Not open for further replies.

Swift

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Well I was just thinking about this, if you could own an entire diaper company what would it be, why, and what direction would you take it in?

I would choose Kimberly-Clark and revamp all their products, Huggies would have plastic backing and range in sizes from newborn-10, Depends would become the highest quality diapers on the market, and I would probably change their name. Goodnights would be made a bit larger and overall better.

CaretakerSam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I would take whoever makes Pampers and make two big changes: make the leg shape more rounded like actual legs and change the covering from cloth to plastic. I'd also design a new brand for older children and maybe even teens. Basically larger sizes and more mature printing. Well, that or solid colors.

PamperedKari

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Well I was just thinking about this, if you could own an entire diaper company what would it be, why, and what direction would you take it in?

I would choose Kimberly-Clark and revamp all their products, Huggies would have plastic backing and range in sizes from newborn-10, Depends would become the highest quality diapers on the market, and I would probably change their name. Goodnights would be made a bit larger and overall better.

aahh *-* *drool* I want!

Poohbearboy

12 months
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I would take take Huggies and Pampers and make the Sizes from newborn through adult sizes with same design feel but plastic back maybe have older one have Harry potter or something for teens and Nascar or other adult thing for older people . but I would do special baby looking one for ABDL community with Winnie The Pooh or other baby design on them. however I would put on are company site to choice your own special design diaper print we would have for are customers.

Then i would make test group were we send out samples for people to test diapers to help use improve it would be like mailing list you could sign up and send you month supply to test and review what like and don't and you would send review paper back to us.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ah but once you own the company and live off the profits you will find your self focused on how to lower costs and sell to a wider market. Really nice diapers for the AB/DL market are not going to make you anywhere near the profits as underbidding Wal-Mart's current supplier with some cheep crap.

ScroogeMcDuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'd own Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget -> SCA -> Tena. I'd improve on the plastic, make them less skin irritating. Also make the plastic water proof! No more leaks! The inside barriers would be greatly improved and glued much better so they last. Finally, I would at least double the absorption and make them pee guzzlers!

banter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Is it pretty uncommon to have zero interest in baby/child diapers? I've never had any interest in them. I potty trained fairly early and had no interest in diapers until my early teens. The earliest thing I remember doing is looking at the incontinence section in the JC Penny catalog. Don't know if anyone else remembers but they used to sell adult diapers. They maybe still do but I haven't seen a JC Penny catalog in a decade. I wonder what brand they sold? I didn't even have a concept them even having a brand at that age. I think the first time I heard a brand name mentioned was Depends and that was much later, probably sometime in the early 00's.

As far as what I would change if I could? The companies that exist already cover all my wants/needs. I think the only thing I would like is more brands that made higher end adult diapers just for the variety. There's still some I want to try, the ATN, Bambino, ABU so there's still some variety out there for me to sample.

GoodJams1

Banned
Role
  1. Other
I'm sorry but I don't think that adding an AB/DL line of diapers, is a very good idea.

thickdiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What a good question!

I would definitely focus on high quality disposables, and maybe even a line of reusables for adults. I wouldnt want to take on a company like Kimberly Clark though. They serve the mass market well by providing something that is cheap and widely available. I would be looking at those people who want something much better. Pull ups for adults that have absorbent material all the way up the back and front (similar to kids pull ups), and have the same absorbency as an overnight diaper. I also wouldnt mind dabbling in something like earth friendly disposables for adults. Biodegradable plastic backed diapers that are made from corn starch, but are still thick enough and have all the features that a good diaper has. Oh, I would also have the research and development, as well as the factory in the US. Currently, it seems like most of the premium disposables are imported from other countries.

GoodJams1

Banned
Role
  1. Other
Oh I dunno, the company that makes Secure diapers seems to be doing just fine with their little ABDL side venture (Bambinos).

I really don't know how. Bambinos are rather expensive, and have a pretty small market.

banter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Because they're a varient on an existing product I would guess? The reason why they're expensive though is exactly what you said there last. It's a pretty small market. Low production numbers equal higher consumer cost.

Axiom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
No company that makes baby diapers would do well to enter the AB/DL market - it would seem horribly inappropriate to their main target demographic.

diaperboyds

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'd keep the cloth backed diapers but also make plastic backed ones. Increase the absorbency on stuff for bed-wetters. Create a line that specifically targets the TB/AB/DL and even baby-fur communities which would be available by online order only. I'd also offer the worlds thickest, fluffiest diapers with prints for those communities.

kwisy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
Whatever one was the most profitable.

I assume there would still be other companies out there that would make decent quality diapers more geared towards AB/DL and the surplus in profits could easily cover my padding expenses. =p

PamperedKari

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
i'd just make a whole bunch of varried pull-ups with indicators or not
moons and stars,peachs,cartoons,anime
in any size you'd want [mostly infant-teen]

ozfan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I'd probably sell my ownership and bail right away - I can't imagine they're the most profitable business to be in... :)

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I'd probably sell my ownership and bail right away - I can't imagine they're the most profitable business to be in... :)

Yyeee, I would too. Then I could spend the cash on food, or gravel.

Status
Not open for further replies.