Im gonna see Rent! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I'm so excited! I'm gonna see Rent tonight. I've have really wanted to see this preformed live.

After Rent I gotta go see Avenue Q sometime in the near future.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I wouldn't mind going to see either of those. I've never gone to see a musical before, but I like alot of the songs from them....that and I would like to go see Phantom of the Opera :D

Lizzie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Omg I love RENT!! I've never seen the play but I have the movie and I've memorized like every like. I still cry everytime I watch it though lol

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I like Rent. As much as I don't want to admit it to my family, I do.

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Rent was amazing on stage! I loved the whole thing. I'm so glad I saw it.

And why do you have to keep quiet bout liking Sweeny Todd.

Lizzie

Est. Contributor
Role
Ok that's just dumb. Watching musicals does NOT mean your gay. I know plenty of straight guys that love alot of musicals!!

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
My parents find it too "gay"...
I've never seen Sweeney Todd, except for Tim Burton's version - which was gory and dark and as far away from 'gay' as you can get :p.

I hear the soundtrack to RENT often coming from my sister's room...plus her and my mom want me to go see Phantom with them when it plays next. I plan to object only minimally :rolleyes:

Lizzie

Est. Contributor
Role
Aw man Phantom Of The Opera is soooooo good!! I didn't think I would like it but my sister and two of my friends made me watch it and I love it!! It was the same way with RENT 'cept it was more of a bribe...

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Steve,

I'd love to hear more about the show experience! Where did you go see it?

I'm looking forward to the beginning of March. My mother and sister and I go every year up to New York to see several shows, and this year, we'll be seeing Jersey Boys and The Little Mermaid on Broadway. I have no doubt that it's going to be a blast of a time! Rent is something I've been wanting to see for a long time, but I haven't gotten a chance to yet!

Here's to musicals and shows!

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
i want to see rent!
i've only seen it when it was on tv, but it takes away from the stage presence. real theatre was never meant to be squeezed into a box...

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I went to see Rent in London - and it just didn't compare to the film, so I can't imagine it was anything like the real American stage show. All the actors were English, as was the set design. It was just a crappy English Rent ¬_¬

And I'm not even gonna start on how hard it was to get the damn soundtrack - nowhere in Britain sells it!

in summary - jealous! *huff*

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I went to see Rent in London - and it just didn't compare to the film, so I can't imagine it was anything like the real American stage show. All the actors were English, as was the set design. It was just a crappy English Rent ¬_¬

And I'm not even gonna start on how hard it was to get the damn soundtrack - nowhere in Britain sells it!

in summary - jealous! *huff*
Yeah, when my brother was studying in London he went to see a bunch of musicals and plays for one of his classes and his professor told him that American's just know how to do musicals better.

But I heard that they didn't do a bad job with Avenue Q in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.