If you could go back, would you choose to not start wearing diapers again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I got my first diapers when I was 17 and I thought then I would be able to stop if I wanted to. If I knew then once I start to wear them and keep on doing it, it will get harder and harder for me to quit without feeling any depression or distress or any strong urges to wear when I go without one for too long, I honestly would still wear them. But if I was married to a vanilla or was struggling to find balance with it or finding someone who accepts it, then I would wish I never started wearing them again and would probably answer yes to my own question. Like my mom says, I have an addictive personality.

CodyBaby

Preschooler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm dreaming all the time that I would choose to never ever use diapers if I could, but I know its a part of me that will never ever get out of my life, and anyone that would tell stories that they were diaper lover or adult babies and that they are now normal are lying, its not something we can control so it can't be stopped, its not like smoking, its something else a lot more far in ourselves, its a part of us we can't choose to shutdown like a computer.

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I guess if I was someone who willingly chose at some point to develop a 'thang' for diapers, I may consider wishing to change things. But since my wearing is the result of a deep compulsion that has always been there, I can't really respond. I suppose everyone had some reason or another for wrapping themselves up in a diaper at some point....I still don't know why I did, I just know that the idea has pretty much been there as long as I can remember.....I guess I'm just weird.

For me, diapers are mostly a transitional object to assist regression. I can find little space without them, they just serve as a helpful physical reminder of the psychological state I go in to when regressed....oh they do feel damn nice too, but that's not the main reason I wear them.

So would I, should I be able to, change things...... yeah probably I guess. It is hard work carrying a little one around with you all day everyday, and every night.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
No as it's a comfort thing

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yeah I don't see how a choice ever really comes up. I spent a long, long time before buying diapers, but I've been a DL since age 3 or 4. Even if I hadn't bought my first diapers since age 2 last year, it would have happened eventually. Even if I put off actually wearing, I'd still think about wearing diapers and using them and all the other things I fantasize about. I have felt that way my whole life and it's not something that can be turned off or ignored, regardless of whether the physical act is indulged.

SissyDLE

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I had a lot of fun last night. My little was out to play so I snuggled down to sleep diapered, in my onsie cuddling my teddy.

It hurts no one. Does no damage to me.

No, I only wish that I had acted on this sooner. I will not go back.

DLE.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I had a lot of fun last night. My little was out to play so I snuggled down to sleep diapered, in my onsie cuddling my teddy.

It hurts no one. Does no damage to me.

No, I only wish that I had acted on this sooner. I will not go back.

DLE.

So do I
I see your 2 years older than me :)

EagleScout

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
Normally I would ask, ArchieRoni, how it is possible to be a DL at age 3 or 4, but I have to say that is when I guess I first recall being a DL as well. To answer the original question first, I couldn't imagine life without them, one I am a bedwetter and two, to comfy. I recall at age 4, 5 at the latest, having my brothers best friend over with his little brother, who is 2 or 3 years younger than me (my brother and me being less than a year apart), and stealing his diapers when no one was looking. Mind you they were baby diapers and it peaked my interest to wear them. Thinking back it really intrigues me because I was a bedwetter back then and wore Goodnites to bed. I even recall a close call with wearing the baby diaper. One night I thought of wearing one of my collected baby diapers to bed instead of a Goodnite. Well something told me nah wear the Goodnite. Well when I was done getting ready for bed I went to say night to my mom and dad. My dad asked me if I put m Goodnite on, which he did just about every night, and then he did something unexpected... check to make sure I was actually wearing one... Which he never did!!

Astatine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well, I guess, for me it was something that has always been there. I didn't have any concept of fetishism, but still it was there. Since I joined adisc, all sorts of memories pop up that I completely forgot about, but I did a lot of experimenting when I was a kid/youth. There were many moments, that now, looking back, seem to be so typical for an ABDL growing up, but it didn't make any sense until I got access to the internet and discovered what's what. There might have been some instances that jumpstarted the whole thing, but until now I'm still not quite sure about the chronological order. So, I didn't really choose to become an ABDL and actually wearing diapers was only the last step, the cherry on the cream topping, so to speak.

cgh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
My little side has brought me significantly more happiness than sadness. I can say without any hesitation that I wouldn't want to go back and prevent myself from exploring this part of me.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I'm dreaming all the time that I would choose to never ever use diapers if I could, but I know its a part of me that will never ever get out of my life, and anyone that would tell stories that they were diaper lover or adult babies and that they are now normal are lying, its not something we can control so it can't be stopped, its not like smoking, its something else a lot more far in ourselves, its a part of us we can't choose to shutdown like a computer.

I've liked diapers since I was nine but I did fine not wearing them for the first couple years of my life and in my teens.. But when I started to wear them, I couldn't stop so if I knew then if I started to wear them, I would get addicted because I wouldn't be able to stop wearing them, would I still do it if I knew then how impossible it will be for me to quit or how hard it would be?

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
I got my first diapers when I was 17 and I thought then I would be able to stop if I wanted to. If I knew then once I start to wear them and keep on doing it, it will get harder and harder for me to quit without feeling any depression or distress or any strong urges to wear when I go without one for too long, I honestly
would still wear them. But if I was married to a vanilla or was struggling to find balance with it or finding someone who accepts it, then I would wish I never started wearing them again and would probably answer yes to my own question. Like my mom says, I have an addictive personality.

Calico,

You know there's that saying about hindsight... But alas it is to no avail to ponder all these "Wish I would not have"...
The point is you have - and it has lead you along a road to the point where you are now.

I think the important aspect is to understand that you are still in control - despite the decision to indulge when you were 17.

