Infant potty training (Your thoughts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was flying from Ohio to New Jersey in first class, and there was a Brazilian tour group on board. Because I was in front, my seat faced this Brazilian mother with child. As you can guess, baby got hungry, and she just plopped out her boob and started feeding. At first I was like,WTF and looked away, red in the face. Then I started taking peeks...teehee. I was in my younger 20's at the time. I had a good story to tell when I landed.

As for infant potty training, I think it's insane in the membrane. Who would want to be bothered. It's hard enough to house train a dog. Basically it's the same thing. Every time the dog acts like it needs to go, you take it out for a walk. Yeah, diapers are a lot better.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
Whoever says that infants are capable of 'holding' from birth and 'learn to use diapers' are full of it themselves. The nerve connections haven't develoed yet and the bladder operates as an automatic reflex as it gets full.
Catching the right moments for 'elimination-communication' is nothing like 'potty training'.
More power to them if they don't want to deal with changing a few diapers, and instead spend time dangling their kids over a toilet for a year or two 50 times a day until their body matures enough to hold in enough so they can actually then start potty training.. which still involves the same amount of work if the child was in diapers or not.

"What? Drive my car to work 10 minutes away? No thank you, I'd rather walk the couple hours. Every day."

There's a line between laziness and 'reasonable' convenience. Diapers used on infants? Hint: NOT LAZY.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Just thought I throw this out here:

The same thing could be said about breastfeeding in public. I don't care if it is the most natural thing in the world... it is not socially acceptable. Man invented the breast pump and the bottle for a reason.

If women ran the world and not men, who knows what would be socially acceptable.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
My thought on this subject are that infant potty training is a bad idea, I was potty trained at around 12 months old, and belive that this is a major contributary factor in me being a TB/DL. But on the bright side at least I have an excuse if my mum catches me.

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Life's just like that though... There's plenty of things people CAN do, they just don't. They follow society or whatever personal ideas they are inspired by. People can find reasons to support whatever method they favour and so once again it comes down to choice. As long as you don't abuse your child in anyway (emotionally, physically, etc) then you've been a decent parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.