• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Infantilism leads to Incontinence, a good thing: A dumb assumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I wanted to build on that last post.

Not only was the fact that Infantilism could lead to Incontenence a joke on the Tyra Banks show; there's AB/DL's jollying their lollies to the notion that they could lose total liquid control of their lower half. And I'm not one of em.

If you are one of those people, picture this: You're sitting at the Thanksgiving table discussing stocks with your uncle Jack when you suddenly let out a huge, loud bout of diarhhea and the kiddy table is giggling while everybody else is trying to pretend it never happened.

Incontinence is no joke. I had a freight when my 'boys' forgot how to use the toilet, I'd go and stand infront of one and at that point the urge would leave, then I'd go sit back down in a diapered puddle five minutes later. Luckilly, I was able to re-potty train but some other members may not be so lucky.

What do you think? Is being an incontinent AB/DL a good thing, or good thing?

Cheers
-GT

Role
Other
I'm a little confused about the infantilism leads to incontinence part. I've been wearing diapers pretty much 24/7 for going on 20 years and have yet to become incontinent.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm a little confused about the infantilism leads to incontinence part. I've been wearing diapers pretty much 24/7 for going on 20 years and have yet to become incontinent.
On that episode Tyra says that for most people becoming incontinent is a bad thing, but for a AB/DL it would be a good thing. To some it might be but to most I doubt people would like needing diapers all the time. There's a major difference between wanting/needing.

Lightning

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I don't think Infantilism leads to incontinence unless you want it to. But if it was my choice, then no, I wouldn't want to. It would be too much hassle all the time.

Possibly Insane

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's psychological. Only an AB/TB who really wants to become incontinent, whether consciously or sub-consciously, will become incontinent. And no, I wouldn't want to be incontinent.

B

Butterfly Mage

I haven't heard of anyone actually becoming incontinent from wearing diapers. If you pee in a diaper and you're not incontinent, you're still *choosing* when you urinate, thus you're not going to become incontinent.

At least that's my idea!

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I haven't heard of anyone actually becoming incontinent from wearing diapers. If you pee in a diaper and you're not incontinent, you're still *choosing* when you urinate, thus you're not going to become incontinent.

At least that's my idea!
The idea is that you train yourself to go in a diaper, just like you'd train yourself to go in a toilet. Only, with the diaper, you go whenever, wherever you want and controlling it isn't an issue. Eventualy, your sub conscience gets used to that, and that combined with weakened sphincter muscles out of disuse makes you incontinent.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
If someone wants to lose control, they will. If you feel they do not fully understand how embarrassing or inconvenient it is, then you should tell them. But if they become incontinent anyways, that indicates that they really really wanted to, despite your advice, and there's nothing you should worry about in that case.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The idea is that you train yourself to go in a diaper, just like you'd train yourself to go in a toilet. Only, with the diaper, you go whenever, wherever you want and controlling it isn't an issue. Eventualy, your sub conscience gets used to that, and that combined with weakened sphincter muscles out of disuse makes you incontinent.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
that combined with weakened sphincter muscles out of disuse makes you incontinent.
Those sphincter muscles contract themselves at night, so I don't see how they would be disuse if they are exercised like 4-8 hours in any given day. Then again, none of us are doctors here.

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
*Turns Into A Doctor*

I've No Clue, My Specialty Is Field Surgery!

Now, Being Serious, Its Possible, I Should Think, If You Can Train Yourself Yo Use The Toilet, Cant You Train Yourself To Always Use A Diaper When You Need To Go?

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent
ArGGGGGGH.!!!!!!!!!!

INCONTINENCE FROM USING DIAPERS IS NOT ABOUT HAVING A WEAK SPHINCTER. (aka stress incontinence)
I'm tired of hearing this over and over.

At night your sphincter normally stays shut... IT'S THE SAME AS DURING THE DAY. Unless you suffer from some severe sphincter damage, they will never stay 'open'. Get this idea out of your heads, PLEASE.

It is about loss of inhibition. There's a sypathetic system at work. As the bladder fills enough to trigger a spasm (an urge), the sphinter tries to open and release. Normally, you subconsiously close your sphincter, thanks to many many years of practice and habit. (Infants haven't developed the neural connections yet, hence why they fill and empty uncontrollably until they are mature enough for potty training.) This action inhibits the bladder contractions, and keeps you from urinating. You have to release the urine by relaxing your sphincter. If you're actively pushing your urine out then you're doing it all wrong.

To become incontinent, you have to train your mind first. After it becomes more of a reflex, then and only then do you see any physical changes. The bladder will become smaller and less capable of stretching. The inner lining will become more sensative. What would have been a slight feeling of your bladder being barely full will become more or less your bursting point as it's not used to filling beyond that.

This is how your bladder becomes urge incontinent.

You want incontinence? Pee often. VERY often. All the time.. and don't strain or push.
If you don't have a diaper on, pee in your pants, bed, couch, floor, etc. Don't hold it back, ever.

If you can't do that much, then sorry, you won't become incontinent. If you do that much, that stuff WILL happen.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Carer
Becoming incontinent would make this fetish un-fucking-bearable. To have to do this out of necessity would suck all the novelty and fun out of it. *grin*

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Ask any person whose been incontinent for the whole live if it's a good thing! 75%-95% will tell you it is not. Too much hassle, too much embarrassment and not enough freedom.

I've known of some AB/DL who go through medical procedures in order to accomplish incontinence both bowl and urinary. But not from a physician but from a psychologist/psychiatrist. Plus the procedure is done like quarterly in order to keep it that way. To me that calls into question of ethics in this matter. It would be like going in and asking the doctor to cut off your leg because you don't want it anymore.

All I have to say is think before proceeding to something like wanting to be incontinent.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Ask any person whose been incontinent for the whole live if it's a good thing! 75%-95% will tell you it is not. Too much hassle, too much embarrassment and not enough freedom.

I've known of some AB/DL who go through medical procedures in order to accomplish incontinence both bowl and urinary. But not from a physician but from a psychologist/psychiatrist. Plus the procedure is done like quarterly in order to keep it that way. To me that calls into question of ethics in this matter. It would be like going in and asking the doctor to cut off your leg because you don't want it anymore.

All I have to say is think before proceeding to something like wanting to be incontinent.
Um, what is the name of the procedure? Not because I wish to become incontinent, just never heard of such a thing.

-GT

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
well it does if the person in question wants to become inconient. the mind truely has control over everything.if it does not want something to happen it won't let it unless a phisicall matter is actually able to override it. like falling. the brain will not let you fall unless you trip or lose blood ect. when you were first triing to wet you only could because you wanted to and you still had a doubt for some people. another example is you wont go in cold wanter unless you were pushed or again want to.

that is why after 20 years you can be un incontient. but on the fact yes it can if you want it to.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Um, what is the name of the procedure? Not because I wish to become incontinent, just never heard of such a thing.

-GT
I'll privately post it to you as I can't ethically leave any suggestion that could physically harm someone.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent
Well, it's not exactly like you can walk into the hospital and say I want operation X done, and they do it for you.
But eh.

Ch3stersGhost

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Being incontinent for say.....a week would be fun. If you got to spend that week at home with alot of diapers and a laptop, otherwise NOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.