Incontenence from wearing diapers...

EllieT97

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
About a week after I started wearing diapers, I decided to go a night without wearing one, and I ended up wetting my bed for the first time in well over a decade. Has anyone else had something similar happen to them?

Hello and welcome ~ I'm new as well. I've worn diapers occasionally for the last few years but I never managed to actually wet the bed while sleeping (except one time but I was drunk and that was probably the reason haha). I usually wake up during the night and do it while half asleep and go back to sleep after. I wish I could actually do that though, might sound weird but it would be something I'd like. Were you fully asleep ? :eek:

for just one week it's virtually impossible to blame only on the diapers. Good chance there's some other medical issue underneath you're not yet aware of and needs investigating.
Other than that, if there really is none, it is only a matter of getting back into the habit of holding,

Reactions: trysexiea
It depends on if you were wetting your diapers at it might be that you became relaxed enough to wet your bed but all you have to do is either keep wearing your diapers or stop for a few days and you will probably be fine

Low thruth level...

More than likely there's another issue going on that might have caused that if you've only been wearing for a week. All sorts of things can cause bedwetting including stress. You said you've wet the bed before so it's not too outlandish if this was just a random fluke. Accidents happen.

I've been wearing on and off for 12 years now and have never had a bedwetting accident personally. A close call once, but I woke up before anything happened.

Last post is just something I have read about before and I can't say anything for sure because I do wear diapers to bed every night now but also I do know that I started to wear diapers because I was wetting the bed and it did help but I also started wetting more frequently than before I started wearing my diapers on a regular basis

Agreed wearing diapers for only a short time can not cause incontinence, you should talk to you doctor and get a referal to an urologist to get checked out. Incontinence issues are caused by different medical issues some minor and some life threatening and can get worse over time (can even be a really short period of time) so its best to get a head of the issue and see your doctor.

I think I might have been having a dream where I was using the toilet. I woke up in the middle of the wetting and managed to stop before it got too bad.

LittleRedPanda said:
Hello and welcome ~ I'm new as well. I've worn diapers occasionally for the last few years but I never managed to actually wet the bed while sleeping (except one time but I was drunk and that was probably the reason haha). I usually wake up during the night and do it while half asleep and go back to sleep after. I wish I could actually do that though, might sound weird but it would be something I'd like. Were you fully asleep ? :eek:
I was fully asleep. I think in REM, actually. I still woke up pretty quickly, though, considering I managed to stop myself and keep from the wetting getting too bad.

It’s true as everyone else has mentioned, wearing for that short of a time (and honestly wearing at all - some have gone years without any effect) won’t cause bed wetting. It’s almost certainly caused by something unrelated.

If you have a history of bed wetting though, there’s a high probability it will return, and possibly manifest in daytime wetting as well.

It probably would happen but not as quick as you described. From what I read, it took years for people to lose any fraction of control. I would think the bed wetting is caused by something unrelated.

I'm of the opinion that wearing diapers doesn't cause incontinence, then again, I've not worn diapers for prolong periods of time.

I have had dreams where I would be little wetting myself (going to the toilet with all the accompanied feeling), and nothing has actually happened, that includes times when I was in diapers, so yer, if you're finding that you're wetting yourself at night, and it continues, it may be cause to consult a medical professional.

It would almost have to be something else. I've been pretty much 24/7 for about a decade, and I don't usually wet the bed. There was a period this past summer that I did every 3 or 4 nights, but that passed. It's happened once since September.

Back