Interesting furry art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Uh, I did say most weren't. Look around a bit, there are some there. I can't link to them either, because it's all in-browser.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
It's not furry but I am inspired.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
On the contrary there are a few anthro drawings in the illustration segment featuring mice characters.

Doesn't do anything for me personally!

X

xdeadx

Does that include Bugs Bunny?

Everyone has their own definition for what a furry is. Mine is a person interested in things that deal with the furry fandom through a furry perspective.

Examples:

A furry is a person who recognizes an anthropomorphic animal as appealing and cool.

However, a child who watches Looney Toons and other shows with anthropomorphic animals in them is not a furry.

Hard to explain really.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
Bugs bunny?
Fur? Check.
Anthropomorphic? Check.
So.... Bugs Bunny would technically be furry art. It surely doesn't make everyone that watches the cartoons furry though. And it does not necessarily mean the artist is a furry either. So I guess you could say Bugs Bunny is "Unintentionally furry art" because it was made without the furry fandom in mind as far as I know. "unintentional furry art" isn't really a great term, but that's my explanation anyway. It's technically furry by definition, but it wasn't really made for furries.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
Nice artwork, but the farthest thing from "furry" that I have ever seen.

Also, a few people are missing the point that you don't have to be furry to draw them. Okay, so my example who springs to mind at first is such a furry in denial, but I know plenty of artists who draw furry and related stuff, but are not furry themselves.

Plus, ever heard of commissions?

X

xdeadx

YES!!
Anthropomorphism is the attribution of uniquely human characteristics to non-human creatures and beings,

IE. THe talking.

My point of view is that they used anthropomorphism because it was more child friendly.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I guess I was just using my sterile, dictionary definition of an anthropomorphic furry, which is people with animal features, when I posted that.

B

baby kiffer

Wow...that artist is AWSOME! Cool post, regardless of whether it is furry or not.

Oh, by the way...I think there needs to be a distinction between furry and anthromorphic.

I believe--correct me if I am wrong--that "furry" refers to the community which associates its self with anthromorphic characters. Whereas, "anthromorphic" refers to an artistic representation of an animal in human form (and does not refer to, though it implies, the furry community).

And if anybody noticed my extended furlough (ha, ha...), I apologize for being gone for so long. I...am...busy...

Status
Not open for further replies.