If stranded on an island what album would you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachbear8

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Australian band Birds Of Tokyo's self titled album. Or the new Eskimo Joe album 'Ghosts Of The Past'. Like listening to local WA artists.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Definitely Homestuck Vol 5. Best tracks include 2, 3, 15-17, 21, 46-47, and 64-65. Obviously there are a lot of tracks there to tide me over with, on top of some of them being very high quality.

Axiom

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian

Just about the Most Amazing Thing Ever. Nothing quite like just losing yourself in the music, while John Arch's ethereal wailing takes you away to another world...

Exodus, ascend the plane
Exile this medium of bondage
Far beyond the myriads of crypts and pyramids
Beyond the harpy-vultures guarding their tombs
Arcana awaits...

Yes, that'll do nicely.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=S39dW-QJByo[/video]

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I can't decide. This is kind of a bullshit question, you know! I love music too much to choose only one!

It would probably be either:

The Wall - Pink Floyd

or

10,000 Days - Tool

If there were some 'album' to speak of that was entirely works of the great composer Chopin, I'd choose that.

S

Spearmint

Hey Ocean!- It's easier to be somebody else, or Stop looking like music. I like them both, but I can't decide :(

ultrapampers

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So hard to choose, but if it can only be one, it would be Radiohead's OK Computer.

M

MarcSaintClair

Without a doubt, I would pick Rubber Soul by The Beatles. Assuming no one finds me on the island, I would have to die to greatness. :D

L

LittleDrummerGirl

Methinks David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars... Or Evanescence - Anywhere but Home to appease my girly side.

Varys

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover,
The soundtrack to my eventual madness - Disco Volante by Mr. Bungle.

Although, if I could exploit a loophole in your statement, I'd probably go for a double album like Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater instead.
Dream Theater for the win. Finally someone to even mention them :D

If not the double, then I'd either go with one of these three.

Systematic Chaos - Dream Theater
A Dramatic Turn of Events - Dream Theater
Rock Star Supernova - Rock Star Supernova (Muchos nostalgia with this album. I watched them looking for Lukas back in '06. Wow. Been a while >_>)

Role
Private
I would take my most hated album.

That way I won't feel bad about choosing one favourite over another, and I won't ever get sick of it since I won't be listening to it!

BandNerd

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Probably something by Glenn Miller or Dean Martin, or Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles.

Role
Diaper Lover
I am listening to The Wall right now and I must say I stick to my original decision.

Mind = blowin!!!

This album just works on so many levels. On one hand it is a brilliant rock album and on the other it has a much darker undertone about mental insanity and the human brain decaying under pressure. Seriously if you haven't heard this masterpiece go out and buy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.