Interesting thing i found about us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManicMunchkin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My spidey sense is tingling. The woman running the site presents herself as a professional, but does not list a single:

• Degree
  • Publication
  • Organizational Affiliation
  • Licensure

That's my concern, too. Her website is an odd mix of professional and personal -- she even has personal pictures of her and her family, which is extremely odd for a website that, at first glance, seems to be devoted to her business. She only clearly describes herself as an advocate for patients and their proper care, not as a doctor, so I gather these are merely her observations. I guess we just take them with a grain of salt, then. I wonder if she is herself an AB, as she mentions here having a child-alter. Maybe this is all constructed out of her own personal experience.

tall2826

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I usually don't read but I have to say that was a great read, and seemed accurate to me.

coolguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thank you for getting my attention to read that. I got alot out of it and it makes alot of sense to me. I am always trying to figure out the cause of being the way I am and the issue of neglect never really came to mind before as a possible cause, but I do believe I was neglected alot and maybe this is a reason. Why, I dont know, but maybe it was the only time women [mother] would give me attention when I was being changed. I am not saying this is the reason, but the article really broadened my thoughts.

Pichu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Thank you very much. Very very accurate.

chris2fur

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
  7. Other
  8. Private
Something I noticed was that she never claimed to be anything except that she is an author and writes essays. What I didn't see mentioned here was in her writings it says:

At the far top left image it says "ToddlerTime Network" Reading more is:
Kathi Stringer & Stephen W. Mayberg, Ph.D., Director, California State Department of Mental Health (SDMH) - 2004
Advocate for people (staff/clients) in the mental health system
Consult Quality Improvement (QI) with the State Department of Mental Health (SDMH)
Member of Depression Bipolar Support Alliance of Riverside (DBSA-Riverside)
Author
Essay writer
and more. About Kathi Stringer -  Mental Health Advocate
Working around people with problems you can learn from them, understand them and then try to use that information to share with and help others.

It doesn't say she has a 'formal education' or degree but then just because someone isn't formally educated, college decreed, have special licensing it doesn't really mean they are "unworthy" of creating something or writing something that is helpful to the public or able to have business 'smarts'. Is it helpful, yes - does everyone need it? No. It all depends on what the capabilities of the person are. Truths are truths and something I learned was "never be too proud to learn from anyone anywhere, even if you see a baby do something easier than you would do it, however much the odds are against it, don't be too proud to learn from it."

Several people became very famous and not having degrees or good education:
Henry Ford
Thomas Alva Edison
John D. Rockefeller Sr.
Michael Dell
Bill Gates
Rachel Ray "famous author, chef, teacher"
Steven Spielberg
Peter Jennings
Simon Cowell
Walt Disney
Dave Thomas "Wendy's"

but they have all been successful and helped many people. Am I saying she is a Bill Gates? No, but look at Rachel Ray. Her insights and understanding has made her an author and teacher as well as many other things.

If she loses credibility for being 'crazy' then why is Freud's theories still studied? He had some serious issues! Then again, "In other words, if a theory is incompatible with possible observations, it is scientific; conversely, a theory which is compatible with all possible observations is unscientific (see Popper, K. The Logic of Scientific Discovery)." I think Popper just gave her credit :)

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Several people became very famous and not having degrees or good education:
Henry Ford
Thomas Alva Edison
John D. Rockefeller Sr.
Michael Dell
Bill Gates
Rachel Ray "famous author, chef, teacher"
Steven Spielberg
Peter Jennings
Simon Cowell
Walt Disney
Dave Thomas "Wendy's"

but they have all been successful and helped many people. Am I saying she is a Bill Gates? No, but look at Rachel Ray. Her insights and understanding has made her an author and teacher as well as many other things.

While I'd rather not get sidetracked on it, I'd like to note that Thomas Edison was much better at stealing inventions and discoveries from Tesla than he was at coming up with them himself. Anyhoo...

The difference between then and now is that all the people you mention had to earn merit and impact society before gaining respect. Keep in mind that the OP said the article was written "from a purely scientific standpoint." If that's what we're calling it, I think it's wholly acceptable to require some credentials by the author before we give some sort of scientific merit to her essay. Today, anyone and their mother can set up a professional-looking website and spread whatever drivel they believe. I'm not going to call something insightful rather than drivel just because I happen to agree with it.

I'm of the opinion that it's important to ask someone to give you a good reason to take them at their word (again, "I agree with what's said" is a rather poor reason). Don't think it's important to approach your source critically? Run a Google search for "Martin Luther King" and click the fourth link down.

chris2fur

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
  7. Other
  8. Private
The difference between then and now is that all the people you mention had to earn merit and impact society before gaining respect. Keep in mind that the OP said the article was written "from a purely scientific standpoint." If that's what we're calling it, I think it's wholly acceptable to require some credentials by the author before we give some sort of scientific merit to her essay.

NightFox, I am really shocked to see this kind of thought from you - because a 'reader' made a claim - the essay has to be scrutinized as that 'claim' when the author makes no such claim herself? She says it is from her personal observations, like a biography (because she tells of not only her own story, but what she has learned about others - then compiles information from other authors and notates just like a student would write a paper about something. She makes no other claims - so to 'thrash' her I just think is mis-directed and maybe the OP should edit their post to remove the false implication that it is "purely scientific". Does that make sense? She is a supporter and tries to help others understand and gives aid to those wronged by the system. Nothing more, she claims nothing more.

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

I try to give as much help as I can to people in the incon section, I speak from personal experience or what I know from the massive studying I still do. I'm not a doctor (but hold a conversation on their level with them and they sometimes agree with my thoughts/ideas - not to mention I have absolutely corrected some before) and I hold no degrees but it still doesn't mean I don't know anything at all and suddenly I'm just a lunatic with zero "credential" to say anything on the subject. I don't claim to either and always say "go see a doc" - but if someone else said "kitsiulla gives medical advice" then anyone crashing down on me would be unjustly doing it.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
She says it is from her personal observations, like a biography (because she tells of not only her own story, but what she has learned about others - then compiles information from other authors and notates just like a student would write a paper about something. She makes no other claims -.

You're right, Kitsiulla. But I do like that NightFox brought up that she doesn't show credentials; just for the purpose of validating her own credibility, it would be in her own best interest to list more of her qualifications or activities she's done to show why her knowledge is a good source. That being said, I did do a google search on her, and she is respected in the psychology community. This is why I think she should include more of these meetings she's conducted or done, for she does have good experience. She is a spokes person here:
USC Gould School of Law

Status
Not open for further replies.