Innocent lil ab question ive been asking myself lately as i come to terms.

LiLMaus

Mommy's Naughty LiL Diaper Mouse
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
What is the difference between never growing up vs this lifestyle we've all chosen? This is not meant to offend anyone. Trying to figure out why we want to regress. Particularly, to a time in our life that has already passed. We can never really be in that stage in our lives ever again. Just what I'm asking is why do we torture ourselves over a fantasy that is never truly possible or true? Innocent quest and thoughts from your LiLMaus friend.

Reactions: medfet878 and IcyBlue

AComputerGuy

Not a BIG KID yet
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
LiLMaus said:
never growing up
You are a child forever you will look like an adult but forever remain a child emotionally and mentally and intellectually etc

LiLMaus said:
this lifestyle
It's more of a do things a child would do and enjoy those feelings of a simpler time pacifiers teddy's etc but you are an adult mentally etc

Last edited:
Reactions: medfet878

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm beginning to realize that all the things we experienced as young children are still in our memories. I've been surprised at some of the things I'll suddenly remember even though they may have happened when I was 4 or 5. If this is true, then maybe there's a part of us that can access these memories making us feel that age for a brief period of time. And if that's true, then there is a part of us that never really grows old. Yes, we are adults and need to take on the many adult responsibilities that enables us to survive, but we're also that child that resides somewhere in our brain. Maybe our child part also resides in some spiritual dimension,waiting for us to pass on and embrace every aspect of who we once were.

Reactions: medfet878, LinkDL and AComputerGuy

AComputerGuy

Not a BIG KID yet
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
The concept of the inner child is not newScreenshot_20221225_013023.jpg

Reactions: medfet878 and dogboy

SparkleAlchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
For some it's trying to recreate what we never had, not trying to recreate a time that passed. My childhood was filled with loneliness and neglect so what I crave more than anything is a mommy who would take care of and love me. My family was very unaccepting of anything viewed as childish so to have someone I could fully be myself around whether that be getting to play with toys or throw a tantrum and be punished but also told I'm still loved would mean the world.

Reactions: BellasMommy, medfet878 and LiLMaus

Mickey

Waddling Mouse w/ASD
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
My childhood. Well, I can say that it has been a long time and time can warp memories.
I would say overall in that my childhood was both good and bad. But the bad outweighs the good. I am sure that one remembers the bad times more then the good. Perhaps this warps my memory today. But for me this started as a child of age 4.

I had a lot of toys. I got a lot of toys at Christmas and for birthdays. I was spoiled in that way, I always had a good imagination, played with a lot of my toys. I remember I had a lot of good times playing. All of that I really enjoyed. Very positive part of my life. We sometimes did vacations, those were always positive, but infrequent.
What was bad was everything else, to cut it to a short statement.

My diaper fixation started this for me, all the way through my teens. I didn't really start to be AB until I was in my late 20's. And as I alluded to, all the toys and playing was real positive. I think naturally I deeply desire to recreate it. I could have chosen to simply be more of an adult child and not have anything to do with babies or diapers, but there was always that diaper thing in the back of my mind. I wear diapers, so do babies, I must be one. I still wore at age 3 I think, so that is about the age I am going for. More of a toddler then a baby. Age 3 is real appealing as everything fits nicely, diapers, toys, etc. I really like the cuteness of toys, clothing, diapers and all that, as well as the innocence of this age.
I can't begin to express all my feelings on this topic, but for me, it really helps me in so many ways.

Reactions: medfet878 and LiLMaus

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Never growing up requires freedom, support, willpower to enjoy and indulge.

The lifestyle we have all chosen is significantly different for everyone but maybe similar to the following example?
Life takes a toll on the physical and mental health which for those of us who started this interest at a young age meant we had a coping mechanism. It possibly innocently hit us where we could find ourselves in a comforting state of mind which we recently had been allowed to have the care we needed. At least thats how I feel it was in my situation. Personally its a bliss of comfort but I don’t seem to regress really? If I do it’s fleeting before I fall asleep I’ve noticed lately. I’m definitely more furry meowing occasionally to myself when I’m happy and alone usually 😹

Trauma or passionate feelings have had the most impact on the direction we took at that stage in life I believe. As we grew older it was something that had to be purged from our minds considering the reality and social norms that we had to conform to. Once school was over and we gained our freedom to choose how we live our own lives it possibly came back into our lives as a way of coping. There was many path’s people have taken it seems to manage themselves one way or another.
It seems to be the way we found our true selves where we can let our guards down in the possibly difficult circumstances that shaped us into an adult.

Gender identity and social acceptance is another thing that has been a part of acceptance in adulthood. Figuring out sexuality or lack of could have had a part in this lifestyle choice too. It may not have been a choice and it was a medical thing but it’s just another thing that has brought us all together in this community. The best thing is that this community exists to help us all so very much allowing us to understand ourselves better.

Reactions: medfet878 and LiLMaus

TheBob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
As you can see, there are many answers to your question.

Reactions: medfet878, AComputerGuy, LiLMaus and 1 other person

siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
LiLMaus said:
What is the difference between never growing up vs this lifestyle we've all chosen? This is not meant to offend anyone. Trying to figure out why we want to regress. Particularly, to a time in our life that has already passed. We can never really be in that stage in our lives ever again. Just what I'm asking is why do we torture ourselves over a fantasy that is never truly possible or true? Innocent quest and thoughts from your LiLMaus friend.
Ho my I am just right a pice on Little space it will answer your question.

But it's not about being a baby again it about being in tuch with your inner child. And being in the now.

And it or not to be normal I am nearly ready to post about that.

Reactions: medfet878

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I’m not sure that any of will ever truly understand that powerful yearning to engage in what we do, especially those of us with regressive tendencies.

For me it is not a question of ever or never growing up, cause hey, here I am in mature analytical mode discussing this, and in a heartbeat something could trigger that extraordinary part of me that experiences feelings which can only be described as purely infantile.

The best I can come up with for myself, is that a strong and determined part of my psyche has hung on, refusing to integrate into the rest of me that has grown and developed over the years.

There is a definite aspect of my personality which is undeniably a baby, and somehow this has managed to remain with me my entire life.

While it has its own place within my personality, it also has a degree of influence over the rest of my personality, all positive I should add.

The reason I have hung on to my baby self, may be as simple as not wanting to let go of the feelings and experiences of incredible wonder in discovering myself and the world I inhabit. There is no doubt that regression is an intensely sensual and emotional experience unlike anything my adult self experiences. And while this can be fleeting, ebbing and flowing between adult and baby space, there is always a genuine sense of authenticity about it; it feels real.

Unfortunately, I rarely have the opportunity to truly let go and allow myself to fully enter little space, but I take whatever I can whenever I can. What I do know and have experienced though, is that a door exists for me that is always accessible, which enables me to embrace this extraordinary part of myself, and dayumm is it a joy.

So, this is my perspective, I’m sure it differs for everyone, and I should add that it is a whole lot more complicated and nuanced in my life than I have mentioned in this post, I was just trying to address the OPs questions.

Reactions: medfet878, dogboy and IcyBlue