In-diapers-only incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
This might just be with me, but I'll start off by saying that I'm not traditionally incontinent. (Well, I do have a type of overflow incontinence, but that's beside the point. Not what I mean.) I can feel fully when I need to go. But now, because I have worn diapers so long and become accustomed to them, I can't really feel the urge to urinate when I am wearing diapers, it just goes. I'm not scared or anything, but I made this thread to ask if this is true with anyone else, as well. Is it common to become so accustomed to diapers that you are, in essence, incontinent when wearing them and normal when you are not, or is it just me? Is this harmful? Any response is appreciated.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't understand, you said you "can" feel when you need to go, but then you said you "can't"...Anyways, from reading the various "wearing diapers 24/7 to become incontinent myths", I remember it saying eventually you get to a point where you don't even realize you're wetting...so, maybe it is true?

As for me, I'm still very aware when I'm wetting, but sometimes I get suprised at night time.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You are most likely feeling very relaxed while wearing and you don't need to think about going as hard as you used to. It's just like when anyone wears for 24/7 for even 3 days, they think they don't have as much control as they did before they started but it's really just your body and mind tricking you into thinking that. Since your getting used to going whenever you need to.

It should never really affect you physically.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I don't understand, you said you "can" feel when you need to go, but then you said you "can't"...Anyways, from reading the various "wearing diapers 24/7 to become incontinent myths", I remember it saying eventually you get to a point where you don't even realize you're wetting...so, maybe it is true?

As for me, I'm still very aware when I'm wetting, but sometimes I get suprised at night time.
I can feel 100% fine when I'm not diapered. When I'm diapered I'm very relaxed and hardly feel it. Make any more sense?

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
It should never really affect you physically.
Well, unluss you're not holding it at all, ever. Because at least your bladder capacity would go down dramatically from never holding it to expand the capacity.

I can feel 100% fine when I'm not diapered. When I'm diapered I'm very relaxed and hardly feel it. Make any more sense?
Yes, but that definitely seems like a mind trick to me. IMO, you probably just are really used to wetting your diapers, and maybe even associate peeing with wearing a diaper, instead of the toilet (I think somewhere said that was a "diaper training" method).

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well, unluss you're not holding it at all, ever. Because at least your bladder capacity would go down dramatically from never holding it to expand the capacity.
The problem with that is your body will naturally hold it in at night. Bed wetting could and/or would prevent that but that's a real medical condition.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I think you still feel it, but your brain just signals "go" to your bladder and immediately erases the fact that you've given that command from your memory. It's a bit of what happens to me when I wear diapers to bed - I wake up, pee, go back to sleep and just delete that event from my memory. In the morning, I wake up wet and can't remember using my diaper.

Peachy

dirtbike4x4

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This might just be with me, but I'll start off by saying that I'm not traditionally incontinent. (Well, I do have a type of overflow incontinence, but that's beside the point. Not what I mean.) I can feel fully when I need to go. But now, because I have worn diapers so long and become accustomed to them, I can't really feel the urge to urinate when I am wearing diapers, it just goes. I'm not scared or anything, but I made this thread to ask if this is true with anyone else, as well. Is it common to become so accustomed to diapers that you are, in essence, incontinent when wearing them and normal when you are not, or is it just me? Is this harmful? Any response is appreciated.
I'll vouch for this one cause it happens to me too. Let me see if I can explain it a little better. when not diapered, I have full control, I can feel when I'm getting fully and can continue to hold it even a long time after that. HOWEVER, if I have been in diapers for a couple hours, I still feel the pee in my bladder, but at the first sign of any filling, I pretty much void automatially. I'm fully able to stop if I wanted, but if not, i pretty much void automatically at the first sign of pee in my bladder.

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
The problem with that is your body will naturally hold it in at night. Bed wetting could and/or would prevent that but that's a real medical condition.
True. Though I've heard some stories of people who "taught" themselves nighttime urge incontinence or got that from using them right away, even in bed. And not everyone sleeps through the night without taking a pee, and won't always hold it. Even when everything was really fine as an older kid, I did still have to get up if I had to pee.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
The body's natural tendency is not to urinate immediately. Even babies won't pee if they're in a stressful situation. That being said, it requires a signal from the brain to actually release the sphincter responsible for urination. And as we know, humans are fully capable of being trained.

