I'm Building a Paradise, Who's Coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
You heard me right. I, Happy Lurker, am building a paradise. At the moment it is only in the planning stages, but hopefully it'll kick off with the support of some of you fine folks. Anyone is allowed to come, and there is no registration process (unless you currently live in Toronto, in which case you will have to be evaluated).

I am hoping to buy a private tropical island somewhere. Hopefully there will be no buildings on it. If there are they will be promptly demolished. If you don't like heat or malaria, than you probably aren't fit to live in my paradise.

You're also not fit to live in my paradise if you hate other people. This paradise will be built on friendship and community. As a result, there will be no single leader. Instead, everyone in the community will have a part in decisions. Wealth will be shared with everyone, not hoarded. We share everything: bannanas, mangos, lobster, shelter, water, ect. If you're neighbour needs something, then you are to give him/help him get/teach him how to get whatever he needs.

The island will be completely cut off from the outside world. We will soon be forgotten.

Music and art will be prominent in our culture. You won't be able to walk down the street without hearing some kind of refreshing tune.

If you wish to come, you are responsible for buying your own plane ticket, but once you get down here money will have no meaning.

At first there will be no electricity, no shelter. I'm sorry, but at first we will just have to spend our nights laying in white, coral sand looking up at the untouched stars and bright moon as a tropical breeze blows softly past. I recomend bringing a tent if such things disgust you.

Perhaps after the first year I'll have designed a battery that can power our refrigerators where we shall keep a plethora of smooth, tropical fruit drinks.

There will be lots of clean, pristine rivers full of fresh water running down from the mountain in the center of the island. There will also be tons of fruit trees whose plump, juicy fruits we can feast on untill we have the technology to build fishing lines and lobster cages.

Only Buddhism will be practised, as I know many of you are atheists and very high-strung, so I feel a bit of non-divine meditation could do you well. Group meditations will be held every morning in my hut.

Clothing will be optional. You will not be judged based on appearence. Besides, I bet a bit of tan is all you need to look good.

Turtles will be the national pet.

Cocounts will be the national currency. And I have decreed that they shall be shared equally.

Limbo tournaments will be held frequently and spontaniously.

All volleyballs will have faces painted on them in order to be legal.

Cannabalism will not be tolerated, I don't care how sick of tropical fruit you are.

The people living on my paradise island will be required, by law, to be the most laid-back and chilaxed people in the world. Under penalty of being tickled.

The first month everyone is down there will be a national holiday. You will be required to lay around on the white sand beaches in the shade of palm trees as the clear, turquoise ocean softly laps up onto shore. I'm sorry, but you have to.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Thanks for your support! I can see you're obviously excited to begin your life anew in paradise.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
No clothing?
Meditation?
Malaria?

Count me in! :D

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
All volleyballs will have faces painted on them in order to be legal.
......and named "Wilson"? Couldn't help it, Happy Lurker. That line made me think of Tom Hanks in "Castaway".:biggrin:

Please say there will also be no cars, only pedal operated vehicles.:)

~Pramrider

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
......and named "Wilson"? Couldn't help it, Happy Lurker. That line made me think of Tom Hanks in "Castaway".:biggrin:

Please say there will also be no cars, only pedal operated vehicles.:)

~Pramrider
There will be no cars due to there being no roads. We won't have any need for vehicles as we will all be living in the same area. If you want to bring some sort of foreign "pedal-operated" meens of transport, then by all means do so!

There will also be no gasoline. Plus, motorvehicles are loud, annoying, and pollute the air.

Role
Private
You're also not fit to live in my paradise if you hate other people. This paradise will be built on friendship and community. As a result, there will be no single leader. Instead, everyone in the community will have a part in decisions. Wealth will be shared with everyone, not hoarded. We share everything: bannanas, mangos, lobster, shelter, water, ect. If you're neighbour needs something, then you are to give him/help him get/teach him how to get whatever he needs.
Damn Commies!

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Will we get free intranet? If so, count me in!

F

FullMetal

If on this island we can have what you are currently taking, count me in!

FullMetal

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Will we get free intranet? If so, count me in!
Internet is going to be tricky, as we wont have electricity for the first little while.

