I'm going to say what we've all been thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I just hate it when people come here with names like "wetdiaper12345689029385756". No originality at all. It's like they think we don't know what gets them off. It's a *b/dl themed website, guys. Use a name that doesn't sound like a youtube comment. What I find odd, is that most people with these names are actually very intelligent. I'd like it if there was a rule against retarded names, but that wouldn't be right.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I just hate it when people come here with names like "wetdiaper12345689029385756". No originality at all. It's like they think we don't know what gets them off. It's a *b/dl themed website, guys. Use a name that doesn't sound like a youtube comment. What I find odd, is that most people with these names are actually very intelligent. I'd like it if there was a rule against retarded names, but that wouldn't be right.
Ever since day 1 we've had users like that, and 90% of them just lurk. I do agree with you in that people need an actual username to be taken seriously in a community, but putting restrictions down on them will not fly, dood.

also, we haven't been thinking this, we've known it for years.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
For me *b/dl based name are too generic, you seen one, you seen them all. Come up with something original people.

BTW, I think it funny that thread is coming from someone who uses "diaperdude" as his first name on here lol

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, , Other
Do you have a problem with the *BDL-themed names, or just the seemingly meaningless names with numbers attached, such as mine? Mine is only what it is untill I can think of a better name for myself. I apologize if it does, indeed, bug you.

M

Mako

Numbers in a name doesn't bug me. But I gotta agree with the overly generic *b/dl themed names just feeling unoriginal and that they're trying too hard.

goodnites2002

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Maybe the user has a reason for their particular SN?? For example, mine is Goodnites2002. Goodnites are my favorite diaper (if you can call them that) and 2002 was the first time I joined a ABTBDL forum.

cation

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
Stuff used to bug me too. A few things at first and as I got older the list grew until I pretty much couldn't go through a day without so many things bugging me that I got really tired of it and quit.

I'm feeling much better now.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
You are never going to get rid of names like this. You might get some people who make a joke out of them or do something to make them original (or in my case unrecognisable) but they will always be there. People are allowed to express themselves and if they want to pick a name like that and all the stereotypes and connotations that come with it they can.

I know that there are some people who change their names to make them less obvious over time. I would say that you can definitely see the feeling those names have on this site filter through. The people who take these names and don't become lurkers seem to change them. Let people make their names, and let us make assumptions based on them.

We have fewer of these names then most of these sorts of sites - consider that for a moment.

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yeah, you go over to dltown or something like that and you find tons of names like that (says the guy with a diaper-related name...)

M

Matrix Blade

I agree with what you say Candyman. It gives people a bad start here.

BTW I think someone else did a rant on this same subject a few weeks ago (I think)

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
The only reason why they don't bother me is that I can picture someone who just found out what *B/DL's using a name like that. Even though I never used one myself, I can picture myself doing it back when I was 14 and I just found out that there were other people like me...I mean, I was just so excited about the whole thing that I didn't know what to do with myself, and I can see myself going crazy and overboard about it out of excitement.

Now, I know some of you are thinking "Even when I first found out I would never come up with a name like that"....but I think everyone's different.

However, if I have good reason to believe that it's some 30 or 40 year old guy who's using a name like that, I agree with what's been said...it strikes me as unoriginal and also kind of obsessive about the whole *B/DL scene.

B

Butterfly Mage

For me, unless the number also means something, the trailing digits is a scream of "I was too lazy to come up with something new!" (No offense to Teddy! Your's isn't [diaper] + [numbers])

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
It acts as a decent warning I think.

If messysissy325 turns out to be a bit of a creep then... well who's surprised? If the forum disallowed certain words, you'd just get creepy people with proper names, and you wouldn't get the 'heads-up'.

cation

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
It acts as a decent warning I think.

If messysissy325 turns out to be a bit of a creep then... well who's surprised? If the forum disallowed certain words, you'd just get creepy people with proper names, and ........
........ and then you'd really be surprised.

As far as a diaper related name acting as a decent warning, I'm wondering how many of us have had a diaper related name at some time. Unless someone has a name like diaperperv I wouldn't suspect them anymore than I'd suspect anyone else. When I see a diaper name all I suspect is that the user chose that name to sound diaperish and nothing more. The name doesn't matter to me because I know anyone I meet online could be someone I wouldn't want in mine or my friends lives.

Actions speak louder than words.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I had diaper related names before but at one point I saw how stupid it was. After that I switched names.

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
People with names like that used to bug me, but not as much now. People should be free to express themselves through nicknames/avatars/etc, even if it means, to us, a generic *b/dl name. If we put a word filter, that'd just be a bit unfair, right? Censorship is a problem, ya know. That would count as censorship, right...?

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
My SN does fit in this category, but it has become my online alias for virtually all my online activities. It may sound generic, but it is a nickname I once had amongst some normal friends of mine. I enjoyed the sound of it. The number portion of my name changes every once in awhile, to reflect my personal growth in other areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.