If you could make a couple changes about ADISC, what would it be?

Joep

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I’ve been more active on the Daily Diapers forums lately, they seem more fun to me. I noticed there’s a wider variety of topics on DD compared to ADISC. So what changes would you make? I would opt in for an 18+ portion of the forum. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCaptain

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little,
I'd be for an 18+ section or at the very least I'm certainly not opposed to it. Technically every member here should be 18+ and there is the Mature Topics section, but I get what you mean.

All the changes I want are very unnecessary and minimum. An achievement system with trophies/badges would be pretty fun and cool and a dedicated mobile app would be nice (that's asking a lot though)

I guess more subcategories wouldn't hurt. Like how off-topic has computer-games and forum fun. There are a lot of talented artists and people who like art within the community so I think an art category would be nice to have to post in and browse.

Although the site has been around for awhile with not too many changes made recently (as far as I'm aware) so there are probably benefits to the way it is and its simplicity. "If it ain't broke then don't fix it". That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement and opportunities to make improvements should be ignored/not attempted however.

Musashi

Banned
Role
Private
Edit this label:
AB/DL IdentityEdit Value
Private

And probably disable guests.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve been more active on the Daily Diapers forums lately, they seem more fun to me. I noticed there’s a wider variety of topics on DD compared to ADISC. So what changes would you make? I would opt in for an 18+ portion of the forum. What do you think?

I would probably do the inverse of that honestly.
Nothing on a disc really ever appears 18+ unless it's content that hasn't been removed.

Scaramouche

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
It's all 18+ here due for legal reasons. It used to have younger members but Moo changed it in 2008, I believe.

I would opt for more mods. I see trolls/spammers go on for hours before they are stopped.

WoodlandWanderer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Nothing on a disc really ever appears 18+ unless it's content that hasn't been removed.
It's all 18+ here due for legal reasons. It used to have younger members but Moo changed it in 2008, I believe.
I would opt for more mods. I see trolls/spammers go on for hours before they are stopped.
The reason nothing is 18+ is because the ethos of the site was founded as a support community aimed toward teens. In fact, the second item in the rules is keep it PG13.

It was in late 2012 that Moo, with a very heavy heart, had to shut off the site to under 18s after legal advice. But in doing so, he vowed not to change what the site was just because of it. The hope is that while they couldn't join, teens could still find the site while searching for answers and feel it was a friendly place that might have some advice for them. Moo's post from that day says it best.

There are lots of fetish sites online where you have have more explict chats and go into the sexual side more. That's not what this site was designed to be and I doubt it ever will.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The problem with adult content on an AB/DL site is that often the discussion isn't adult, but just gross. I think Moo would like to avoid that. Because this site is more respectful to civility is why we tend to collect the more civil members who are into diapers and their usage. Their are other sites which allow members to expound on how poopy they and their diaper is. If one needs that conversation, they simply can go to those sites, no harm and no foul.

You can talk about other adult things on this site and I've not seen it stopped. There's a current thread where some guy is talking about sucking cock. I don't have a problem with it.

abdlexplorer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy, Little, Other
I'm a member both of ADISC and DD and the main differences I find are that yes DD is less restrictive about 18+ content, but I also find a LOT more immaturity, petty bickering, and just inappropriate content; even within the context of an 18+ ABDL forum.

DD borders on being an ABDL fetish site, and I have noticed distinctly less ability from their average user base to hold a mature conversation on more controversial topics. I also see much less emotional support and genuine advice on there than on here.

This is a more reserved forum that focuses more on support and understanding of the AB/DL lifestyles than the fetish side of it that seems to drive DD so much more.

That all being said, this site isn't perfect either.
- More moderators; or at least more active ones, would definitely be a plus.
- I actually wouldn't object to an 18+ forum myself, though I would have it restricted in much the same way as the EC forum, for a number reasons. This would be the ONLY place 18+ and restricted to limit the number of people who join just for access to it; they can go to DD for that.
- The "New Posts" and "Threads I posted in" lists seem to regularly glitch for me and not show content posted in the last 1-2 hours.

Overall though, I'm very happy with this site and it's community. I wouldn't want to change much around here!

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I agree with Dogboy.

Is the issue more about the not allowed inappropriate content, versus the focus on support.

IMO the tone of the site changed two years ago when the BM topic was allowed. IT may just be coincidental but that is also about the time the long time members started to drop off or quit posting. I know for me it is the point that I stopped detail reading threads. As soon as I see members "bragging" about where they Messed themselves I stop reading and move on.

As for the other suggestion I do agree that there needs to be moderators that have the time outside of Real Life to be on site to deal with things that come up.
In light of a conversation I have had with Moo, I know he is aware of the situation.