Acknowledging that you're in diapers may be the only cue necessary to lose control. If you're so used to wetting in diapers without feeling guilt or panic or any sort of negative emotion (especially if coupled with a positive emotion), you will be accustomed to it, even to the point of complete lack of control...but only if you continue to encourage that behavior. If you find yourself going without so much as a signal, and you start to get nervous because of it, the problem will right itself and you'll get those warning signs back, because your body does everything it can to avoid an uncomfortable situation.

Now, the training goes on at an unconscious level, guided by conscious decisions. The subconscious is irrational and makes false generalizations sometimes. If you wear 24/7 for a long, long time, and become diaper-incontinent as a result, there is a possibility of actually becoming incontinent because you aren't in the habit of holding it in at all (to use the toilet.) In such a case, "immediate wetting" is the lesson you're teaching yourself even though you wanted "immediate wetting when in diapers." To ensure that you get the intended result, make sure that you make that distinction in your mind by wearing underwear and using the toilet now and then.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It sounds psychological. I know this isn't exactly what you are describing, but my bladder has been conditioned by the act of entering a restroom. Every time I approach a urinal I feel like I'm about to pop.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
my bladder has been conditioned by the act of entering a restroom. Every time I approach a urinal I feel like I'm about to pop.
Somone should affix a urinal to the outside of the building, or in any other room, just so you don't have to experience the sensation of nearly exploding.
But then, I know a similar feeling when I come home and feel a significant urge to pee. Once I enter the bathroom, it suddenly gets so strong that nearly can't get my pants off in time :eek:

Peachy

LostInMyHead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
I spent quite a bit of time doing exercises with my PC muscle (not sure exact name but its the muscle in your bum that controls whether or not your bladder door is open or closed...its also close to your prostate) anyways....through excerising that muscle I've gotten really good control at keeping it open or closing it....I've been wearing nearly 24/7 for the past several weeks and have been working on keeping that muscle open or keeping my bladder door open all the time......because I've activly been keeping it open...after about a week or so of doing that I had to NOT wear my diapers because of some family holiday stuff....and I found that I had difficulty closing my bladder door muscle and had to race to the bathroom as to not have an accident. I've found that I trickle a bit because I've been keeping that PC muscle open/relaxed so much that its not closing as well as it used to.....I had two or three days that I had to NOT wear my diapers....and by late in the 2nd day everything was working fine again.....but then it took me a few days to get back to being able to use the diapers without too much effort.

I have a bunch of the hypno files and I've found three that really effectivly help me wet my diapers. I've been practicing almost every night and I'm at the point where when I'm in my diapers and in bed....I'm not sure if I went pee or not....I have to feel around to see if I wet the diapers because the relaxation sensation is so strong you're just not sure...

Its very cool....takes a lot of deliberate practice.....but cool none the less....I think I may be able to un-potty train myself using these methods....

medically speaking....if you stop using a muscle or muscle group....eventually it won't be as strong or work quite as well....then eventually it won't work and you'll have to retrain it......I think you can do that with your bladder muscle.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yeah that's true, but there is a limit to it. I think it's much less than most people realize. Most of the training in mental imho. People who say they're learned to be incon, really have just trained their minds to be. And since this is such a low level and automatic mental function, it doesn't change very fast. So if you get used to wetting in a certain context (eg. everywhere, in diapers, in the bathroom), it will take time to unlearn that.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
:bunny: I've gotten to the point when I'm wearing my diapers what ever i need to do just happens without thinking about it. The biggest problem is now when i don't have a diaper on and am not paying close attention to what my bladder is telling me and I forget, at times have wet my pants. :bunny:

Roy1

Contributor
Role
Other
I usually wear diapers at night. I do get used to wearing diapers and when I get up or even after I just put one on I often just start going. I could stop if I really concentrated on it. It is kind of like when you are there at the toilet, the urge just takes over.

I haven't had an accident without a diaper before, though I will admit there have been times where I thought I might.

Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, the more you wear and the more you get used to relaxing your bladder, its just like muscle memory for anything else I suppose. When I'm wearing a diaper, I wouldn't say I'm incontinent, but I pee just about every few minutes in very small amounts.

I wore for 2 weeks straight not long ago, and very nearly started having accidents without them.

It's just like training anything else, heh.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I know I have an issue where if I need to go...and I dont...then when I finally do find a bathroom and pee...a few mins later i have to pee again..and theres no stopping the second time..so yeah..i have had a few full on accidents

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
i don't know if wearing can cause it bt i think if you had a week bladder and your young and have to wear them you just (highly unlikly)might. as for me i don't know how but when i'm in a diaper i can't even try to hold it. i feel it but nothing else. my mide lately has been playing tricks on itself and i will wet my pants some.

Status
Not open for further replies.