• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Interesting situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom's youngest sister and her family are coming to visit us next week. They have two kids, a 6 year old and a 3 year old. My aunt called my mom yesterday and as they were talking, she happened to tell mom that she has found her 6 yo with one of the 3 yo's nighttime diapers tucked in his underwear twice now (once at nighttime, once daytime). Both times the diaper was wet and leaking because it was only a size 4 so it couldn't "hold" him when he wet it (the nighttime one looked like he had wet the bed and when she asked him about it, he confessed that he had the diaper in his pants). The daytime one she saw the wetness and the "big pants" look. She said that she has talked to him about it both times and his only words were that he just likes the feel of a diaper in his pants. She told mom that she is locking up the diapers as much as possible now, but it is really a hassle.

I don't know if my aunt knows about my DLism or not. Mom talks to her alot and she is really "free" with information sometimes, and I am afraid to ask her if she has told her. I am trying to figure out how to hide my cloth diapers and plastic pants when they get here. It will be pretty hard since mom washes my cloth diapers and then dries them outside most of the time, and hangs my plastic pants in the bathroom.

She did ask mom what she should do about her son, since it seems to be getting more frequent (she said that she is sure he has done it more then just the two times he has been caught because the diaper supply seems to go down faster then normal at times). Mom told her that maybe she should just buy him his own supply of diapers, to which she just laughed! Mom told me about the phone call and I said I would ask you people about it just to see what you would say. So can I have some imput?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You people? YOU PEOPLE?! How dare you, sir.

Just kidding. Uh...Well I don't really see what kind of advice you can give. Asking you (someone who likes them and doesn't try to stop) advice about getting someone to stop liking them, seems a little problematic.

I am sorry for "you people". I was going to say "you guys" but at the last moment I thought that because there are both men and women on this site that that wouldn't of been right, so I just put people instead. Sorry.

bambinobaby

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well, maybe while the family is here, you can give the oldest kid some of your diapers - maybe even diaper him. I don't think that there would be anything wrong with that since it is all family. Before you do that, though, I'd ask your mom and see what she thinks about that idea. If nothing else, if you have a good relationship with the older kid, try having a "heart to heart" with him and see what he says about diapers. Let us know how it goes.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, maybe while the family is here, you can give the oldest kid some of your diapers - maybe even diaper him. I don't think that there would be anything wrong with that since it is all family. Before you do that, though, I'd ask your mom and see what she thinks about that idea. If nothing else, if you have a good relationship with the older kid, try having a "heart to heart" with him and see what he says about diapers. Let us know how it goes.
No. You shouldn't interfere to that extent to something which you shouldn't be very involved in to begin with. At most talking to his mom and give your advice.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I am sorry for "you people". I was going to say "you guys" but at the last moment I thought that because there are both men and women on this site that that wouldn't of been right, so I just put people instead. Sorry.
I was kidding dude...:sweatdrop:

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Well, maybe while the family is here, you can give the oldest kid some of your diapers - maybe even diaper him.
That's a horrible idea. Incredibly disturbing that you'd even advise that.

Stay away from the subject altogether. What interest do you have in him, if he's a DL or not? You should advise his parents that it is somewhat common for younger children to have a transition stage - between being a toddler and a preteen. I know I did, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

PostTenebrasLux

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
No. You shouldn't interfere to that extent to something which you shouldn't be very involved in to begin with. At most talking to his mom and give your advice.
I agree with Wegs. Do not interfere. Just share your perspective and offer advice, but do no more.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think from what I have understood in your OP, I just wouldn't be wearing my diapers thus eliminating the need for them to be washed and hung out to dry. I'm assuming you are continent. You could talk this over with your mom since she is well informed as the washer and procurer. But if it was me, I would take the cautious tact on all of this, especially if they are not staying a long time.

