't be all androids cause it's not on mine but it has appeared on mine once or twice on an incomplete load, see if it's a connection problem like try from wifi rather than mobile internet or vice versa

P

PaddedPuppy

Possible Explanation?

Ok, I've been checking this out on a number of phones, tablets and computer browsers. At first I thought it was just the browsers on Android FroYo that was creating these invisible boxes. But it appears to happen on any device that has quite a small screen resolution, and also on the rarer browsers that aren't as well known.

On Brew powered handsets of any screen size, and the lower spec Android smartphones (pretty much anything FroYo or earlier with one exception that I found out of about 20 I tried on, the Sony Xperia X8) you get this single invisible checkbox. When you tap the bottom right of any post you will add it for multi-quote when you get to the bottom of the page. This appears to be a problem with the vMobile skin, but the only change that needs to be made is that the box is always visible.

On WP7 and Android Gingerbread or later almost all handsets with again 1 exception (ZTE Kis) on vMobile the standard Reply, Quote, and Multi-quote buttons that you would find in the large screen vBulletin skins. And these are working fine as they should, and are always visible.

It doesn't really answer why, except my possible theory of smaller screens leaving it out to save some space, but at least it appears I found why it does this.

Macky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Unfortunately, there isn't much we can really do about this but wait for vBulletin to update the theme themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.