But, if some of you are tech savvy enough, I'm sure we can figure out some sort of coconut server room thing. If all else fails we may have to use... Dial-Up.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
I'M IN!!! i love camping so much. and sleeping under the stars in a quiet forgoten island paradice just makes me tingle inside. i'll run away if i have to. can i bring my bunny?

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
hmmmm.... I don't mean to be a party pooper but I can't survive without technology. Much less could I eat a fish or a tropical fruit. I also get bad sun burn... Count me in!

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I'M IN!!! i love camping so much. and sleeping under the stars in a quiet forgoten island paradice just makes me tingle inside. i'll run away if i have to. can i bring my bunny?
Yes, all pets are allowed. Since the island we will be living on will be abundent in food, I'm almost certain that we will never become desperate enough to have to eat our pets.

hmmmm.... I don't mean to be a party pooper but I can't survive without technology. Much less could I eat a fish or a tropical fruit. I also get bad sun burn... Count me in!
I'm glad you're being adventurous. If you live long enough without technology than you will get used to not having it around. Once you get it back, you may very well get annoyed by its presence. Think about how much television we watch everyday, how much time we spend on the computer. It sucks up hours, and hours of our time. Not to mention commuting back and forth from places (school, work, home). It wastes so much time! If we focused more on things like just relaxing, we'd be much happier.

I'd like to take this moment to thank you all for your continued support. It's nice to see we have some people around here that would be willing to help me build my paradise.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Internet is going to be tricky, as we wont have electricity for the first little while.

But, if some of you are tech savvy enough, I'm sure we can figure out some sort of coconut server room thing. If all else fails we may have to use... Dial-Up.
so much for my wireless router idea...:damnpc:

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I know you are joking but still theres one little thing . "Instead, everyone in the community will have a part in decisions."

If that was true then YOU can not impose rules and You can not be a leader since you said you wouldn't have that and thats exactly what your doing even before you start. Sorry but your plan failed already.

I love the idea of everyone just getting along but it will never work and has never worked even in fiction (Bioshock,Lost, "The Beach" book and movie format).

Also if I lived there I would do nothing for myself, at all. the reason why, well why shouldI work when you give me a free pass. If anyone needed anything from me I would give it to them but then I would get that from somebody else anyways. I along with others will exploit your system just since we are able to. Not to be mean but to just be lazy.

Last edited:

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I know you are joking but still theres one little thing . "Instead, everyone in the community will have a part in decisions."

If that was true then YOU can not impose rules and You can not be a leader since you said you wouldn't have that and thats exactly what your doing even before you start. Sorry but your plan failed already.
These are merely the basis for our Paradise Island. If you noticed, they are quite easy-going rules that don't really solidify the laws of the island. These rules will be debated and agreed on by everyone once everyone arrives on the island. I will be as much of a leader in the political sense as everyone else.

I love the idea of everyone just getting along but it will never work and has never worked even in fiction .
Then I guess it's about time someone wrote a piece of fiction where it worked, eh?

(Bioshock,
... didn't work because the people there were neither laid-back nor free of technology. When you get technology, you get people vying for more technology to become the best. That's not a good thing, as we see in Bioshock.

Lost, "The Beach" book and movie format)
... didn't work because the people there were not there by choice. A plane crash/ship wreck can cause quite a lot of mental distress. Not to mention the constant polar bear attacks and demonic clouds. Plus all the damn questions those people must have!

Also if I lived there I would do nothing for myself, at all. the reason why, well why shouldI work when you give me a free pass. If anything needed anything from me I would give it to them but then I would get that from somebody else anyways. I along with others will exploit your system .
Thanks for telling me you aren't fit to live on Paradise Island. Here, you must be willing to help others, sometimes at the expense of yourself.

I regret to inform the citizen that his application to join the Paradise Island has been rejected on the grounds of pessimism, chaos theoryism, realism, and overall party pooperism.

However, I thank the citizen for informing me that he would be unfit for such a placement, and I encourage others to speak up if they are narcissistic, bitter people.

Communism may be flawed when applied in large populations, but on my Paradise Island it will be perfect because it is therein heretofore a paradise.

Last edited:

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I regret to inform the citizen that his application to join the Paradise Island has been rejected on the grounds "realism".

I HAD to laugh at that. I guess even you know it wouldn't work since you admitted that I was being realistic thus you admit it wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.