If you could spend a day with Mr.Romney, what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
He wasnt born a multi-millionaire, he grew up in a middle-class family (before reading "No Promises" I didnt know that).
He was born in 1947. At the time, George Romney was a lobbyist for the automotive industry, and joined American Motors Company as an executive in 1948. In 1953, when Mitt would have been 8, the Romneys moved to an upper-class suburb of Detroit. By the next year, George Romney was the president and chairman of the board of American Motors Company. George Romney became Governor of the state of Michigan while Mitt Romney was in high school. Mitt paid for hist post-secondary education by selling stock given to him from his father.

On what planet is this "growing up in a middle-class family"? Every presidential-hopeful-authored book ever penned tries to spin the individual in question in the best, most resonating way possible. Mitt Romney did not, in fact, grow up middle class.

Last edited:
Role
Private
He was born in 1947. At the time, George Romney was a lobbyist for the automotive industry, and joined American Motors Company as an executive in 1948. In 1953, when Mitt would have been 8, the Romneys moved to an upper-class suburb of Detroit. By the next year, George Romney was the president and chairman of the board of American Motors Company. George Romney became Governor of the state of Michigan while Mitt Romney was in high school. Mitt paid for hist post-secondary education by selling stock given to him from his father.

On what planet is this "growing up in a middle-class family"? Every presidential-hopeful-authored book ever penned tries to spin the individual in question in the best, most resonating way possible. Mitt Romney did not, in fact, grow up middle class.
How about George Washington, Abe Lincoln, or Teddy Roosevelt? They werent necessarily like Vanderbilts.

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
How about George Washington, Abe Lincoln, or Teddy Roosevelt? They werent necessarily like Vanderbilts.
None of these people are Mitt Romney nor does this have any obvious relevance to him?

Also, George Washington was born into the colonial Virginia aristocracy, Abe Lincoln's dad was wealthy at his birth (though later lost it all during Abe's childhood), and Teddy Roosevelt was born into wealth with a dad who was a New York businessman. All of this can be found on Wikipedia within 5 minutes.

Very few people are like Vanderbilts - this is like saying very few people are Waltons. You don't have to be a Vanderbilt or a Walton to grow up upper class and benefit from advantages and connections of which middle or lower class individuals can only dream.

Role
Private
None of these people are Mitt Romney nor does this have any obvious relevance to him?

Also, George Washington was born into the colonial Virginia aristocracy, Abe Lincoln's dad was wealthy at his birth (though later lost it all during Abe's childhood), and Teddy Roosevelt was born into wealth with a dad who was a New York businessman. All of this can be found on Wikipedia within 5 minutes.

Very few people are like Vanderbilts - this is like saying very few people are Waltons. You don't have to be a Vanderbilt or a Walton to grow up upper class and benefit from advantages and connections of which middle or lower class individuals can only dream.
I was just using them as examples.

Geno

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
AEsahaettr said:
The usual question: my religion allows me to marry any consenting adult I wish to. Mr. Romney, what would you have done as President to protect my freedom to practice my religion?
BabyBalto said:
I'd ask him what he would do in case of energy resources. If he would start drilling oil up in Alaska. Or how about hte exact specifics in championing small businesses?
I'm not sure how that was relevant to AEsahaettr's comment. :tongueout:

I can respect our presidential candidates and possibly do another "beer summit" with one of them and ask questions. But to be perfectly honest he doesn't in a large way represent my interests, so it would be more of a "well, how does that help the American people overall?" type deal.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I was just using them as examples.
And they totally back fired upon you. I enjoy seeing your constant back pedaling after your proven wrong over and over. You really need to try and fact check rather then just listening to only one source and taking it for truth.

You said you admire Mitt Romney, but you seemingly know next to nothing about him.

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I really hate ignorants like this stupid republican. So probably I'll do a BDSM-DL sesion, just only for reason "the ignorance kills." Later some fotos, for remember and may put it public.

Last edited:
Role
Private
And they totally back fired upon you. I enjoy seeing your constant back pedaling after your proven wrong over and over. You really need to try and fact check rather then just listening to only one source and taking it for truth.

You said you admire Mitt Romney, but you seemingly know next to nothing about him.
Hes worked hard for what hes gotten.

