Bug Report IMGUR links no longer being accepted as valid IMG urls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Not sure if this was intended in some way, but I've run into a bug where Imgur image direct url's no longer seem to be accepted as offsite profile image links. I tend to like to link my avatars through there because even when I get the image within 150px by 150px and the file size limit I still tend to find it goes through some compression that uglifies it to someone who is picky about these things.

I am 100% sure I am putting in the correct URL, direct linking like I've been doing since I started interneting and starting foruming on ADISC. I have tested it with images well within both the image file size and the actual size of the image. I have tested PNG's, JPG's and GIF's. None of them seem to work.

http://i.imgur.com/t0B9t2r.gif

Such as this image. (Currently using it as an avatar through the ADISC upload.)

I've been experiencing this for a few weeks now, and just now realized I probably should report this. Sorry about that. I remember it not working with a Photobucket link but I haven't done enough testing to be sure about claiming they don't work either.

KatelynG

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Somebody also reported not being able to see the pictures in my Luvs review, and those were hosted on Imgur.

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Somebody also reported not being able to see the pictures in my Luvs review, and those were hosted on Imgur.

The LUVs images show up for me. I'm guessing the user was viewing them on HTTPs, as off-site images show up as links on HTTPs. (There's a reason for this, but I forget what it is.)

KatelynG

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
The LUVs images show up for me. I'm guessing the user was viewing them on HTTPs, as off-site images show up as links on HTTPs. (There's a reason for this, but I forget what it is.)

It's probably because you can't guarantee that the other site also supports https, so you'd have an unencrypted connection there.

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Not sure if this was intended in some way, but I've run into a bug where Imgur image direct url's no longer seem to be accepted as offsite profile image links. I tend to like to link my avatars through there because even when I get the image within 150px by 150px and the file size limit I still tend to find it goes through some compression that uglifies it to someone who is picky about these things.

I am 100% sure I am putting in the correct URL, direct linking like I've been doing since I started interneting and starting foruming on ADISC. I have tested it with images well within both the image file size and the actual size of the image. I have tested PNG's, JPG's and GIF's. None of them seem to work.

http://i.imgur.com/t0B9t2r.gif

Such as this image. (Currently using it as an avatar through the ADISC upload.)

I've been experiencing this for a few weeks now, and just now realized I probably should report this. Sorry about that. I remember it not working with a Photobucket link but I haven't done enough testing to be sure about claiming they don't work either.

Works here in a post if wrapped in IMG tags:

t0B9t2r.gif

It doesn't appear to work when wrapped in URL tags (as it is in your post).

I don't think the forum will translate picture links in URL tags properly, but maybe it did at one point.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Works here in a post if wrapped in IMG tags:

t0B9t2r.gif

It doesn't appear to work when wrapped in URL tags (as it is in your post).

I don't think the forum will translate picture links in URL tags properly, but maybe it did at one point.

I feel like the second post in this is adding some confusion to my original thread. Or perhaps I worded it confusingly.

It's when trying to use these links as a profile image/avatar offsite link that I'm experiencing a INVALID URL error that I did not before. I've not experienced any problems getting the image links to work in posts or blog posts with BBC code. I haven't experienced the same problem the second poster has.

IMPORTANT EDIT:.. and now I'm not for some reason. Why when I experience this bug for weeks does it work on the very day I finally report the bug? Perhaps I'm not waiting long enough after uploading the image to imgur before trying to link back. Anyway it seems my problem has been solved. Sorry for bugging.

Kenn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Bugging about debugging a phantom bug? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.