Status
Not open for further replies.

Cauthon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I have a both a T1C and cheap AT&T DSL. I can use either had 6Mb down 3Mb up with decent latency, or 1.544Mb up and 1.544Mb with extremely low latency if I don't need it for work.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
View attachment 17541\

Bear in mind, this is like cheating. I'm using a test from my ISP. Still runs using Ookla though, so it's on par with reliability for Speedtest.net (It also tests for a longer duration than speedtest, takes around 3 minutes to complete this one, giving a more accurate average)

KidBoruto

Playful Explorer
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
There is a built in speed test on the ps3

If you're talking about "Internet Connection Test" (located in Settings -> Network Settings), it hasn't been working for me lately, I keep getting errors.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I get about 10Mb/s download and 0.8 upload. It's alright though because it's expensive and has a data cap too (I have to limit my self to about two games a month because of it)

Also my Bioshock download failed and I lost a massive chunk of my monthly data with no benefit.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
I get about 10Mb/s download and 0.8 upload. It's alright though because it's expensive and has a data cap too (I have to limit my self to about two games a month because of it)

Also my Bioshock download failed and I lost a massive chunk of my monthly data with no benefit.

I hate data caps with a passion. Lately I've been gaming off a Verizon portable hotspots with a 3GB every month. I have noticed that Xboxlive doesn't use as much data as you think it would. I'm able to play cod 3 week a month.

Lucky me though I get my dsl installed today. Getting the 7mb package. I'll post a speed test when it gets installed.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I hate data caps with a passion. Lately I've been gaming off a Verizon portable hotspots with a 3GB every month. I have noticed that Xboxlive doesn't use as much data as you think it would. I'm able to play cod 3 week a month.

Lucky me though I get my dsl installed today. Getting the 7mb package. I'll post a speed test when it gets installed.

They sure do suck. Possibly the worst thing for me though is that I live less than a minutes drive from an area that will get an upto 100Mb/s connection within the next two years.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
They sure do suck. Possibly the worst thing for me though is that I live less than a minutes drive from an area that will get an upto 100Mb/s connection within the next two years.

The highest package the local isp here offers is 15mb down. And they are the one and only line based isp's in this area so they run there prices high. I'm going to be paying close to 65 a month for 7mb.

KidBoruto

Playful Explorer
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
2809756787.png

It's usually faster than this, results will improve after we get our modem upgraded.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
2830477294.png

im getting the speed I pay for. But its not fast enough lol. Im getting it bumped up to the 15Mbps package today!!

R

RainbowShy

http://www.pingtest.net/result/83616902.png

That's what mine is. I'm surprised since Mediacom is kind of inbetween, but I see B+ being reasonable since my internet is pretty quick. Mediacom has good internet. It's also the only best one we have where we live, other than quest which I heard sucks. Also, I think the reason it says Colorado is because I live in area that isn't on the GPS or found by GPS. XD

Still, it should be faster than that. I was expecting at least an A- or something. o_O We have the highest speed for internet right now, and it's as high as we can go. It could be that other people in my family use it. It's wi-fi based so with my dad's computer being the base computer, everyone else has a computer or tablet on the wifi spectrum.

My mom has an iPad and an apple laptop. I have an HP laptop and my iPad as well on the wifi. So maybe it's just because it's on the wifi. Depending where you are at, the internet connection tends to have a certain range where it's better than most areas of the house.

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I guess I'll participate, as I switched ISP some weeks ago.

My home connection:
2836406368.png

My cellphone's internet:
514805751.png

LittleFoot1

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Wow, that's pretty bad. Is it always like that or is it just a bad day/time?

--sf

I think because I've been patching a game for past 3 hours. It might be around 1mbps when I'm not downloading things or when I'm the only one at home online.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I managed to get speedtest.net to work and I'm getting a blistering 0.05Mbps download and 0.04Mbps upload. That's what happens when one ISP has a monopoly and imposes stupid data caps (the reason Netflix isn't comming to nz).

Status
Not open for further replies.