If you could design your own diaper...? 🤔

I would make the two things I can't understand aren't already made. That is, adult sized versions of Pull-Ups or Goodnites. There are adult pullup diapers on the market but they all suck. The fit is very poor and hardly hold a drop. Seems unlikely that other manufacturers can't reproduce that product after all the years of it being on the market and the design is already right. Maybe there's some business reason why these aren't made but I can't think of what it is.
The other thing is adult sized Huggies Overnights. Seriously, I use these in my diapers sometimes and they're amazing. High quality and hold nearly as much as Goodnites that are twice the size. Soft, sturdy and thirsty!

70sPampers said:
So, MikeDJ, did you wear vintage Pampers or Huggies or Luvs as a baby? Do you have a favorite vintage diaper that brings back all of those memories?
I wore those 70s Pampers with the fanfold style and I do remember the swishy sounding embossed surface on them also. I later took a liking to the early 80s diapers that were super thick and the elastics were added. I was too old then to wear those type diapers but sure was jealous seeing those babies in those thick diapers in the commercials. I also remember going down the diaper aisle in Toys r Us wishing I could get some of those thick 80s diapers then but couldnt being with mom and dad then.

MikeDJ said:
I wore those 70s Pampers with the fanfold style and I do remember the swishy sounding embossed surface on them also. I later took a liking to the early 80s diapers that were super thick and the elastics were added. I was too old then to wear those type diapers but sure was jealous seeing those babies in those thick diapers in the commercials. I also remember going down the diaper aisle in Toys r Us wishing I could get some of those thick 80s diapers then but couldnt being with mom and dad then.

Having sent a petition to P&G to bring back the old-school design but was disappointed as the machines they used to make the pleated sposies were gone for good since the Cincinnati giant closed the Northern Lower factory of Cheboygan (Michigan) at the end of the 1980s.

1FB77C97-9F2E-47AB-BEE8-DE0E9D0AB8D2.jpeg
This is the diaper brand I created for my Littlesona to wear. I call them LambieHearts, they are cloth backed with a plastic landing zone, just like Abu preschools and the now discontinued cloth backed Playdayz. They’re 20% more absorbent than preschools at a 4200 ml capacity. Baby powder scented too ^^

Reactions: jcwilliams343
Plain white, plastic backed all round, quiet plastic minimal crinkles, not too bulky but very absorbant, two or even three fastening tapes either side which can be refastenable with long wings that are also deep, high sides to prevent overflow when pointing up and Nappy must "wick" very effectively giving good use of the entire amount of padding in the Nappy.
Padding must not "clump" !
Good value for money!
if only 😂

I agree with the votes for pampers...with the classic scent!

Reactions: AJFan2020, 70sPampers and 12srepaid
I think for me, the biggest change I'd make is in the packaging. Instead of the trifold that every adult diaper comes in these days, I'd do the bifold that baby diapers use. Something about a diaper folded down the center just looks better to me, than an origami diaper. Maybe it's just that it looks closer to a baby diaper in that shape. Then, I'd up the number of diapers per package to like 15 to keep it from looking too tall and skinny.

Reactions: 70sPampers
Justtrytoguess said:
I think for me, the biggest change I'd make is in the packaging. Instead of the trifold that every adult diaper comes in these days, I'd do the bifold that baby diapers use. Something about a diaper folded down the center just looks better to me, than an origami diaper. Maybe it's just that it looks closer to a baby diaper in that shape. Then, I'd up the number of diapers per package to like 15 to keep it from looking too tall and skinny.
Even though I personally have no interest in adult diapers (I am attracted EXCLUSIVELY to baby diapers of the 70s era for the turn-on they provide me during "playing"), nevertheless, to see adult diapers bi-folded instead of tri-folded LOOKS visually pleasing to me. Suddenly, instead of a boring, somewhat uninviting, medical product, when an adult diaper is bi-folded, it looks like a big baby diaper! The "babyish" factor is enhanced just by the different fold!

We all know what tri-folded adult diapers look like. But take a look at these bi-folded examples and tell me if you are not suddenly drawn to the pictures as if they were giant baby diapers:

Super Crinkly Vintage 90’s Generic Smooth Plastic Adult Diaper1.jpgSuper Crinkly Vintage 90’s Generic Smooth Plastic Adult Diaper2.jpgSuper Crinkly Vintage 90’s Generic Smooth Plastic Adult Diaper3.jpgSuper Crinkly Vintage 90’s Generic Smooth Plastic Adult Diaper4.jpgSuper Crinkly Vintage 90’s Generic Smooth Plastic Adult Diaper5.jpgSuper Crinkly Vintage 90’s Generic Smooth Plastic Adult Diaper6.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
dora in the city prints with writing good boy

PP6 said:
I agree with the votes for pampers...with the classic scent!
And with a choice of either tapes or Velcro.

Plastic-backed full mat highrise big leagcuffs front and back waistband six taps extra-thick padding pampers sent.
I make them in SM ML L EXL sises. How can I open my own diaper store? brick and morter.

As others have said padded wings would be great, if memory serves me correctly now only Drylife (disposables) have a very long back panel padding wise.
Also this may surprise some - especially as I often don't conform to a gender these days - but being an early 90s British baby I just missed gendered nappies ...or I'm confident that if they were around they weren't so popular they were being advertised prominently.
So I'd like a nappy that does a female line and a male one, these days in medical incontinence it's only pull-ups that are gendered.
-
WE
PP (and more)
-
Update: Pampers Phases were gendered and I am really certain I never saw them in the packaging with the baby-head-on-pillow logo.
Secondly cannot believe I forgot this but kids pull-ups and the market leaders Goodnites / Drynites are gendered!
Because gender starts mattering when you're not a baby *eye-roll*.

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with the abdl diapers today. I would love pull-ups white with colored stretchy side panels. Blue for boys, pink for girls. Gender specific themes like trains, cartoons characters, rainbows and princesses on the front.

Anime all the way, baby! I want diapers covered in hot waifu girls dressed like witches or sorceresses, or piloting mechs. Diapers with prints in special locations, like "Landing Zone #1" on the front and "Landing Zone #2" on the back... silly, erotic stuff that reminds you of all the fun you're having while wearing a diaper.

ABDL Diapers but with some more extra padding in front, maybe less thick in back to compensate and even price out. Sides with some stretch to them, but thicker, along with more durable tapes. Oh and Disney character prints!

I would have a bunch of stars or Music notes

Reactions: Milianna
I'd probably have more anime designs. Nothing like sexual or anything. Just cute little anime designs.

Reactions: ShyBoo81
Milianna said:
I'd probably have more anime designs. Nothing like sexual or anything. Just cute little anime designs.
Nothing sexual? So Just randomly have it print just a HUGE anime Butt in panties on the butt of it, That would actually be funny

But in seriousness: Striped Diaper I'd be game

I'd like to see adult pullups like the original style goodnites with a high rising pad and wider padding in the front and back

Reactions: David00, James1234, AJFan2020 and 1 other person
Babybear2006 said:
I'd like to see adult pullups like the original style goodnites with a high rising pad and wider padding in the front and back
That, and the ability to hold at least eight cups of liquid even when sitting down.

Back