Internet Securtiy/privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Secret

So how do you keep your internetz private? Like keeping people from knowing about AB/TB/DL on your computer or hiding this website in general.

I use firefox and the private browsing feature, what do you guys use?

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
I don't use anything.

I am a ticking time bomb. One glance at my history and I'm fucked, not only as a *B. :V

Last edited:

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have a private computer.

I also spread little lies here and there. Some people know my city, others know my "city". Some know my real name, others know this name, others know a previous name I used. Some people know my birthday, others know it too, even though all this information is different.

I also use seperate gmail/aim/msn/yim accounts for everything.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Yeah... I don't really go out of my way to hide anything. People could find out who and where I am pretty easily if they look.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Like keeping people from knowing about AB/TB/DL on your computer or hiding this website in general.

I don't. :p

Most of my family don't even know how to use a computer. Not to mention I only live with my dad and he knows plus he has his own computer. When I go to my mom's I do take my computer up there with me though yet the people there can't really do anything without asking for my help.

My homepage is Adisc itself. I'll change that to yahoo when I go to my mom's.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Buy your own computer.

Problem solved.

Give me one of your money trees kthnx.

I have my own computer, lest we forget the greater part of members registered to this ''community'' are young teenagers, most of which assumably can't afford to just nonchalantly go out and pick up a haxcomputer. :V

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Give me one of your money trees kthnx.

I have my own computer, lest we forget the greater part of members registered to this ''community'' are young teenagers, most of which assumably can't afford to just nonchalantly go out and pick up a haxcomputer. :V

Buy a cheap 400-800 MHz computer on eBay for under a hundred dollars. Surely adequate for web browsing.

Unfortunately, what this generation doesn't seem to understand is that you can actually get by with something that isn't always the latest and greatest. That would explain a few things about society and the economy these days...

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Buy a cheap 400-800 MHz computer on eBay for under a hundred dollars. Surely adequate for web browsing.

Unfortunately, what this generation doesn't seem to understand is that you can actually get by with something that isn't always the latest and greatest. That would explain a few things about society and the economy these days...

[font="Calibri, Arial"]< 1 Ghz = pentium 2 (or worse an old AMD. The modern ones might be good but the old ones weren't)

Pentium 2 = win98

Win98 = IE4 (or 5.5 if upgraded as far as possible)

IE<=6 = broken websites

So unless your computer literate enough to find FF2 or Opera 8 as opposed to the XP+ versions(2.0.0.17+ and 9+) or to use Linux, a < 1 ghz computer does not make for satisfactory web browsing. Also shouldn't this be in computer and games?[/font]

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have my own laptop, so am not too worried, but I do also tend to use the private browsing feature on Safari. This generally suffices, but you do have to be careful to clear everything every now and then even then.

I guess it is not something I am too worried about it though, as no-one else ever goes on my computer. I am guessing that you don't have that luxury.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have my own computer, but I'll let others use it from time to time. I use firefox, and when I'm done browsing sites that I'd rather other's didn't know I went to, I just hit ctrl+shift+delete, check off all the delete buttons, and click OK, good as new or so I assume. It's worked so far.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
[font="Calibri, Arial"]< 1 Ghz = pentium 2 (or worse an old AMD. The modern ones might be good but the old ones weren't)

Pentium 2 = win98

Win98 = IE4 (or 5.5 if upgraded as far as possible)

IE<=6 = broken websites

So unless your computer literate enough to find FF2 or Opera 8 as opposed to the XP+ versions(2.0.0.17+ and 9+) or to use Linux, a < 1 ghz computer does not make for satisfactory web browsing. Also shouldn't this be in computer and games?[/font]

You can get away with an old computer fine. I've used an old 300Mhz PII, 128MB SD ram using Firefox happilly. Admittingly XP was a little slow to todays standards. But once it was loaded it was fine. I've got another desktop PII 500Mhz, 512MB SDram. For web browsing. Again, not too shabby. Don't go on youtube and it would all seem to behave like you bought a new PC.

Anyway, I have my own computer. However, My friends want to use it every now and then. Sometimes I risk it and trust them not to be nosey. Othertimes I do clear out my history now and then. But what I did for awhile when my brothers wanted to use my PC, I had a Virtual Machine of another install XP. So I had my own private computer running on my computer. And no one knew, as it runs in the background :p.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I always clear out my history every time I log off. I too use Firefox. If I have to, and can reformat if the computer goes down. That way there is no Geek Squad to get nosy.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
i used to use a program called windows washer. i haven't used it in a long time though as i now safeguard my life by locking my bedroom door (the luxuries of paying rent). so all my computers diapers and other kinky items are safe and sound under lock and key.

S

secretdl26

I have my own computer for most of my privacy browsing.

If I do use the shared computer in my house (i.e. the one my parents occasionally use) I will use Firefox's clear private data feature. It is thorough enough not to raise suspicions about my internet activity.

PostTenebrasLux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
This is actually something I used to worry about quite a bit. I used to delete history daily and use some stuff to try to cover my tracks across the information super highway (does that term date me?), but ultimately decided that I'm not going to win an anonymity race against the powerful forces of Random Bad Luck and Google. For me, the bottom line is: no matter how well I cover my own tracks, I'm still opening my mind up to, in this case, all registered ADISC users. And what control do we have over who can register?

These days I don't go to any great lengths to hide the fact that I visit this site or others. I do, however, make sure not to say anything here of which I'd be ashamed if it were read out loud to friends/family (but to be honest I'd be embarrassed as hell--not meant as an insult to my ADISC friends: the quality banter here would ease the blow).

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Google Chrome Incognito for this site and other TB/AB/DL websites.
Normal Chrome and Firefox for everything else.
I still need a place to hide my private stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.