As for the question of awards and badges. Do the members commenting here use the Rep system?
So I would say it is more about members want the awards, but they do not want to go through the process of giving them out.

WoodlandWanderer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
IMO the tone of the site changed two years ago when the BM topic was allowed. IT may just be coincidental but that is also about the time the long time members started to drop off or quit posting. I know for me it is the point that I stopped detail reading threads. As soon as I see members "bragging" about where they Messed themselves I stop reading and move on.
[...]
As for the question of awards and badges. Do the members commenting here use the Rep system?
So I would say it is more about members want the awards, but they do not want to go through the process of giving them out.
I'd been under the impression that BM related discussions were always allowed, but the rule was nothing unnecessarily graphic. I guess that meant tips on clean up and all the associated stuff the IC people have to know - there wasn't any "just enjoyed a great poopy diaper!" kind of stuff.

I do find that sort of thing in poor taste for this site, but I really can't say I see much of it. One thread a day under new posts at most. I ignore it and move on; the frequency isn't enough to put me off.

Since I took a break for a few years it doesn't overall seem much different to how I remember it when I left. Possibly a little quieter, but I'm not certain on that. It does appear that less Rep is being handed out. I lost my TC and then DC status through inactivity, but the low numbers of DC and TCs I see around now suggests that the amount of rep still circulating is only enough to reach the top ranks for the very frequent posters. Off the top of my head, bambinod and dogboy are the only DCs I can recall seeing recently and Tiny is the only TC. Out of 56 members currently online as I write this, there's only one DC.
I helped administer the nominations and voting for the annual awards with Talula for several years. That was always good fun and I'm glad to see it's still been going.

I believe there is a large re-design of the back end of the site in the works, so it will be interesting to see what opportunities that provides.

KimbaWolfNagihiko

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I helped administer the nominations and voting for the annual awards with Talula for several years. That was always good fun and I'm glad to see it's still been going.
It was decided this was the final year for the awards due to low participation.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd been under the impression that BM related discussions were always allowed, but the rule was nothing unnecessarily graphic. I guess that meant tips on clean up and all the associated stuff the IC people have to know - there wasn't any "just enjoyed a great poopy diaper!" kind of stuff.

I do find that sort of thing in poor taste for this site, but I really can't say I see much of it. One thread a day under new posts at most. I ignore it and move on; the frequency isn't enough to put me off.

Since I took a break for a few years it doesn't overall seem much different to how I remember it when I left. Possibly a little quieter, but I'm not certain on that. It does appear that less Rep is being handed out. I lost my TC and then DC status through inactivity, but the low numbers of DC and TCs I see around now suggests that the amount of rep still circulating is only enough to reach the top ranks for the very frequent posters. Off the top of my head, bambinod and dogboy are the only DCs I can recall seeing recently and Tiny is the only TC. Out of 56 members currently online as I write this, there's only one DC.

I believe there is a large re-design of the back end of the site in the works, so it will be interesting to see what opportunities that provides.
I assume you are right about it being allowed, but it was the graphic discussions that started around the time I mentioned. My POV is that participation in support type threads and longtime members started to decline at that same time.

I know you and Talula did the awards 4 years ago. I talked to Talula and took it over for the last three years. The participation was so low that we had only three categories that had enough nominations for one member that we did not even do the elections. We used you original format and attempted to add things to it, but the participation went the same way as the Rep system.

But while I have a moment; thank you for coming back its the experience of the long time members that is the most beneficial to the support system.

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
-make it more mobile friendly. (Reputation, polls, advanced editing, etc currently don't work on mobile)

-add in a statement page for basic definitions of words/abbreviations officially adopted by adisc- or better yet adopted my dictionaries..... (Seriously, the confusion, misinformation, and misunderstandings around here are beyond annoying and set our community back 10 years)

-improve the reputation system and make it easier for everyone to use. (Why can't we have a simple thumbs up/down?).

LittleManAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
A system where members named “LittleManAlex” get free diapers for life. 😂😂😂

Scaramouche

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
It does appear that less Rep is being handed out. I lost my TC and then DC status through inactivity, but the low numbers of DC and TCs I see around now suggests that the amount of rep still circulating is only enough to reach the top ranks for the very frequent posters. Off the top of my head, bambinod and dogboy are the only DCs I can recall seeing recently and Tiny is the only TC. Out of 56 members currently online as I write this, there's only one DC.
Yes, it's definitely few and far between.

Welcome back!

Leio

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Other
I honestly second the idea of making the reputation system easier to use. Many people here probably have little knowledge on how the reputation system works and those that know probably don't use it very often as it is difficult to use.