Waffenschmidt

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I would take him on a walking tour of Anacostia (the side of DC y'all never see). Or, If I could take him anywhere in the world, I would take him to Somalia to show him what a religious-libertarian utopia is actually like in the real world. Or I'd take him Guerrilla trekking in the Great Lakes region in Africa. What ever the case, it would most certainly be a memorable experience for him.
Anacostia was exactly what I was thinking too. I interned at the Community Museum for 6 months. Truth be told though, I don't think I would spend a day with any bigshot politician even if I could...unless I was the Twilight Zone-like genie and could put Romney or any other politician through the ringer. :D

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What would I do with Mitt Romney?

Go to Disney World, of course.

Then I'd ask for tips on taking rich people's money.

M

Maxx

You've all missed the obvious. Work him for job leads and business connections.

Yes, getting some inside scoop on the Olympics, his dad, and maybe the campaign would be interesting, but throughout I'd be looking for information and/or help in improving my own situation.

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If I could spend the day with Mitt, what would I do?

I have already spent hours with him but never got a chance to talk business beyond the business at hand. So I would probably dig deeper on that side of his life.

- - - Updated - - -

You've all missed the obvious. Work him for job leads and business connections.

Yes, getting some inside scoop on the Olympics, his dad, and maybe the campaign would be interesting, but throughout I'd be looking for information and/or help in improving my own situation.
This really is the obvious, but I am not sure that I would be asking for job leads and business connections. Not that I would turn my nose up at such a possibility, but I also don't go around actively seeking some sort of advantage from the people I know.

I already pretty much have the snide scoop on the Olympics. I might ask for his personal take on the campaign and election, but that is about as far as I would dive into politics.

samsonboy14

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I would ask him for buisness advice. Mitt realy understands how to make things make money. Thats what we all try to do but most of us have a hourly paid job, and fill under paid at that. We want to take it out on the successfull buisness man, because we are jealiuos. I think Mitt is the type of guy who would help everyone become more successful if he could. Not by giving free hand outs, but by helping us help ourselves. Obama wants to keep us needing the government, then we will be addicted to his free hand outs and will in turn make him (king). i do not need more then I can provide for myself and family. There are people who need our help, and I would love to help everyone of them if i could. But there are so many looking for a free ride because they are lazy. They think obama is the answer for them.

KTL

The Luminary
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
[video=youtube;yTCRwi71_ns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTCRwi71_ns[/video]

Dance of course!

Nadia

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't know if I can answer twice but I would also ask him what exactly he believes in, because I am quite sure he doesn't even entirely know. :eek:

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't know if I can answer twice but I would also ask him what exactly he believes in, because I am quite sure he doesn't even entirely know. :eek:
Wouldn't this put you in the position of thinking that you know him better than he knows himself? I mean seriously, all of the rhetoric from his political opposition during the campaign was feeding the public misinformation about Romney, and I suspect the opposite was also true.

If you ever want to know about someone you don't go to strangers to find out, you absolutely do not go to opponents to find out. Rather you ask the person directly.

AEsahaettr

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer, Other
I would ask him for buisness advice. Mitt realy understands how to make things make money. Thats what we all try to do but most of us have a hourly paid job, and fill under paid at that. We want to take it out on the successfull buisness man, because we are jealiuos. I think Mitt is the type of guy who would help everyone become more successful if he could.
Perhaps, but Mitt wouldn't be able to help you/most of us. Taking a meager amount of money and turning it into a lot of money is almost nothing like turning a lot of money into an obscene amount of money. Romney is very good at the latter, helped by the fact that ethics have never been a priority. Doesn't mean he's good at the former. Which isn't to say he can't do the former. But there's no evidence that he'd be good at it or give you relevant advice.

Nadia

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Wouldn't this put you in the position of thinking that you know him better than he knows himself? I mean seriously, all of the rhetoric from his political opposition during the campaign was feeding the public misinformation about Romney, and I suspect the opposite was also true.

If you ever want to know about someone you don't go to strangers to find out, you absolutely do not go to opponents to find out. Rather you ask the person directly.
I get what you are saying but when I watched the debates, EVERY single one he would change his stance on issues, he was never consistent. I think that if you are going to run for president you had better know what you believe and be able to keep that instead of say what your audience wants you to say.

I also know that politicians lie about their opponent, but regardless Mitt Romney lost because of his own fault, I would have vote for him if I knew what I had been voting for, but he changed his side so much that I didn't want to vote for something like him. That being said, Romney is a smart man, but his strategy was not the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.