Role
Other
I don't know what advice to give, but he might not be an infantilist. He might just feel that his little brother is getting more attention and that might be his way of trying to get more attention.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Well, maybe while the family is here, you can give the oldest kid some of your diapers - maybe even diaper him.
For those of you who were here during the whole MilleniumFalsehood (I cringe when I say that name...) incident was going on, you know exactly what this sounds like. Bambinobaby: Lets put it this way: He tried to diaper a kid who was significantly out of his age range, and he got arrested because we have some kickass admins. Do NOT even try this. I know you may think it's harmless, but if his mother catches you, BOOM! Insta-pedo. If this makes no sense, then we have not corrupted your mind yet.

So. In short: Do not even try it, don't even TALK to his or his mother about diapers. This is not your battle to fight, leave it alone.

A

aj1983

My advice would be to find out why the six year old is doing it. Is it just a phase? Is he stressed about stuff? is he jelous of the younger silbling getting more attention? Maybe he just doesnt like his current underwear or its uncomfortable? :smile1:

There is probably lots of reasons he could be doing it and should be lots of ways to get him to stop. I don't think his parents should just give in right away and let him have diapers at that age if he doesnt medically need them and isn't a bedwetter. :thumbsup:

NickofNewjersey

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
WKLD said that 6 year-olds can just be going through phases, so lets see where this goes first. I wanna to say not to interfere but at the same time I so want to see what is going to happen, I have no idea what to in this situation.

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well I my self would stay out of it as much as I could. Your mom seems to know enough she can help her sister out."it was her sister right?? I'm sleepy atm srry" An if your open enough with your mom she can pass along good advice it seems

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Oh yes! What a wonderfully perverted thing to do.

Where do these people keep coming from?

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Off the wall advice, CREEPING ME OUT

:bunny:The older boy is a 6 yo. And according to age limits of ADISC the op must be at least 13 yo. Family or not, this advice from an adult(?) is absolutely unacceptable in any situation.

This thread creeping me out; I completey agree with Darkfinn. Additionally, neither the OP nor your profile tell me absolutely anything about either of you. Do not persist in posting this kind of thread.:bunny:

E

Elli

To state the obvious, the 6-year-old is a child. Children have every right to go through phases without adults (or teens) making judgements on their future desires, nor giving adult labels (such as infantilist) to their behviour. Let the child's parents decide what to do about this phase, let them decide whether there is any sibling jealousy, unmet emotional need, etc, and let them decide how they will respond as parents. Same would go if the phase was leaving lights on, picking his nose, eating mud, anything kids do!

If the parents ask others for advice, by all means offer them what you know. But that's as far as you go. No further. There seems to be a temptation, from some, to be this child's rescuer, as thought being the only person who understands the desire for nappies. But...NO. Get out of that mindset. Let him grow up through this phase and make his own judgements when he's an adult. Chances are he won't even remember this phase in the future. IF when the child is a teen or adult and he decides to use nappies, well so be it, that's his business. But for now, it is essentially no one's business other than his parents.

Also, if I had children coming to my home, I would make sure any inappropriate items were put away, out of access to children. I would put tampons away, for example, (just discreetly, no need for a padlock!) just because children are naturally curious and that's one thing they don't need to learn about yet. Same would go for my nappies.

WoodlandWanderer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Well I went though nearly exactly the same thing was I was 6, then nobody did anything and it wore off. In my case it reappeared at 12 and is still going but with the majority of kids it will go away and never come back. Most likely this is just a phase and is probably caused by extra attention the 3yo is getting.

Your mum obviously knows about your DLness and this is a subject best dealt with by the adults, better stay out of this one and it's probably not a good idea to go wearing diapers round when they are visiting. Btw you won't need to hide them hard, he won't suspect you have any so he wont bother looking - hopefully.

hmmm.... why would you do that? For one it's seems very weird, two why encourage him if it's just a phase, three you will have everyone shouting pedo.
You only have 4 posts + nobody knows anything about you + suspect post = suspicious.

S

secretdl26

I would suggest that you not personally become involved. At that age it is often common for older children to be jealous of a younger child (if the 3 year old is still in diapers) and use something (like using diapers again) to gain attention. If the 6 year old is truly interested in wearing diapers again, the decision to supply him with diapers is completely up to his mother.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I would stay as far away from this as possible... You appear to have a bright future and you should not do anything that will spoil that.

Status
Not open for further replies.