I'm not sure if it's IC I'm dealing with, but can anyone relate?

hubert

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've had terrible stomach issues all my life and several doctors over the course of decades have been unable to give me answers. Basically I have alternating constipation and diarrhea along with TONS of gas all the time. It's often very uncomfortable and embarrassing in public social scenarios.

As it relates to IC, I'm a DL and I realized that when I'm wearing, I can just let out anything that needs to come out as soon as I feel the slightest urge. It's nearly always just gas anyway so there's not a big mess that requires an immediate change. Being able to let it go immediately makes my stomach feel so much better than waiting until I can get to a bathroom. This makes me wonder, since holding it in to get to a bathroom is painful and sickening to me, is it a form of IC? Can anyone relate to being technically able to hold it in but feeling that it's extremely unhealthy to do so?

Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
hubert said:
I've had terrible stomach issues all my life and several doctors over the course of decades have been unable to give me answers. Basically I have alternating constipation and diarrhea along with TONS of gas all the time. It's often very uncomfortable and embarrassing in public social scenarios.

As it relates to IC, I'm a DL and I realized that when I'm wearing, I can just let out anything that needs to come out as soon as I feel the slightest urge. It's nearly always just gas anyway so there's not a big mess that requires an immediate change. Being able to let it go immediately makes my stomach feel so much better than waiting until I can get to a bathroom. This makes me wonder, since holding it in to get to a bathroom is painful and sickening to me, is it a form of IC? Can anyone relate to being technically able to hold it in but feeling that it's extremely unhealthy to do so?
This sounds exactly like my IBS.

Reactions: rennecfox, hubert and Diprs2
I would agree that sounds like my ibs.

Reactions: hubert and Diprs2
As someone who has had IBS all their life especially diagnosed with being lactose interloant.The IBS and gas related was from the milk.Now that I drink non dairy milk I don't have as much problems .But now I have ulcerative colitis with being 24/7 dual incontinent ughh oh well life goes on.

Reactions: Diprs2 and hubert
I really, really despise having a mess to clean up (or having one at all for that matter)... But I can relate to abdominal pain so bad that you really want to let go. It seems if you can't tolerate holding it in, that's the very definition of incontinence.

• Thinking
Reactions: Pino, Diprs2 and hubert
EcoIncon said:
I really, really despise having a mess to clean up (or having one at all for that matter)... But I can relate to abdominal pain so bad that you really want to let go. It seems if you can't tolerate holding it in, that's the very definition of incontinence.
That's exactly how I feel. It's not that I CAN'T hold it, it's just that the accompanying pain and sickness goes way beyond the normal discomfort of holding in a poop. I still hold it at places like work though because it's too embarrassing.

Reactions: Pino, OnePiece, Diprs2 and 1 other person
hubert said:

I experience much the same as you, so I can relate, but I don't know if I would call it IC. I have UIC and that's different,
because there's no choice in holding or not. Sometimes I don't even feel the leakage, sometimes there's a urge that's unstoppable.

I am lactose intolerant and before I got a diagnose and stopped milk consume, I had the same problem as you.
I still often get in trouble, because nearly all food here contains milk if it's not home-made, and the list of no-go foods are long.
Having an ice cream in the summer usually not an option (but there have started to pop up vegan alternatives lately).

If wearing a diaper can help you in any way, that's wonderful.
That terrible pain ruins your life and it's not healthy to try and hold it for long, it can possibly cause more bowel problems.

Reactions: hubert
Sounds very much like my IBS. Officially it is not incontinence in my case (until now), but i lost control some rare times.

Managing my IBS is key competence, timing and diet.

I have got Celiac, and MCAS.

Last edited:
Reactions: hubert
Back