BabyHailey1977

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hello everyone.
I just had a telephone consult with my urologist. This was our initial meeting. Anyway, she knew that I wear diapers, and also had my voiding diary. She started out by saying that she “sees that I was referred to her because I want to wear diapers all the time....to become incontinent”. She then began asking me a lot of questions about my diet and so on. Then she moved on to the topic of my diapers. What surprised me is that she never called them “briefs”. From the beginning she called then diapers, and “your diapers”. She asked my I wear diapers, if I need them. I was honest and told her that they are comfortable to me. She then asked if I wanted to use my diapers instead of the toilet, and I said yes. Then she took it a step further and asked if I ever wanted to use the toilet again. And I was honest with her, and said only for BM’s.

I told her that I’m not trying to become I continent, that I’m just wearing diapers a lot and had some symptoms that me and my PCP wanted to make sure weren’t signs of something severe. She wanted to confirm that my symptoms are overactive bladder, urges, retention, and dribbling. In concurred and then she said that she believed that my diet, specifically what I’m drinking that is causing my symptoms. I drink a lot of water and crystal light. Like between 6-10 bottles of it a day. She said that if I stop drinking it, that in about two weeks my symptoms will almost go away.

I asked about my diapers and the fact that I wet whenever I get the urge, and if that it causing the symptoms. She said that if we find that the crystal light isn’t the cause, she will look into that.

The conversation ended with her telling me that although wearing diapers past childhood isn’t really normal, that decision is up to me.

She was extremely nice, and caring. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

My question is this; Have any of you heard about the crystal light claim? I’ve been drinking a lot of it for a few years now. Can it really be something this easy?

Reactions: TigerDL and checkingoutall
I have diabetes and incontinence. I have found that if I consume drinks that contain artificial sweeteners then I urinate a lot.

Crystal light has artificial sweeteners in it. The best thing I found to drink is cold ice water. It'll make you go, but not like artificial sweeteners. Also, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with wearing diapers. I always say it's best to do what's comfortable than be miserable.

Reactions: TigerDL and BabyHailey1977
Paddy2020 said:
Crystal light has artificial sweeteners in it. The best thing I found to drink is cold ice water. It'll make you go, but not like artificial sweeteners. Also, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with wearing diapers. I always say it's best to do what's comfortable than be miserable.
Thank you. I guess I’ll switch to water for a couple weeks to see if it works.

**Update**
I sent my urologist a message asking if wearing diapers and using them whenever I get the urge is causing my symptoms and she said she doesn’t thing it has anything to do with it. She really believes it’s my diet.

I agree. I think it's your diet too.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
Well, I read the notes my Urologist put in my records and they don’t make me look all that good. She documented that I do have Urge Incontinence, but no underlying reason to wear diapers.

She noted that when asked if I’d rather wet my diaper than void in the toilet, I said yes. Maybe I’m reading her notes with too much emotion, but overall they make me look crazy.

No, you're not crazy. Doctors look at me funny when they see my diaper. Doctors just don't like to see adults in diapers. Who cares what they think. If you're comfortable in a diaper and use it to potty or poo; well, to heck with the doctors. You have to be comfortable.

Reactions: TigerDL, BabyHailey1977 and BobbiSueEllen
Counselors are a weird breed, largely narcissistic. I've dealt with enough of them to know how backstabbing and two-faced they can be.

BobbiSueEllen said:
Counselors are a weird breed, largely narcissistic. I've dealt with enough of them to know how backstabbing and two-faced they can be.
This was my urologist that did this. I’m shocked she didn’t order tests.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Okay, gotcha. Basically, they're all hired to suit the aim of the VA. It's the same game as Social Security Disability: the system is designed to turn you down and discourage, break you down you over time, the more you apply. Even the Appeals system is rigged against you. You might just need to consult an attorney for advice if it gets worse.

BobbiSueEllen said:
Okay, gotcha. Basically, they're all hired to suit the aim of the VA. It's the same game as Social Security Disability: the system is designed to turn you down and discourage, break you down you over time, the more you apply. Even the Appeals system is rigged against you. You might just need to consult an attorney for advice if it gets worse.
That’s very true. I just can’t see how she could be so contradicting. She diagnosed me with a type of incontinence (without testing), and then said there is no underlying reason to wear diapers.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Hard telling. They run two narratives: one with clients, one with their bosses/colleagues. Jekyll/Hyde.

Her notes are factual. She did ask you that and you did answer as she wrote it. The way you report it, I see no judgement on her part. Just the result of her evaluation.

The way I see it, at this point, she is waiting to confirm he first hypotheses. No further test are required at this stage.

In law, they would be 'professional opinion'. They would carry weight but still be merely an opinion. Other docs might agree or disagree. This is one reason why, in the case of medically-assisted euthanasia, for example, there is more than one doctor's opinion required. If the law would be involved, in this instance, other doctors in the field would be allowed to testify to corroborate or refute the doctor's opinion.

Last edited:
Back