Incontinence just stopped

Troy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have been incontinent 24 /7 for a number of years now, starting when I was 32 and steadily getting worse up until this last few weeks. I have only wet myself a couple of times during the day and now I only wear a pull up if I'm going to town for any length of time. And I'm not wetting the bed as much, it was every night but now I'm not as wet and often dry when I wake up. Only in the last month or two I was expecting to have to move to tape on nappies during the day sometime in the next year or so. Has this happened to others here? I'm really hoping that I am coming right for some unknown reason 🤞. I still have to watch what I eat as I have been close to messing myself on two occasions but so long as I watch what I eat I should be ok. I'm trying not to get too excited incase it's not permanent.
I must say it's taken a little while to get used to not having a pull up on and sleeping without a nappy is going to be really different if I get there as I haven't slept without one in probably over 20 years.

• Wow
Reactions: Hemix and Angelapinks

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
It's hard to comment on this development without any history/background about your condition. It's definitely a positive development, so congrats on that.

But the question of the hour is "Why?". For an over night change, was there a change in meds? A change in sleeping patterns? Sometimes deep sleep has been attributed to bed wetting.

Reactions: Pino and Angelapinks

Angelapinks

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Troy said:
I have been incontinent 24 /7 for a number of years now, starting when I was 32 and steadily getting worse up until this last few weeks. I have only wet myself a couple of times during the day and now I only wear a pull up if I'm going to town for any length of time. And I'm not wetting the bed as much, it was every night but now I'm not as wet and often dry when I wake up. Only in the last month or two I was expecting to have to move to tape on nappies during the day sometime in the next year or so. Has this happened to others here? I'm really hoping that I am coming right for some unknown reason 🤞. I still have to watch what I eat as I have been close to messing myself on two occasions but so long as I watch what I eat I should be ok. I'm trying not to get too excited incase it's not permanent.
I must say it's taken a little while to get used to not having a pull up on and sleeping without a nappy is going to be really different if I get there as I haven't slept without one in probably over 20 years.
Wish I knew your secret or whatever happened to cause this. Has your diet changed or your stress level dropped, or any other major change in your life ?

Lukas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I'd definitely reach out to your urologist just in case. It could be good news that things are improving but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck

Reactions: Angelapinks

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
One thing came to my mind, of course i do not know anything about your diagnosis, it is common (read it) that incontinence (for example) in patients with diabetes may change over time, starting with OAB to OAB wet to retention, to overflow.

So maybe you should get your residential urine checked.

Reactions: mickdl

Babybear2006

Brandon p
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My problems are with bedwetting, I'll go for several weeks to months where I have a soaked diaper in the morning then I'll be dry or just damp for a while and just sleep in pullups. There have been a few times in my life that I went completely dry at night and went without any type of diapers and just wore underwear to bed. I also have problems with dribbling or post void dribbling in the daytime and either use pads or pullups. The dry nights are nice until I wake up in a puddle and have to change sheets and clothes and then I'll wear a diaper the rest of the night. But I do keep the plastic sheet on my bed.

Reactions: medfet878 and Deleted member 67340

LinkDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
great, I'm glad your incontinence is ending, if you keep improving you can finally say goodbye to diapers.

Last edited:

Troy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
slimjiminy said:
It's hard to comment on this development without any history/background about your condition. It's definitely a positive development, so congrats on that.

But the question of the hour is "Why?". For an over night change, was there a change in meds? A change in sleeping patterns? Sometimes deep sleep has been attributed to bed wetting.
I wish I knew why this has happened to I would be letting everyone with Incontinence know.
I have never been given a diagnosis, I went through a lot of testing but the doctor's found nothing. My father also had the same problem but when he latter developed diabetes it was attributed to that.
As for stress levels mine have been through the roof, in the last few years I have lost my income more than once had to sell my house,got back up then covid came along and destroyed my business again , my wife and I split after 34 years and we are having to sell our new property.
But what has also happened and might have something to do with the sudden change is that I have been trying to get back to the bush and back to trapping but with everything collapsing around me I have kept putting it of. But in the last few weeks I decided I could not afford mentally to keep waiting for things to happen that are out of my control and made the decision to go bush.
The bush has always been where I am happiest.
I can live off next to nothing now I am single again.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Troy said:
I wish I knew why this has happened to I would be letting everyone with Incontinence know.
The bush has always been where I am happiest.
I can live off next to nothing now I am single again.
That has often been a pipe dream for me in my idle moments. However, as you get older, need doctors and meds etc., the concept of living in the bush independently just fades away. Enjoy it while you can!

