• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Industrial (Cyber Goth // Dark Rave) Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yumi

I'd like to know some good bands/songs.

:D Share!

One song I'm crazy about is Arise X - Nekromanie. I'm pretty sure it's German, the sounds I can make out sound like the German language... D: Either way, it's quite nice. I don't believe this is fully industrial. Hmm. A couple other favs of mine: 100% - Angelspit (Industrial//Cyber Punk), Hunter - YADE (Industrial), and Darkwave Surfer - Aural Vampire (Industrial//Darkwave)

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Carer
Hmmm...I've listened to it, and it's just not for me. I wanted to understand it at the very least, and it just kind of escapes me.

Yep. I'm becoming a cranky old man. Nice.

M

Mako

I enjoy the music, but the vocals sound like a someone with a tracheotomy being strangled.

Role
Private
I spent the better part of my teenage years going to raves and clubs that offered up more traditional types of hardcore rave music (not that happy hardcore shit), and I just find this stuff incredibly cheesy. I love industrial music, I just never got into the whole cyberpunk/goth/dark rave scene.

Bands? You might also find Aggrotech interesting to listen to. Hocico, Suicide Commando, :wumpscut:, God Module and Combichrist spring to mind.

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
you ever try pandora radio.... u can build a playlist of what bands you wanna hear. They will add a few bands in there as well, an its random what you get, but for free its great. An only a few adds get spammed. But over all for being free they have great music.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hanzel Und Gretyl - Straight-forward industrial metal with a tongue-in-cheek nod towards the Nazi regime.

KMFDM - Seriously, you can't say you listen to industrial unless you know KMFDM.

Skinny Puppy - A bit difficult to get into at first because of their raw tones, but Skinny Puppy is a band I would consider to be the grandfather of modern industrial.

And One - A good mixture of synth-pop and darkwave with some (usually) hilarious vocals tossed onto the top.

Voltaire - Humorous string-based folkish kind of music that industrial kids think is awesome even when he's making fun of them to their face. It's important to like Voltaire.

Wolfsheim - A soft synth-pop extravaganza of awesome. Peter Heppner's voice makes me do things in my pants.

As Lukie mentioned, Wumpscut are great, too. There's a lot of *good* industrial music out there. Other bands like Razed in Black, Funkervogt, Covenant, Dr. Steel, and even Mindless Self Indulgence (I link them into "industrial" because of their ridiculous programming) are good examples to check out.

Oh. And Vyral. Because not like that's not blatant self-promotion. I am an industrial god, after all.

RobotRock

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I actually photographed Combichrist, Dismantled, Aesthetic Perfection, and Julien K a few days ago. Combichrist was insane!

Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah I don't really like this stuff, it isn't too bad. But I don't have a whole lot in common with Mr. Spikey Shoulder, I dont think he would like me if he seen me.

But I am an ambassador of happy hardcore.

I started listening to DJ Fritzy and East Clubbers.

Right now I like a lot of song by a guy named Paul Van Dyk, hes less hardcore but even more skilled and original.

I also plan on creating my own techno, rave, happy hardcore whatever you wanna call it music as soon as I get myself a the equipment.

RobotRock

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah I don't really like this stuff, it isn't too bad. But I don't have a whole lot in common with Mr. Spikey Shoulder, I dont think he would like me if he seen me.

But I am an ambassador of happy hardcore.

I started listening to DJ Fritzy and East Clubbers.

Right now I like a lot of song by a guy named Paul Van Dyk, hes less hardcore but even more skilled and original.

I also plan on creating my own techno, rave, happy hardcore whatever you wanna call it music as soon as I get myself a the equipment.
Paul Van Dyk isn't even close to being happy hardcore, trance all the way. He's been voted number 1 DJ in the world a couple of times. No happy hardcore DJ will ever come close to being as big as him.

Role
Diaper Lover
I said (vaguely) he isn't HHC. And yeah point being is that this gas mask wearing german freak isn't near as good as the guys I stated..

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Hmm... I'll have to check it out. But I'm on my iPod now... Later.
The only relatable genre I can think of right now is MIDI Grind/8-bit Grindcore. Sick stuff.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I said (vaguely) he isn't HHC. And yeah point being is that this gas mask wearing german freak isn't near as good as the guys I stated..
Impossible. If you're wearing a gas mask and you're German (even better if you're not really German, but just acting like it), you're probably pretty fucking cool, regardless of the music you're making.

That sentence had the most "you're"s in it ever.

Role
Private
Impossible. If you're wearing a gas mask and you're German (even better if you're not really German, but just acting like it), you're probably pretty fucking cool, regardless of the music you're making.

That sentence had the most "you're"s in it ever.
Generally when I see musicians in gas masks, I think they've just come from the hardcore gay sex club.

Status
Not open for further replies.