If you have fecal incontinence is it ok to eat indian or thai food

Kodname87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Like curries for example? Will it make symptoms worse?

It depends on what causes your fecal IC, everyone is different. I love curry!

Reactions: KrankyPants and jag91
Precisley as DiaperDiva said, You don't list yourself as incontinet so a bit of astrange question to ask in the incontinence forum. But I know my triggers, very spicy foods will trigger my IBS which in turn will lead to faecal accidents. fortunately i only have an indian about once a year, but do to other spinal and diabetic problems I am becoming faecally IC again so have started a food diary again to identify any triggers that will make accidents more likely with or without the IBS being involved. A lot of people find that things like root vegatable like parsnips ccan cause IBS symptoms to flare badly. But what affects me, may not effect DiaperDive and vice versa.

Reactions: KrankyPants
I’m not even IC or fecal-IC and I still pay special attention to some of my foods. I love curries, but any curry that’s heavy on coconut milk, cream, or oil or has lots of raw onion tends to irritate me. I’ve had a few episodes that would have been disasterous if I wasn’t close to a bathroom. I can’t say if it will make the overall condition worse, but as long as you’re willing to put up with the consequences, it appears to be temporary, unless you’re going so spicy that anyone would react to it. Bless my poor wife. She uses to eat paint-strippingly spicy and now she can’t and misses it.

Every one is different a lot of spices cause me to have a bowel movement so I stay away but you may be just fine As they say roll the dice and try it at home if you have an issue then skip the food group.

i am only bladder IC so i wouldn't know but and yes i am trying to phrase this as nicely as i can think but I would avoid things with alot of spice ore is so greasy you can see oil bubbles because those can defiantly trigger issues to get worse

Last edited:
Im not ic so maybe my thoughts does not matter , however, Thai food is the best kind of food for me. A few years ago I spend a couple of weeks in Thailand and their food made my stomach turn into something I have never seen before. one bm at the same time every day and no pain/frustration at all

DiaperDiva said:
It depends on what causes your fecal IC, everyone is different. I love curry!
Ohhh curry, that must make an interesting smell!

• Angry
Reactions: Deleted member 47221
Yeah I'm not ic but really hot spicy food i
Can really fill the heat in my pee . Only pee my nappies so I think poo would be very uncomfortable held in a nappy

Back