Reactions: Pino and Angelapinks

Troy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
slimjiminy said:
That has often been a pipe dream for me in my idle moments. However, as you get older, need doctors and meds etc., the concept of living in the bush independently just fades away. Enjoy it while you can!
Thanks. One reason I decided I had to go back is I'm 56 and it I don't do it now it's going to get harder. Hopefully I can get my fitness and health back up and get back my interest in life again. The only thing that has kept me going this year is my first grandchild of 9 months. I will be making sure I come back out to see her every few weeks.
She lifts my spirits every time I see her 🥰

Reactions: slimjiminy

mickdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi Troy,

I would definitly go to a doc who can check your bladder with ultrasound and see if there is a larger amount of residual urine. As Pino allready mentioned this can be also the starting of a week bladder muscle. If this is the case, it could come to a harn retention later. In such a case you should be prepared to do ISC if you don‘t like to endup in the ER…

Reactions: medfet878 and Pino

medfet878

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I have a incomplete SCI meaning a spinal cord injury well multiple ones in my cervical spine ie my neck . With one really bad spot at the c3 c4 level.

These are caused by spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease and arthritis in my spine.

I have hardware in my neck from c3 to ç7 meaning that area of my spine is fused together with said hardware.

I've had 2 cervical spine surgeries since 2015 .

Since 2016/17 I started to get the same symptoms I had pre 2015 with pain and numbness in my arms and hands.

As time went on things started to escalate, and my insurance is the blame for it due to their politics, we won't get into that here as it's a story of it's own.

I had to find a new Neuro surgeon which took a better part of 3 years to do again due to insurance politics.

It's now august of 2020 finally got in to see a neuro surgeon but COVID was going on though.
An MRI was ordered so was physical therapy which was an epic fail and made things worse .

At this point in time my arms were barely useable and numb to and including my fingers. I had intermittent issues with my legs too. And I was in excruciating pain.

At times I had some scary spells of being temporarily paralyzed from the neck down. It's not fun to be walking one second and then drop to the floor and not able to move arms or legs and not able to feel anything. Or laying in bed and have it happen.

That's a heavily reduced back story.

Now back in 2017 I started having issues with not being able to pee and or empty my bladder all the way.

I then started to ISC, then dealt with not only the retention but bouts of my bladder deciding to randomly either slowly leak or open the floodgates wide open. I started to wear diapers to catch the leaks and ISC.

Wearing diapers went from a safety net to having to wear 24/7 as the retention of pee went to larger and larger leaks then finally to total bladder incontinence.

Let's go back to 2020 for a few minutes, so I had the second surgery scheduled for early mid October 2020. The morning of surgery I got a phone call from the surgery department saying that the hospital was full of COVID patients and my surgery needed to be postponed.

The rescheduling, postponing and cancelling went on until mid February of 2021 .

In the time from October to February I went from having intermittent issues with walking to not able to stand or even walk , I was put in a wheelchair.

I was finally able to get the surgery in early March of 21. The day after surgery the surgeon told me things were really bad when he got in my spine in comparison to the MRI. Bad to the point of the disc at the c3 c4 level nearly severed my spinal cord rendering me a quadrapalegic. But he was able to get the pressure off my spinal cord but not without it being left severely damaged.

I've came along way but no where near 100% and likely will never get there either. I can walk short distance and can only stand for short periods of a few minutes. I'm still in a wheelchair but this where I'll be going forward.

Oh yeah since I'm fused from c3 to ç7 this means more spinal issues can and will be in my life going forward, it's a matter of when and where and how soon they'll happen.

The first fusion was c4 to ç7 this put pressure on the c3 c4 level.

This time not only my bladder was shut down and still is but half of my diaphragm is nonfunctioning. I have breathing issues and had to be put on oxygen 24 7.

If y'all have not guessed it yes that one c3 c4 level caused me a whole lot more issues than the first 3 in 2015 did. The first 3 where right in a row.

Sorry I had to bounce around the time line but needed to as to explain things.

Thanks