InControl - so many options! Lets discuss!

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
InControl Diapers - wow, so many choice, mega capacity, what's the real difference?
We've got:
Premium Night
Elite Hybrid
Original
Essential
Active Air

I can't figure out the real-world difference between these! (except the air I guess)
Are any of these discrete like the Tena Slip Maxi?
They all have 4000ml++ absorbency, so what's the point of going up from the essential?

Has anyone actually tried these? Multiple models perhaps? Lets discuss and compare!

Last edited:
Reactions: MetalDan86, Pino and Angelapinks

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I tried these a couple of years ago and was NOT impressed, at all. The worst aspect I recall was that they didn't wick AT ALL which of course led to me waking up miserably lying on cold, wet bedpads. I can't speak to any improvements they may have made but I'll never buy again, personally.

For what it's worth, I wear out of necessity and have found the "best bang for the buck" to be the Betterdry overnight and Abena L4 during the day. I did get a sample of the Betterdry "DAY" with my latest order but haven't tried it yet as I'll wait until I'm actually going to be away from home for a few hours to give it a solid "test drive". The only reason I'm even looking is because I've been hearing grumblings that maybe the Abena "comfort brief" (PE outer shell is all I'll wear) may be going cheap or there was a pretty bad batch released. Time will tell on that front. Thankfully I have several bags of these on hand that are the same as they've always been.

Angelapinks

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
LePew said:
InControl Diapers - wow, so many choice, mega capacity, what's the real difference?
We've got:
Premium Night
Elite Hybrid
Original
Essential
Active Air

I can't figure out the real-world difference between these! (except the air I guess)
Are any of these discrete like the Tena Slip Maxi?
They all have 4000ml++ absorbency, so what's the point of going up from the essential?

Has anyone actually tried these? Multiple models perhaps? Lets discuss and compare!
I tried the InControl Elite Hybrid and if I remember correctly the Large size was a bit big on me. I would normally wear a Lg. size Tranquility ATN . These are a very thristy diaper and there was no way I would use this to the max in an overnight situation so that is good but the cost for me was an issue as I would need to wear every night due to waking up every morning totally soaked. The InControl can certainly handle that but it seemed like a waste of this great diaper if I did not fill it. I have always loved Rearz / Incontrol products and the fact that I can pick up at the warehouse is a bonus to save on shipping charges.

LePew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Angelapinks said:
I tried the InControl Elite Hybrid and if I remember correctly the Large size was a bit big on me. I would normally wear a Lg. size Tranquility ATN . These are a very thristy diaper and there was no way I would use this to the max in an overnight situation so that is good but the cost for me was an issue as I would need to wear every night due to waking up every morning totally soaked. The InControl can certainly handle that but it seemed like a waste of this great diaper if I did not fill it. I have always loved Rearz / Incontrol products and the fact that I can pick up at the warehouse is a bonus to save on shipping charges.
Do you know what the 'hybrid' thing is all about? What makes it a 'hybrid'?

Reactions: BabyTweetyBird and Angelapinks

Angelapinks

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
LePew said:
I think it is about the amount of SAP for absorbancy but I can't swear to that.

LePew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
loadedpamperman said:
I tried these a couple of years ago and was NOT impressed, at all.
which one did you try?

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
LePew said:
Hybrid means hook and loop fastener with plastic backing.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen, BabyTweetyBird and 1 other person

BabyTweetyBird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
LePew said:
It's the plastic backing combined with a woven nylon landing strip for the velcro tabs and the woven nylon fabric combined with a plastic landing strip for the sticky adhesive fasteners.

In short there are 2 hybrid designs with the all the aforementioned features above.

Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen

BabyTweetyBird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
blaincorrous said:
or the inverse: sticky fastener with woven nylon backing.

The latter design requires a glossy plastic landing strip.

LePew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So how's the plastic backed Velcro fastener system? Is that actually worth it over the cheaper Essential model?

BabyTweetyBird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
blaincorrous said:
Hook 'n' loop tabs are made from velcro fabric requiring a special woven nylon frontal strip to fasten properly.

BabyTweetyBird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
LePew said:
So how's the plastic backed Velcro fastener system?
This system is actually woven nylon backed consisting of a frontal landing zone in which the hook 'n' loop easy-grip tabs are fastened.

LePew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
BabyTweetyBird said:
This system is actually woven nylon backed consisting of a frontal landing zone in which the hook 'n' loop easy-grip tabs are fastened.
and... how is it?

