If you have tried the XL Goodnites, what do you think of them?

TD712

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Did they fit you perfectly? Were they absorbent for wetting/messing? (only if messing is your thing)

Place below what did you think of them if you have tried them

I just went and bought some and I like them. They fit me better than the l/xl. Obviously they will, especially since I’m bigger; 36”waist. But I doubled up on them and pretty much flooded them (had to go more than I realized). I didn’t completely let go and flood But just held my bladder back as much as possible so it could absorb. So far so good. First time I’ve been padded in 6 months too lol it feels sooo good 🤤🤤🤤

Reactions: Boltsboy86
I've been trying to find them but so far all I'm finding are the old l/xl or the l version. I have not found anyone carrying the xl version.

I wear goodnites every night. I picked up a case of the xl just to try. The old l/xl fit me really well but didn’t completely cover my butt crack. I like my diaper to be snug which the old ones were. The new xl fits me better overall but stretches out over a longer period of time and has a tendency to slide down even dry. I wear for IBS but I am also a DL so I don’t always wet but I’ve wet the new ones a few times and have yet to leak.

Reactions: 12srepaid
I've only tried the sample, and for the most part, I loved them. I did have an issue of them losing its elasticity while wearing it, but not a huge deal.

I do hope that's something that can be fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: skunk053
Im really not into pullups but I did by a small pack of the xl's a few weeks ago, they are ok, still a little small for me, waist fits great but my groin area is a little to big for the pullup and the length is a little low on me. I can see value in these for smaller adults, but for a 6ft tall man with a 34" waist the goodnights are still to small to be affective.

They're fun and an improvement over the older L/XL sizing. They certainly fit a bit better and I think, and this could be due to better fit, hold ever so slightly more or at least don't leak quite as easily as the old L/XL sizes. Their graphics and packaging are still pretty cute imo being specifically targeted at bedwetters, but that's always been the case. I still think the OG all white ones were bigger/fit even better though.

Overall though, while improved and convenient, they're mostly "meh", I'll stick with full tape on diapers. Even with the newer larger sizing, i'm still on the upper end of fitting, they do fit, but are on the smaller/tighter side and diapers will always be more effective and functional than pull-ups. I also think diapers are cuter and there's a much larger selection of good high quality diapers to choose from. I might get a pack of GN's every now and then when I'm in the mood, but I think once the 2 packs I have now run out, i don't see myself getting them regularly or that often.

But if you're on the smaller side, maybe 32" waist or less (32" might even be pushing it) and you only wet lightly or want something to wear more for comfort, then these might be perfect. For messing I really wouldn't trust them, but i don't mess in what I'm wearing so I can't really comment much on that 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: skunk053
They are not bad considering they are not designed for someone my size, they fit fairly well but you get the plumbers crack going on. That being said they are very comfy and unless you pee like a gallon at a time they can hold at least one wetting but I've never tried my luck with more than one because I won't know until pee is running down my legs. For those that were lucky enough to have worn or even tried once the pre 2004 xl goodnites the new xl is nowhere near that good but they are good enough to scratch the itch for when you just want to wear a goodnite. I think if they made them an inch or 2 taller for more coverage of the users behind in the back they would be much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLScottsman
They fit and are comfortable, but for overnight use I need to use the cotton trainer pants and some Gary Wear over the top of them.

I haven't tried them yet but you can bet I'm excited to! Who else is still waiting for the day Pampers make a size for up to 140lbs? lol

Reactions: Boltsboy86
pampers4U said:
Im really not into pullups but I did by a small pack of the xl's a few weeks ago, they are ok, still a little small for me, waist fits great but my groin area is a little to big for the pullup and the length is a little low on me. I can see value in these for smaller adults, but for a 6ft tall man with a 34" waist the goodnights are still to small to be affective.
Yup. 1000%. ☹️

Been to multiple Targets and Walmarts and they're all sold out, or don't even stock them. Amazon is even out right now. Looks like the demand is there!

Not a fan, sorry. Because they hold next to nothing and do not have tabs they don’t really feel like a diaper to me.
Whereas the old L/XL used to split apart after a while the new XLs don’t split but rather get very loose. Under a skirt they would fall down. Pants will hold them up. They also have the same lack of rise in the back, just like the older sizes. My pants waist is a 36.
However, to me, the girls versions are cute and they are discreet because they are quiet, have a low rise and are not very padded.
For me I view them as a stealth diaper substitute. If you want a little feel of being padded and can’t wear a full diaper, they can “tide you over”. If you like to wet though, be careful. All the discretion disappears when a wet spot appears.

Reactions: WillFord384
I’m wearing them nearly every day now. I bought some XL Fruit of the Loom boys underwear to wear over them and that immediately stopped the “sliding” problem. I’m 6’1, currently 155 lbs with a 33” waist and the rise is perfect. I go a little in them throughout the day with an occasional heavy burst of pee, but no leaks yet.

PullupKid said:
Been to multiple Targets and Walmarts and they're all sold out, or don't even stock them. Amazon is even out right now. Looks like the demand is there!
I don’t think that Target or Walmart has received their stock yet. I bought mine on Amazon as well as at Meijer.

12srepaid said:
I've only tried the sample, and for the most part, I loved them. I did have an issue of them losing its elasticity while wearing it, but not a huge deal.

I do hope that's something that can be fixed.
With the XL losing elasticity, did the new L end up working a little better without being too snug?

WanderingToddler said:
I've been trying to find them but so far all I'm finding are the old l/xl or the l version. I have not found anyone carrying the xl version
Have you tried the drugstores(Walgreens/Rite-Aid/CVS)? Been able to find two at my nearest Walgreens this morning.

osirisboi15 said:
I just went and bought some and I like them. They fit me better than the l/xl. Obviously they will, especially since I’m bigger; 36”waist. But I doubled up on them and pretty much flooded them (had to go more than I realized). I didn’t completely let go and flood But just held my bladder back as much as possible so it could absorb. So far so good. First time I’ve been padded in 6 months too lol it feels sooo good 🤤🤤🤤
1st time diapered in a half a year and you'd choose a goodnight? When I'm away and can't be padded for 3 months, I go crazy thinking about how nice it'll be to diaper myself up and if it's anything less than any 8 hour diaper, I'll do anything in my power to get some.

Reactions: WillFord384
Uzuki said:
I haven't tried them yet but you can bet I'm excited to! Who else is still waiting for the day Pampers make a size for up to 140lbs? lol
And to go back to their old PE design...💕

Back