Incontinence question regarding sleeping

I can't relate to this specifically, but I have noticed that sometimes my wetting will be affected by posture changes for no apparent reason.

For me it's often the same. I think it's as slomo explain - if you put pressure on the bladder it might spasm. In my case I have a damage of some nerves in the bladder, what causes that I mention the urge to late - and if the bladder is full and urge sets in I have not that much time to react bevor it spasm. Over the daytime I have my techniques to cope with it but over the night there is no way to control this. In many cases I wake up - but when I move to fast or do some bad moves my bladder spasm an I loose most of it's content. Unfortunately in the last time it get worse again and meanwhile I sleep diapered again because the accidents are to often. I used nearly a year bed pads because I had only two or three accidents in a week. Meanwhile happens nearly ever night again and it's easer to use diapers.

I usually wet my diaper while sleeping, but even if I'm dry in the morning (which is really rare), I always wet again the second I wake up. Not actually get out of bed, but simply become somewhat awake (I have a really hard time waking up in the morning). I haven't done this in a while, but I've also crawled out of bed in the early morning hours (3 or 4 am) and changed my diaper because I would wake and find it so soaked that I knew if I waited till I normally get up, it would leak.

Have been doing a lot of the ole "wake up, immediately wet" thing lately. My dog often wakes me about 1am or so to go outside, and this act of wakingnoften results in one of those, or triggers when i get up out of bed.

Have been waking in the morning to rather soaked night nappies and leaks into my PUL/plastic pants lately too.

I've seen discarded mattresses ready for the trash, some of them are downright nasty, it's like what the hell happened in that bed? Thanks to my plastic mattress cover, my mattress is as clean as it was the day I bought it.

Last edited:
Spaz said:
I usually wet my diaper while sleeping, but even if I'm dry in the morning (which is really rare), I always wet again the second I wake up. Not actually get out of bed, but simply become somewhat awake (I have a really hard time waking up in the morning). I haven't done this in a while, but I've also crawled out of bed in the early morning hours (3 or 4 am) and changed my diaper because I would wake and find it so soaked that I knew if I waited till I normally get up, it would leak.

When I'm on the upswing of wearing pullups, this is me too. I, unlike you, am usually dry (albeit a bit damp) in the mornings, but the second I am awake, the urine starts to flow. It's strange, but I like to think of it as: when I'm awake, I can choose not to go to the bathroom and use my pull up instead, but when I'm asleep, my brain chooses when to go and it doesn't want to go in the bed.

That being said - as I said in my intro - I sometimes will wear pull ups 24/7 for weeks at a time -- it does make it harder to get to the bathroom on time, and I am a little damp in the mornings.

Due to my incontinence, I frequently wet in my sleep and occasionally mess in my sleep. For this reason, I have to wear a good overnight diaper to bed every night.

Back