abdilly

Salt and Light, Diapers and Wipes
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I tried to search to see if this had been touched on before - and I didn't see anything so I figured I'd throw this out there.

I used to be a skinny guy for years - I was a bit of a late bloomer. So size medium adult diapers fit well - and had plenty of room. Now, in my mid 30's, a dad, and desk jockey I'm not as small as I used to be. Now medium diapers are smaller than they used to be - seemingly overnight. Obviously, this varies from diaper to diaper. Northshore Supreme mediums: the tapes are barely making it there and the rise feels low. Northshore MegaMax: Perfect fit and rise.

I've been trying a lot of samples as of late to survey the IC diapers out there - and it seems most are getting tight. So where I used to swim in a large - now it seems like a better choice if I need to split the difference. I guess it's all the more cathartic seeing as I've been in mediums for 20 years.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Larger diapers seem to fit me just fine - just have a little extra padding in the front and back .

Most oversize diapers I ever used where bariatric ... the minim size was 30 inches larger than my waist . I cut off all the extra fabric on the wings, and it actually fit very nicely ... with the exception of extra padding. They never leaked ;)

Reactions: abdilly
I've worn medium in just about every diaper I've tried, going all the way back to 90s Attends, and I have not noticed size changes. MegaMax sizing is different, though. Check out 3. Overall Sizing :

I’ve pretty much always been in that awkward inbetween sizes range. Though the larges are fitting better lately and I can’t blame that on the diapers getting smaller lol

I’ve always had a hard time finding the “right fit”, a lot of mediums were not too bad but on the tight side, and a lot of the larges were just wayyyy too big

I used to daily bambino’s mediums for at least 4 years, but then they started being a bit snug, and their larges were just wayyy too big, Abu at the time was very similar, yet a horrible product lol

I found the medium dry24/7, the originals at that time, to be the perfect fit. Although not much for eye candy. I’d rather have a plain white, great diaper that fits perfect than a diaper that looks good but doesn’t work for me

I went with the 24/7 as my regulars for a little over a year till the distributor up here disappeared. I went back to bambino’s for a bit, then to Abu after they started getting better. Been with Abu as my daily’s ever since. The fit still isn’t 100% for me, but it’s not bad and the product and pricing is pretty good for what’s available here

Im in-between sizes myself, I have tried a few brands that offered a size regular and those fit perfectly, (seni I believe) I didn't care to much for the cloth like outer cover, XP medical also offered a in-house size reg, those were ok but for the price it just wasn't worth it compared to other premium diapers on the market.
My stats - 6ft 1" waist 34 - 35" proportional body type, here are the sizes that fit me well.
Abu peekaboo / simple ultra - size large, abu barebums size large, new abu dino - size large,
Bambino stretch - medium, dry 24/7 - medium, northshore mega max - medium, tykables overnights - large, tykables new dino print and galactic - medium.

ykdprdave said:
I’ve pretty much always been in that awkward inbetween sizes range. Though the larges are fitting better lately and I can’t blame that on the diapers getting smaller lol

😅 I totally get this. It's not just diapers, my pants size has increased. Most of it is due to me filling out after years of being a rail. But it's still a strange transition. I suppose it's true of ageing in general.

Im a 250 pound 6 ft tall guy, but have 36 waist, due to my legs being large i cant wear mediums and large fit odd in the rest of the places, go halfway up my back

I'm just like you between size medium and large now. Tried a lot of things over the years. Here's what I've found that work for me:

• ComfyDry 24/7, M
  • Northshore Megamax, M
  • ABU Peekabu/Simple Ultra, L
  • ABU Dinorawrz/Bunnyhops, L
  • ABU Barebums, L
  • MyDiaper Night, L
  • Seni super plus/quatro, Size Regular
Good Luck!

Reactions: pampers4U
abdilly said:
Has anyone else experienced this?

Different brands size differently. Its not like buying shoes where size 10 is size 10 across the board. You can get a bit of a clue on if a diaper is going to be "larger" or "smaller" than you'd expect its size category to be by comparing the size range (like fits waist 25-34) with the other brand you are looking at If the other brand says its medium fits 28-36, you know its going to fit a bit larger than the one you're used to.
I'm size Large in most diapers, but have to go with XL for a few brands like Kiddo and Bunny because the Larges don't fit comfortably. (usually problems with the lower tapes not making it to the tape panel, but occasionally with the length of the diaper just being too short for my taste)

Back