Fixie

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Tried the Incontrol Essentials. They are thick nappies with high absorbency. I like them better than the Betterdry L10 as they are softer and do not feel like a brick between the legs. The outer cover foil feels nice is is soft (feels almost like a retro version of the Pampers from the 80's) , they are very absorbent / never leaked over night and the markers that indicate where you should place the tapes are very useful. Only downside is that they are quite noisy. All in all a very good night time diaper.
However in Europe you only get them as being re-imported from the US and that makes them ridiculously expensive (two and a half time more expensive than in the US) compared to other brands.

I can see they are marketed as day time nappies on their site. That is interesting. For daytime I would find them much too noisy and too bulky to be discreet. Makes me wonder how thick then the night time versions are that they have.....

On a side note: For daytime in contrast I do like the Betterdry L7 a lot. It fits very well and does not have the bulkiness of the L10 version

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pino, BabyTweetyBird and LePew

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
@LePew The InControl Elite Hybrid is an excellent bedtime diaper. Its best feature is the hook and loop system, same as found on Tykables and some ABU diapers. They can be refastened multiple times without losing effectiveness, and do not move once placed. This allows a snug fit around the waist that remains snug. Excellent padding, somewhat noisy shell. I went through many cases, but moved on to other diapers, and not because of any issues with the diapers.

Reactions: LePew, MetalDan86, Pino and 1 other person

Eclectic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
The Incontrol Inspire Original and Inspire + are two different of my favorite diapers. For some strange reason, you can only find the Inspire + on Rearz and not Incontrol’s website. I haven’t tried the essential, but I think it’s a slightly less absorbent version of the Original. And, I think the Hybrid may be on par with the Inspire + in terms of absorbency, which is a little more than the Original.

These diapers are basically the white medical looking versions of the Rearz ABDL line. For example, the Hybrid = Barnyard.

I have a few bags of Crinklz that I really don’t like. In comparison, the Inspire Original is much more comfortable, doesn’t swell ridiculously up front, the plastic backing is softer (although louder) and the tapes are far better. With a booster, it can easily be used overnight. It is true that it doesn’t wick all that well, but that’s the case with almost all adult disposables. Lastly, the Original and Essential are not super expensive like some other brands and you can often get them on sale. I don’t work for Rearz/Incontrol, but I am a fan of their diapers and I’ve been wearing diapers for a very long time.

Reactions: AndyPandy, music4mike, LePew and 2 others

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
LePew said:
We've got:
Premium Night
Elite Hybrid
Original
Essential
Active Air
I am missing the "Select One Tape" or is that Rearz? I thought they were more medical style, because they are without prints.

I do like them and tried the Essential briefs, they are fine. I would not directly compare them to the TENA, i think they are a different level.
I could not figure out the differences between the Essentials and the Elite Hybrid myself.

The "Select One Tape" got me headaches at first, but now i like them very much, using them with a booster. It is easy to change the booster after one or two wettings, change the booster and use the diaper far longer, like the complete day, what makes them far less expensive for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: LePew and Angelapinks

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Fixie said:
Tried the Incontrol Essentials. They are thick nappies with high absorbency. I like them better than the Betterdry L10 as they are softer and do not feel like a brick between the legs. The outer cover foil feels nice is is soft (feels almost like a retro version of the Pampers from the 80's) , they are very absorbent / never leaked over night and the markers that indicate where you should place the tapes are very useful. Only downside is that they are quite noisy. All in all a very good night time diaper.
However in Europe you only get them as being re-imported from the US and that makes them ridiculously expensive (two and a half time more expensive than in the US) compared to other brands.

I can see they are marketed as day time nappies on their site. That is interesting. For daytime I would find them much too noisy and too bulky to be discreet. Makes me wonder how thick then the night time versions are that they have.....

On a side note: For daytime in contrast I do like the Betterdry L7 a lot. It fits very well and does not have the bulkiness of the L10 version

I could have written this myself, exactly my behavior and opinion!

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am a big fan of variety and so have tried all their diaper types. The problem is I should take notes on the pros and cons of each design. In control offers a three pack variety sample. That was how I introduced myself to in control.

Reactions: Angelapinks, LePew and MetalDan86

northdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Im a big fan of the InControl line. The original is my favourite for at night and around the house. I can put one on before bed and not change until long after breakfast most mornings. Like others have stated it’s essentially a Rearz diaper disguised as a medical diaper. So that means super soft padding, decent quality construction including a heavy duty landing zone and strong tapes.

I really like the essential as well, it’s not as aggressively thick as the original yet still maintains the other qualities I like from the Original, a very practical “premium” daytime diaper with one caveat… it is “lightly scented” which might mean different things to different people, as my partner and I actually find it to be quite strong, especially once the diaper is wet. This may or may not be an issue for you and I suspect it probably works well to mask other odours.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: AndyPandy, Angelapinks and LePew