If you are American and are over 18...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
...do you intend to vote?

Even though I am 3 years from being able to vote, I still urge those of you who can vote to vote. Even if you think both presidential candidates "suck", pick one who sucks less and vote for him. In fact, vote for Obama.

Seriously now, this is just a query to measure ADISC voter turnout. Please reply if you are American and are over 18. Thank you.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I already voted. So, mark me down in the "yes" column I suppose.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
If I were a year older, yes.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i voted 2 weeks ago... I was so tired of people calling my house that I just had to send it in. :-(

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I already voted myself. But if people don't want to vote, don't feel the need to vote then they shouldn't vote.

Don't vote unless you actually care about issues be it gay marriage, the wars the US is in, taxes, illegal immigration etc and you want to make your voice heard. Otherwise just don't vote.

Also judge EVERYTHING for yourself, don't let anyone else say how you should vote. If you do your not that far off from being a lemming playing follow the leader off the cliff.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Yes. I'll definitely be voting this week.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I will absolutely be voting on Tuesday. This will actually be the first time that I am voting in a national election on election day, I always used to vote early by absentee ballot when I was in college.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm extremely excited to put my vote in on Tuesday. I love Election Day. I'm one of those people who sits there all day and watches the progression on television.

D

daria7483

Yep, I'm certainly planning to vote Tuesday. Many people are voting early, but here in Virginia that means voting absentee at the registrar's office, and I really want to actually go to my precinct polling place and cast my vote on election day. I'm going to take my lunch break around 2 or 3 to go do it and I hope the lines won't be too bad at that point.

People complain about low voter turnout in the U.S. (I think it's usually around the 50th percentile for presidential elections), but frankly, I'm not sure I'd want higher turnout. If higher turnout meant that more people were really doing their homework and choosing the candidate best for them, then great, but I don't want more people voting based on one candidate's negative ad about the other candidate or something else shallow.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
People complain about low voter turnout in the U.S. (I think it's usually around the 50th percentile for presidential elections), but frankly, I'm not sure I'd want higher turnout. If higher turnout meant that more people were really doing their homework and choosing the candidate best for them, then great, but I don't want more people voting based on one candidate's negative ad about the other candidate or something else shallow.

I have heard/ read estimates that turnout could be 75% or more this time around. I would hope that everyone that voted learned the positions and issues of the candidates and voted based on an educated decision, but that ain't gonna happen now, is it? I agree with you in that you shouldn't vote if you don't KNOW what/who you are voting for.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I plan on voting...Right after my history class even...If you don't vote, then I don't think you have a right to complain about the president (if you can vote that is...Obviously that doesn't really apply much if you aren't old enough)

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I tried to register to vote when I lived over there, because some old woman at the entrance of a grocery store told me to do it. Unfortunately, she answered my question "Are Germans allowed to vote?" with a "No!", so I guess I'm out of luck here. I'm sure we're gonna have some kind of local/state or EU election here soon...the next national one won't be until next year.

Peachy

F

FullMetal

I will be voting. And hopefully America get's it right this time.

Hope I can get an A-Men! to that!

FullMetal

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I be voting too on the 4th.

Last edited:

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private