Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajjjjjj

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hi,
I’m new to this Carer sort of thing.
My best friend Who is a little and I live a fair amount away from each other, I’m the only person she’s told and I’m helping her out with this. I feel like I need to be educated a bit on how to look after a little through a phone, would it be possible to have some help with this ???

Hey! Did she tell you so that you would have some involvement in that side of her life, or did she just want to let someone know? I can tell you if she just told you simply as a close friend, she just wants someone to support and verify her. It’s probably important to her that she can tell you and you still be her friend, and it’s possible that she might not even want to talk about her little side that often, but of course I don’t know how she feels. Otherwise, if she wants you to be there as a carer, first you have to decide if that’s what you want. That being said, if you want that it’s super easy cause all you have to do is talk to her about what she wants from you and try to adhere to that side of her as much as you want

She has asked me to help with this stuff and I’m trying to learn on what to do since I can’t really physically be there, and of course I want to help her as much as possible :)

I got you, in that case try just opening up that space for her. Like open up dialogue that allows her to speak how she would like, and do so in a way that matches her regression. That will take a lot of practice to learn how to do for her, but just ask her how her day is at a time she knows she can be in her little headspace. From there conversation should just play itself out. Then I’m not sure about the age she regresses to, but ask if she wants to roll play things like hide and seek and playing with stuffies, where she has the opportunity to play out however or as much as she feels. That should be a good start!

Reactions: Ajjjjjj
I hard being what we call a on line caregiver.

Maybe think of it as a child needed to call home every day.

I know for me havering regular text messages and phone calls is important for both Isaac and myself.

As you go you will get to know your Little really well and will know how they like to be cared for.

And they will get to k how you as well.

Reactions: NooNoo
I will keep that in mind Thank you so much !!!

( best to you and Isaac :) )

Gemini27 said:
I got you, in that case try just opening up that space for her. Like open up dialogue that allows her to speak how she would like, and do so in a way that matches her regression. That will take a lot of practice to learn how to do for her, but just ask her how her day is at a time she knows she can be in her little headspace. From there conversation should just play itself out. Then I’m not sure about the age she regresses to, but ask if she wants to roll play things like hide and seek and playing with stuffies, where she has the opportunity to play out however or as much as she feels. That should be a good start!
I will give it a try thank you so so much for all the help !!! :)

Reactions: Gemini27
Maybe you can do some impromptu checks on her from time to time. When you think she might be in little space. Ask if she’s wet, and how wet. Is the diaper sagging a lot? Or, is it still ok? Keep track of the condition of her diaper, and decided when a change is needed. Remind her, she needs to clean up really well, and use lots of baby oil and powder. Good luck!

Reactions: Ajjjjjj
The only thing I can think of is talk to her as if she was a baby or child. Although, when I'm with my best friend who knows I'm an AB, I bring a toy with me so I can play in the car while she drives, We talk as adults, but I'm in little space fading in and out, but most of the time, I'm little. It's GREAT she has a friend like you that excepts her for who she is and that she can be little around you when you talk.

Reactions: Ajjjjjj and siysiy
Luvshugs said:
Maybe you can do some impromptu checks on her from time to time. When you think she might be in little space. Ask if she’s wet, and how wet. Is the diaper sagging a lot? Or, is it still ok? Keep track of the condition of her diaper, and decided when a change is needed. Remind her, she needs to clean up really well, and use lots of baby oil and powder. Good luck!
I will thank you for the help !!!

Katie2fingers said:
The only thing I can think of is talk to her as if she was a baby or child. Although, when I'm with my best friend who knows I'm an AB, I bring a toy with me so I can play in the car while she drives, We talk as adults, but I'm in little space fading in and out, but most of the time, I'm little. It's GREAT she has a friend like you that excepts her for who she is and that she can be little around you when you talk.
Ahaha thank you so much !!!!!
I will give this all a try :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back