Not open for further replies.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
I don't know who this is also true for, but... it is more of an adult baby topic then anything.
That topic is the importance of these activities in your life.
I have noticed that it is becoming increasingly important that I get a little bit of "Little Corri" time. It doesn't have many ill effects if I do not receive my time, but... without it I don't feel quite right for a period of time. I also notice that, a big issue I have is how "special" roll plays are meant to be.

I want certain things in a caretaker:
A: Be Protective,
B: Treat me, as a child when it is time to.
C: Reinforce Child like thoughts and behavior
D: Play childish games with me
E: Spoil me like a child (buy little toys... ice cream and what not)
F: They still need to be able to treat me as an adult when the time is right.
Basically, I want a parent... who I can turn on or off, when they are "off" they are a good friend. Ya know?

Are these feelings natural for an AB? Or am I just shallow and expect to much, or want to much out of all this?

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
They are less strict then my specifications.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
They are less strict then my specifications.

There's way more to it, but that's a basic jist of what I look for.

I want someone who see's past the body of a grown man... and sees a child... ya know?

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I don't think it's shallow at all. Role playing is certainly a rather intimate experience and requires trust. So aside from the things you expect as a baby in a role play session (A-E), I do find the ability to be a responsible adult/teen when needed to be part of the game.
Just keep in mind that it's not easy for the "parent" to develop that switch where you can turn him/her on and off at your discretion. The 'parent' is human too, after all, and maybe you should make some conscessions to allow the 'parent' to adjust to the different role of an AB-parent and a friend/adult.

But then, who said finding a good trustworthy carer is easier than finding a good significant other?! :(

Peachy

PostTenebrasLux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I want certain things in a caretaker:
A: Be Protective,
B: Treat me, as a child when it is time to.
C: Reinforce Child like thoughts and behavior
D: Play childish games with me
E: Spoil me like a child (buy little toys... ice cream and what not)
F: They still need to be able to treat me as an adult when the time is right.
Basically, I want a parent... who I can turn on or off, when they are "off" they are a good friend. Ya know?

Corri_aka_Drew: I'm glad you posted this. I was kind of wondering what sorts of idealized others people on this forum might have.

Your set of behavioral criteria are similar to mine, though I think mine are not as specific (and specific's just fine).

I would merge B and C together into one criterion. They're all kind of variations on a theme for me. I think Criterion A would be true of me too, but divided in half. It's not as critical for me.

D, childish games, isn't something I would really look for, but might be fun if the situation should arise.

E, being spoiled, is certainly not something I want from my idealized other. Ok, spoiled with attention, yeah--I do want that pretty badly. No toys/treats necessary.

Finally, F is critical to me. I'm not 100% anything, except Man. Although I'm so AB/DL I fail at romance, I'm also part adult.

Gosh...spring is starting, and now you've got me stuck on 'idealized other'. Time for a cold shower and strong coffee--I can't afford to be distracted by this.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
Gosh...spring is starting, and now you've got me stuck on 'idealized other'. Time for a cold shower and strong coffee--I can't afford to be distracted by this.

Masturbation can cure that :thumbsup:

Donnie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
Hey Corri, do I qualify?

F

Falkio

Forgive me guys but I still don't fully understand the "caretaker" aspect of infantilism. It isn't something I have explored yet. In my oppinion, these things are a major part of ABism. It isn't too much to ask for if the other participant feels comfortable with it. Having a caretaker who will treat you as an adult, and in a babyish way, sounds normal for "one of us". I know I would certainly enjoy that!

Babyfur or human - either way - being treated like a child could be fun. I am embarrased to admit this, but being babied is on my list. If you ever get to that point Corri, just make sure its someone you trust. Games, toys, cartoons, all sound fun with the right person.

So no, its not selfish. Just part of the TB/AB kink. *winks*

B

baby kiffer

Corri_aka_Drew: I'm glad you posted this. I was kind of wondering what sorts of idealized others people on this forum might have.

Your set of behavioral criteria are similar to mine, though I think mine are not as specific (and specific's just fine).

I would merge B and C together into one criterion. They're all kind of variations on a theme for me. I think Criterion A would be true of me too, but divided in half. It's not as critical for me.

D, childish games, isn't something I would really look for, but might be fun if the situation should arise.

E, being spoiled, is certainly not something I want from my idealized other. Ok, spoiled with attention, yeah--I do want that pretty badly. No toys/treats necessary.

Finally, F is critical to me. I'm not 100% anything, except Man. Although I'm so AB/DL I fail at romance, I'm also part adult.

If you are referring to infantilism as being more a distraction than a help, I would have to agree with you.

Lately, I've been avoiding diapers and pacifiers like the plague.
There are so many other things in my life which are more important, and I know from experience that choosing to regress puts myself into a bad place.

For me, it is difficult to resume my adult responsiblities/attitude when I regress because I change personalities. Therefore, I avoid anything which promotes regression during these times of high stress.

Oh...and to answer the question, Corri.

I suppose I could say that the activities I use in infantilism are as important as they need to be. I would love to drink from a bottle, wear a diaper, fingerpaint, and do many other fun things--however, I can't do more than I am willing to handle.

For now, the most I am willing to handle is wearing a diaper and/or making illustrations/drawings of the infantilism world.

Skeeter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think that these types of thoughts and fantasies are fine as long as a balance can be maintained that you are happy with.

I have fantasies of an ideal partner for DL play in my head, and my wife is far from that partner. The thing is, I realize that what's in my head is fantasy. I love my wife more than anyone, and for her to become my idealized DL partner she would be a different person. So I'm content to keep my fantasies to myself (unless she asks about them).

I'm not saying that you can never find your ideal AB partner. I'm saying that, if you want a relationship that consists of more than the AB play, you'll have to live with unfulfilled fantasies.

I liken being a DL to drug addiction (I realize they aren't the same, but it's similar). Drug addicts are always looking for the ultimate high (their fantasy). For most of them, the world does not exist outside of that goal. In trying to acheive "the ultimate high" they lose touch with the reality of society. Some addicts hit bottom and rehabilitate, some don't.

You should always seek to find the balance between being AB and being "normal". If you are unhappy about your life or relationships, take a hard look at yourself and try to realize the true cause. It is not always easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.