Installing Ubuntu 7.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Kill. Me. :damnpc: :damnpc: :damnpc: :damnpc: :damnpc: :damnpc: :damnpc: :damnpc: :damnpc: :damnpc:

Windows XP O/S, 256MB nVidia video card, 1GB ram, and wanting to use a 10GB partition.

Okay, the BIOS boots (first screen that comes up), boots into CD Ubuntu menu, I choose Start or Install (first option), it goes into the next loading screen (orange bar goes back and forth), goes into the text loading screen (Loading XXX [OK]), and freezes.

I downloaded Feisty Fawn, it worked until "Loading Enterprise (what ever what ever what ever) _" and then it freezes. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I have burned around 10 ISO's so far, TRYING to get Linux to work on my Windows 95 machine, and 3 today trying to get it onto my laptop!

HALP!!!

~Gwizzy

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
You're trying the latest ubuntu on a Windows 95 machine? well there's your problem...

Try using the Alternate Install disk on your laptop to install Ubuntu to it, instead of the LiveCD.

Also, look into a light distro for your Win95 box.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
I tried Ubuntu on my old PC. Didn't work at all. Then I tried Xubuntu. Didn't work either. I guess 128 MB of ram just isn't enough :frown:

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Even Xubuntu isn't low enough for a PC like that ;)

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
7.10 -- TEXT INSTALLER

I don't wanna use my whole HD, and I wont want any of my data to be gone either...Any help there?

~Gwizzy

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
The built in partition editor will allow you to resize your current partiton and allow you to make another for Ubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.