Interesting Find On The Net, Mental institution crib?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Secret

So I am into URBEX'ing othrwise called urban exploring which is basicly exploring abandoned places and finding out their history and how they came to be abandoned and exploring them. Well I was on a urban exploration website website and I found THIS!

creepy.jpg

An Adult sized crib in a mental hospital circa 1930-1960 I think? They were intended for mental patients and to stop people with developmental problems from wandering off into danger. Seems sorta cruel but then again its either this or upped dosages of medications which can be a whole new set of problems in itself.

An adult baby crib
http://www.babyapparels.com/Images_Furniture/DCrib1.jpg
See the resemblence there? see you all later im gonna go steal this from the creepy abandoned hospital! it cant be THAT dirty? can it? { sarcasmic ]

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Sure go for it, it only looks like it is out of a horror movie, and I'm sure no one has died in it. ;)

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Looks like something you would have seen in See No Evil.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Those things still exist, although not sure if they'Re still used in mental institutions.

I passed a store selling products for disabled people on my way to uni every day. For years, they had an adult sized crib in their showroom window. It was a high-tech one too because you could lower one side electrically for easy access. It was also built from very strong wood, so I guess it was really expensive (no price tag on it).

Peachy

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I seen cribs like that before, well one like it. I think it was on Opacity or something like that. Anyway I wouldn't steal it since it would be hard to get out and its stealing. Someone owns the place even if its the government.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
So I am into URBEX'ing othrwise called urban exploring which is basicly exploring abandoned places and finding out their history and how they came to be abandoned and exploring them. Well I was on a urban exploration website website and I found THIS!

creepy.jpg
Yikes! I was checking out the crib's surroundings though the place probably looked a *little* better when it was in use. The mental hospital where I worked looked like a country club compared to this place! I can tell by the bar spacing on this crib it would not pass current safety standards for baby/toddler use.

~Pramrider

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
So I am into URBEX'ing othrwise called urban exploring which is basicly exploring abandoned places and finding out their history and how they came to be abandoned and exploring them.
Oh... I see. Yeah... we used to do that as kids too... except it was called TRESPASSING.

Don't try to give it some fancy name or some higher purpose. You are trespassing inside abandoned buildings and snooping around.

Not that I'm saying it's bad... or that you shouldn't do it... but just be prepared to face the consequences if the cops get called.

Role
Private
Oh... I see. Yeah... we used to do that as kids too... except it was called TRESPASSING.

Don't try to give it some fancy name or some higher purpose. You are trespassing inside abandoned buildings and snooping around.

Not that I'm saying it's bad... or that you shouldn't do it... but just be prepared to face the consequences if the cops get called.

This urban exploring is quite an established thing. There's a sizable amount of people who do it, comparable to the size of our whole community. I'm sure they could fathom up some justifiable reason as to why they do it, just as we do to ourselves.

And why such a negative-nancy all the time? Yes, it's trespassing, we all know that. But if these people want to take the risk and venture into an abandoned, derelict place that no one else could give two-shits about (even the authorities), then I say let them! It, at least, makes for an interesting read.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
And why such a negative-nancy all the time? Yes, it's trespassing, we all know that. But if these people want to take the risk and venture into an abandoned, derelict place that no one else could give two-shits about (even the authorities), then I say let them! It, at least, makes for an interesting read.
Not trying to be negative... just bringing in a dose of reality. I don't quite comprehend why kids these days have to come up with a snazzy code-name for "Hey, let's go break into that old abandoned building and snoop around!" Lots of us used to do it... and yes, that adult sized crib is a sweet find... too bad getting it home past mom & dad would be nearly impossible.

I'm just saying don't be suprised if the 5-0 does come for you... sure, they won't toss you in jail or anything... but being brought home by Officer Don is sure to raise some interesting questions from your parents.

Role
Private
I'm just saying don't be suprised if the 5-0 does come for you... sure, they won't toss you in jail or anything... but being brought home by Officer Don is sure to raise some interesting questions from your parents.
Ha, right. And who's going to call the police? Unless someone wants to waste funds on having a guard for the place, I doubt there'd be anyone around who'd bother to call the police.

