Incontrol Active Air Diapers -> lets talk about these

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Okay, so incontrol diapers are made really well, the materials that they use are all high quality, the shell is thick plastic, the inner padding is super soft and just a delight. I just want to get that out of the way - it IS a premium product through and through.

But lets talk about these Active Air diapers - https://incontroldiapers.com/incontrol-active-air-incontinence-briefs/
They're super thin and practically all SAP. They're so thin, flexible, and comfortable when dry - I love it. But there's a problem....

Problem is actually using them as a diaper. They get so cold and clammy when used. Like, the padding feels wet, cold, and clammy. After the 2nd wetting, they're wet, like the padding feels wet and cold. It's just like waking up in a cold wet pee bed, why would anyone want to be stuck in this thing? I love wearing it but after the second wetting, I just want out, it's like anxiety-inducing discomfort like I've wearing a pee-bed. Literally feels just like that.

This diaper can hold A LOT of pee but I want nothing to do with it after like 500ml of usage. Can some other people chime in on this with their experiences?

Reactions: Edgewater

GeminiAstronaut

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I’ve definitely had the same experience. After doing some quick google “research”, it’s supposedly “condensation”. Due the cloth backed disposables being breathable, they let water vapour through. Well whatever it is, it makes my pants feel damp. I don’t get this level of dampness from other cloth backed brands (prevail, perfit, Tena). Funny enough though, it seems as though it only lasts for a little while. I wore one (with a booster) last night (through the night). It was damp after the first and second wetting and I was able to sleep in it. Continued wearing and wetting this morning and didn’t get the dampness this morning.
I agree that these are otherwise a good product. I love that they are pretty thirsty while being very quiet. Unfortunately I bought a case for Boxing Day and have two bags left to go through. I was looking for something with a little more discretion to wear in public and the price was on point, $2/pc. Next time I’ll just order the essentials.

Reactions: Edgewater, Billybatts and LePew

Billybatts

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve noticed this exact same thing with other cloth backed diapers. Not sure why, but I thought I was the only one 😂

Reactions: Edgewater

rothpirate

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Any diaper cover will solve this problem

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have also tried the Incontrol Active Air and found the same thing. I was looking for something more comfortable to use during work, something I could just forget about and use without worry. These seemed like they would be great so I ordered some. At first I thought they were pretty comfy but then I noticed the outside starts to get damp after a while. Unlike my plastic backed diapers which stay warm with my body heat, these start to get cold on the outside. I know you can put a cover over them. I have some waterproof covers but I just don't find them comfortable. The whole point of trying these diapers was to find something comfortable without too much added bulk.

They have a plastic liner but I assume it must have small pinholes in it for ventilation. I have heard people having the same complaints with other cloth backed diapers. Why couldn't they just make a diaper with breathable sides but a proper waterproof core? First when I started trying diapers I bought some Goodnites. Those are basically a baby diaper disguised with a cloth outer and stretchy sides instead of tapes. The absorbent part is completely waterproof. You can actually peel off the outside fabric and have a plastic backed diaper if you wish. I don't know why they haven't made any adult diapers like this yet. I would rather have breathable sides and a core that doesn't breathe. I personally don't find diapers too warm or sweaty if you use powder with them.

I recently ordered some Tena Slip Active Ultima diapers after they were recommended to me by @LePew . Hopefully they will be much better for daytime use.

Reactions: MegaMaxx

sbmccue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
A cover isn't really an option where discretion is paramount, and I ordered my case because the Active Air is nothing if not discrete.

Like all cloth-backed diapers, you also have "tab creep," where the diaper feels looser and looser as time goes by.

I would agree that the Essentials are probably the better buy, but I was hoping the Air would work for summertime wear. At the moment, I'm still wearing a cloth pocket diaper or an AIO; come warmer temperatures, those won't be viable options.

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
sbmccue said:
A cover isn't really an option where discretion is paramount, and I ordered my case because the Active Air is nothing if not discrete.

Like all cloth-backed diapers, you also have "tab creep," where the diaper feels looser and looser as time goes by.

I would agree that the Essentials are probably the better buy, but I was hoping the Air would work for summertime wear. At the moment, I'm still wearing a cloth pocket diaper or an AIO; come warmer temperatures, those won't be viable options.
Yeah I was trying to get by with just a diaper under jeans and maybe underwear over them for discretion. I find if I have too many extra layers or an extra thick diaper, the added bulk gets uncomfortable under jeans and I start to chafe. I personally don't like hook and loop tabs. It seems like the lower ones are always slipping and popping off on me. I prefer plastic backed with tapes.