If you were to move to a new state, where would it be?

jasonm03 said:
Iā€™m in the state of joyful confusion as my daughter turns 18 tomorrow
The father of a teenaged lass? Rather you than me!
šŸ¤£

I would move back to pacific northwest. Washington to be specific. I lived in whatcom county for 4 years and loved it. You could walk to the ocean and the temperature rarely dropped below freezing.....and it turns out the ABU headquaters was in Everett WA about an hour away....but I moved back to upstate NY because my family is here.

TeddyBearCowboy said:
As far as Texas, what is it that draws you so much to stay there? There are cows, horses, wide-open spaces and lots of other things Texas has in other locations. I'm curious Toast, what draws you so much to a land that is overly hot and dry in most locations?
The Pride for Texas and my parents have 900 acers Ranch. Me and my dad built a landing strip out there for our planes. Also the hanger for our planes, guns, cars, bikes, trucks and some boats. Like if you wanna see a 1968 Dodge Charger Super Stock we have one out there on the ranch.

Last edited:
TexasToast11 said:
The Pride for Texas and my parents have 900 acers Ranch. Me and my dad built a landing strip out there for our planes. Also the hanger for our planes, guns, cars, bikes, trucks and some boats. Like if you wanna see a 1968 Dodge Charger Super Stock we have one out there on the ranch.
Oh wow... Yes, I understand. Sense of place and what makes us who we are. Doesn't always have to be the most glamorous or most amazing of places to be the best place for us.

Kind of like my favorite fishing spot. Not a place that most would seek out, but it is MY place. My sense of belonging and memories and past and present and future.

I get it.

Thanks TToast for sharing.

From personal experience, low humidity does my body a lot of good.
I would move to Arizona. When I was there, the 110 F+ days did not bother me at all.

Back