Now, if the place were victim to [repeated] arsonist attacks, then I could see the point in setting up a bit of security. But why do that when logic says to just knock the place down. No one is using the facility, it's derelict and falling apart beyond any sane restoration. Let these kids have a bit of adventure.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer

Please note that trespassing can only be prosecuted if the owner of the property reports the trespassers to the police. The definition of "abandoned buildings" implies that the owner has no interests in them any more and wouldn't care who walks around there.

Peachy

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
we had issues with the danvers state asylum here. they were going to turn it into a historic facility, but some guy bought over the town and knocked it down for another stamped condo housing section. while they were building it one of the houses did catch on fire at night.
Danvers

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
but some guy bought over the town and knocked it down for another stamped condo housing section.
Ah... suburbian hell... gotta love the new definition of the American Dream. We all have our own houses... a 10x10 patch of grass... and we can spit and hit our neighbor's house. So much for privacy.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
Ah... suburbian hell... gotta love the new definition of the American Dream. We all have our own houses... a 10x10 patch of grass... and we can spit and hit our neighbor's house. So much for privacy.
when i lived in southern california there were houses that had a 1x1 patch of grass next to their garage and you could touch the house next door with a yard stick.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Yeah... there's plenty of that around here.

At least the ol' place we're in now has a decently sized yard. The neighbors are still a little close... but being that they are who they are we don't mind a bit.

S

Secret

it cant be THAT dirty? can it? { sarcasmic ]
Anyway I wouldn't steal it since it would be hard to get out and its stealing. Someone owns the place even if its the government.
This isnt even my picture as I already said in my first post and I was being sarcastic about stealing it, cause I dont steal stuff cause stealing is bad mmmm kay. I do understand the dangers and consequences of getting caught by Johny law and I am not to worried because the cops have better things to do than chase down a bunch of kids inside a abandoned place. The Real danger is COPPER theives, they are usualy mean and armed with some type of weapon, and they dont want to get caught or get their copper stollen from them, although I did meet one once inside an abandoned house and he was pretty nice but he kept on asking if I was here to smoke weed , kinda wierd but pretty nice guy tho I guess? And yes it is tresspassing but thats part of the whole thrill behind it and it gives you awesome photo ops while I inprove my ninja skills.

Role
Diaper Lover
The possibilities of what I'm thinking I could do with abandoned buildings is much.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Sometimes you don't have to worry about someone calling the police. Abandoned buildings in urban (also rural) areas can become popular 'shooting galleries' for drug addicts. Police know where the trouble spots are for drug use and might regularly check certain buildings out. You wouldn't want to get caught in a situation where the police unexpectedly make an appearance and suspect you for drug use because of the location you're at.

Many years ago there was an old girls finshing school in one of Baltimore's suburb areas which dated to the 1800's. It was falling apart in ruins by the 1960's when I first saw it, and it was known as 'the old mansion' by area teens. Kids used to always go there and climb through the ruins just for fun and no one (the police) cared. Later on it became a hangout for druggies which brought it onto the police radar screen. It became so well known for drugs that the county put a high fence all around the place. It was still watched closely by the authorities because I rode up there later in the '70s with a coworker while we were doing outside field work for the company. We decided to park by the entrance and eat lunch because it was a nice shady spot. Wasn't long a plain clothes cop rode by, stopped, and checked us out to see what we were doing there. When we identified ourselves he mentioned the problems they were having with drugs and trespassers on the property, so he checks anyone out who parks around there. Incidentally, the only reason the place wasn't demolished was because the county hoped to restore the historical old school building, which it has somewhat today.

Patapsco Female Institute Historic Park - PFI

Just thought I'd share that because you have to be aware the place you're exploring might be used by kids and adults for illegal reasons, and you wouldn't want suspicions of the same activity cast on you by being there.

~Pramrider

Status
Not open for further replies.