Internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xdeadx

Sorry guys, I have been having connection problems. I don't know when I'll be able to post next. Y_Y
Love you guys, be back as soon as possible.

( I used Drew hands to post this, telephones are awesome)

F

FullMetal

*Snuggles really tight* Don't be gone too long dude! Hope everything is fixed really really soon.

FullMetal

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
What kind of internet do you have? Comcast has been giving me problems, I don't know, it could be the wireless router though, because I always have to unplug mine for a few minutes to reset itself then the internet comes back.

Take it easy dude!

babysage

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
mine generaly works all the time. Of course whenever it stops working Verizon gets an angrey phone call and and the current offers of all their competiters.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little,
I've noticed that you've been offline for a while now. IM sais 7+ days. :(
Hope you'll be back soon.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Its crap having an intermittent internet connection. I too have been experiencing my ADSL connection is disconnecting itself every now and then. And My network isn't a simple wireless router either.
Is Linux picking up an ethernet connection - check?
Is the DHCP server working - Check?
Can I ping and/or login into the router web pannel - check?
Can another computer access the internet - check?
Have all switches been through a power cycle?
Are all cables secure and picked up by switch - check?
IS telephone cable ok- check?
Tried the master socket - check?

Then as a last resort use tech support. go through everything, even if you have done it twice. They are bound to give you a new idea to try and in past they have been correct :p. I thought it was BT's fault, but it was partially theirs as it was their telephone line.

Anyway, hope you can get the issue resolved ASAP. We'll miss you.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I can't be bothered with wireless. Don't trust it. * pokes wirelessness & eyes it suspiciously. * More to go wrong and harder to figure out. Teaching old raccoons new tricks, as if.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I can't be bothered with wireless. Don't trust it. * pokes wirelessness & eyes it suspiciously. * More to go wrong and harder to figure out. Teaching old raccoons new tricks, as if.
I love wireless. Nothing like carrying my laptop around the apartment (except the bathroom - won't ever see me sh*tting and chatting :p).
However, security is an issue. Too many people just plug in their router and never change a thing, so they're running unprotected wireless networks. When my own internet was down for a week the 2nd week of January, I just logged into other people's unprotected wireless networks (although I had to sit by the kitchen window for that). However, brand new routers come with preinstalled security...for the lazy people. :p

Peachy

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
€LOL Peachy I do that too. It's fun when you can go anywhere in your neighborhood and use wireless.

But yeah that sucks hope your interweb gets fixed soon.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Is it me or is everything crashing this year?

Come back soon.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Yeah, I dread it when my mum goes. "Lee! The laptop is not working!" I Hate wireless so much. But when it does work, as Peachy said, its wonderful to get internet anywhere around your house.

Peachy said:
However, brand new routers come with preinstalled security...for the lazy people
However, even then. The security is typically weak. If you sign up with BT's broadband and get their router/wireless hardware. It has a sticker on the side stating the WEP 10 character key. Which means not only are they using a crappy encryption but, they'll never change the key from the factory default settings. Its plug and play essentially. But just giving a false sense of security.

HardcoreMickal said:
Is it me or is everything crashing this year?
Always has been as always will do :p. Just that at the moment there seems to be more people mentioning about it. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
*cough* Microsuck *cough* Yes, even though I say Mac is worse, I have a few pet peeves with Microsuck too, mostly with Vista and I also have a beef with ATI graphics as well....

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
There have been a few disturbances with the Internet lately and I really don't doubt that it has had worldwide effects. My IP just changed for the first time in a year about 2 days ago.

--Danny :ninja:

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Hmmmm, I guess I can add my two cents, cause yesterday, the internet was down for me, yet mIRC and Ares were still working while the internet was down.......

Titus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Take care Blake. :)

See you when you get back online again.

Status
Not open for further replies.