Actually I guess its more complex:

WHY would you in the first place (17) wear diapers if this would NOT have been something that you really wanted to do... And just because you hypothetically would not have given in, it does not make the DESIRE go away.
And such desires would have been lingering there constantly, creating strong urges to which you'd have to constantly say "NO" ...
Think of a priest who decides he wants to live in celibacy... Now unless to boot with he is already 100% asexual he will throughout life battle the urges of his sexuality... it's something that does not simply vanish only because you do not indulge. But just like that, if it is something you truly want, your mind can work wonders in terms of breaking HABITS and getting the hand on desires.
I don't think that the actual "urges" ever will go away (at least not until old age... and even that is no guarantee) - but you can be the MASTER of your own fate in this regard. You can stop wearing diapers and LEARN TO DEAL with it.
A good therapist will help greatly - simply by having someone to confide in and guide you through the grieve / depression whilst you master other coping strategies.

But the point is: Would you really want to stop simply because of the potential vanilla relationship? Whilst I'm a believer in Balance in general, I don't think that liking to wear diapers and occasionally indulge will do any harm to a real relationship

Iron

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
But the point is: Would you really want to stop simply because of the potential vanilla relationship? Whilst I'm a believer in Balance in general, I don't think that liking to wear diapers and occasionally indulge will do any harm to a real relationship

I like this response. I understand some people just want to "fit-in", and most do want that to greater or lesser degrees. However, as I get older I'm less inclined to dislike or shame myself for my own behavior if the product is completely harmless. Diapers are completely harmless. They might not fit in the mainstream or in public social functions. But they're certainly not hurting anyone. In fact, they make me feel better and provide me comfort--the complete opposite of hurt.

I would say no. I would always choose to enjoy diapers.

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Diapers bring me joy and comfort. I love the feeling of wearing, and there's nothing better than being swaddled in a wet and warm diaper on a cold morning. There just isn't.

But if I could take a pill that would permanently remove these desires I would take it in a heartbeat. The fear of being caught, the tension with my wife, the expense--yeah, I'd choose it if I could. But I can't. I am who I am. I love wearing diapers and I hate that I love it.

All of that said, everyone has quirks, and many are actually harmful. Diapers, in the grand scheme, are harmless to others, less expensive than many obsessions, and really do bring me joy. It could be worse.

-RMS

SissyDLE

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little

EP01,

You make a lot of sense on this one. I think that there are 2 issues here, 1 -Do any of us regret our love for Diapers, 2 - Can we balance our lives such that our love of Diapers does not rule ourselves?

So, in my case the answer to (1) is a flat NO. I did, I truly did and ,suffered mental pain and anguish, but I have now accepted that this is part of me. IRON - you are quite right, it is the opposite of hurt. It gives me comfort.

The answer to (2) was eruditely put by EP01. We need to be the master of our urges and achieve balance. And yes, this may need therapy to get there.

Meanwhile, I'm off to the cinema later. I have some nice discrete diapers and as it is the weekend, I may pad up. If I was going with friends, I may not. My decision, I am in control.

Oh, and as I have said before, No - I choose Diapers and the comfort they give.

DLE

L

Lozza1979

Yes I would go back to not wearing again and have been thinking of it for a while now.I have a pack and a half of nappies left and was considering giving the nappies a rest for a few week and get back into normal routine for a while.I have been wearing 24/7 for about 4 months now roughly and love every minute of it, but I don't want to become psychologically dependent on them.In between changes or after a shower I'll pause or a moment and think 'shall I put on regular underwear and stop wearing nappies, or do I put another Attends on'.So far I have just decided to carry on wearing nappies but I know I can stop whenever I want.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
No... If I hadn't gotten some diapers the desires probably would have just nagged at me until I did. My desires to actually wear them may be relatively new, seeing as I've had a fetish for this kind of stuff for most of my life, but I doubt they're going to completely disappear anytime soon. And I'm not going to deny myself the occasional indulgence, in fact I wish I could wear more often, really.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I like this response. I understand some people just want to "fit-in", and most do want that to greater or lesser degrees. However, as I get older I'm less inclined to dislike or shame myself for my own behavior if the product is completely harmless. Diapers are completely harmless. They might not fit in the mainstream or in public social functions. But they're certainly not hurting anyone. In fact, they make me feel better and provide me comfort--the complete opposite of hurt.

I would say no. I would always choose to enjoy diapers.

If it was affecting your relationships because no one wanted to be in one with you because of them and you had a choice between doing it behind their back or getting dumped/divorced, it was causing you distress because you couldn't indulge in it due to being in college or having room mates or family around, then of course someone would wish they could get rid of it.

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I agree that for many the distress caused by having to fight with the desire, would cause you to wish it away. The trouble is if it was always there deeply imbedded, it doesn't go away. Denying it only encourages binge purge cycles.

SissyDLE

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Not only that, but denying yourself comes with metal anguish, stress and depression.

I'm sure that some would like to wish it all away in certain circumstances, however, it is better in the long run to come to terms with who you are and try to achieve some sort of balance. I had my brother round today helping with decorating, so, I was not wearing. After he left, I had dinner, responded to a few e-mails and went to the cinema. Now, I chose to put on a diaper for the film and will sleep in one tonight. That said, when we get to Monday morning, I'll probably not be padded for a fortnight or so due to travelling with work etc. Will I miss it, some, yes. Will it rule me. No, not now I have come to terms with who I am.

So, do I wish it away, not any more. I did before I came to terms with it though.

I've said elsewhere that I think that most people have a kink or two. Most are not harmful, most are not acted on. On the other hand, some are harmful. Being a DL is not harmful. Since I started indulging, I've all but stopped drinking alcohol. Are the two connected? Possibly. Which is less harmful? Diapers.

SO long as I can achieve a balance and not let my diaper rule my life, I'll not wish it away. as Ozbub says, that way lies binge / purge. I've been there. It's not healthy.

DLE

Status
Not open for further replies.