• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

If a diaper fetish is when its sexual, what is it called if it's just emotional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
A coping mechanism?

Although that sounds very pantywaist if you ask me. Stick with fetish if you want to disturb people. Calling it a coping mechanism makes you sound like a fucking pansy, push-over.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm comfortable calling it a fetish, although I'm with AlexAwesome in not getting any sexual feeling from wearing. Getting aroused when padded happens occasionally, but for me it is not caused by wearing but by other outside influences (a story I'm reading, for instance).

PetPuppyAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm comfortable calling it a fetish, although I'm with AlexAwesome in not getting any sexual feeling from wearing. Getting aroused when padded happens occasionally, but for me it is not caused by wearing but by other outside influences (a story I'm reading, for instance).
Precisely

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
I might be corrected on this but I feel that if it is sexual, you are more a DL, while AB is more emotional aspect to it.

WhiteWolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Other, Private
I kinda have a simmilar type thing to this. Its not a sexual thing for me at all, nor am i in to the whole baby side of it at all. to me, its just another choice of underwear that i like. So maybe its just an interest? How into it are you on each side?

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Isn't *Bism technically called a paraphelia? I've always mixed up my technical definitions for terms related to *Bism, but I seem to remember that it's only a fetish when there's an actual object (like a diaper in this instance).

But, I still think paraphelias are technically sexual, so I don't know if that's a good way to describe the emotional side of it.

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other, Private
I might be corrected on this but I feel that if it is sexual, you are more a DL, while AB is more emotional aspect to it.
That makes some sense as it is. Although the official term for *b/dlism is papaphilic infantilism, AB/TB can blend in to the emotional aspects of it while DL is the sexual attraction of it.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't know what I am lol. Wearing diapers isn't sexual for me, they aren't emotional for me, nothing turns me on about wearing them, I just do. I'm weird ain't I? :(

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
You can be AB/DL without being a "fetishist"... many people wear diapers or regress for emotional supportive reasons, without it being the least bit fetishy at all.

Poohbearboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
To me is not sexual for me ether I don't want it is for me it just who I am I gues.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Both my Ab side and my Dl side are sexual for me. It's sexual if I'm wearing and wetting, and it's sexual if I'm at Toys R. Us and just looking at baby clothes. So it may not apply. I think it's either sexual for someone or it isn't, but that an interest can be there under one or the other.

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
A fetish is when the object of the fetish is necessary to obtain an orgasm.
A paraphilia is a paralelle sexual atraction. As in, sexually attracted to womens and to diapers.

I'm not making this up, it's in the DSM.

If diapers are more an accessories to a regression, and not the center of the "act", then I'd say it's not a fetish nor a paraphilia.

Confort diapers, without sexual atraction, are pretty complicated to classifie and I'd say it's a case by case thing, as it's not classified in the literature.

Role
Private
A diaper fetish?

Simply put, you like diapers, regardless of the reason(s) why.

Don't say an apple isn't an apple when it clearly is.

babymark1

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
A coping mechanism?

Although that sounds very pantywaist if you ask me. Stick with fetish if you want to disturb people. Calling it a coping mechanism makes you sound like a fucking pansy, push-over.
Considering AlexAwesome asked a reasonable question in search of an answer to something that was on his mind I think your foul mouthed response to a 14 year old boy is a poor reflection on yourself. He is at an age where he has far more questions than answers and has the good sense to ask rather than live in ignorance whereas you should have the manners to answer in the same way or shut up.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I've always felt that DL implies sexually, while AB/TB implies emotionally.

Wow, I almost ignored my own rule there.. :D

A coping mechanism?

Translation:

Answer to the question at hand...

Something funny and expected of Priest, but not meant to be serious or hurtful at all...

Considering AlexAwesome asked a reasonable question in search of an answer to something that was on his mind I think your foul mouthed response to a 14 year old boy is a poor reflection on yourself. He is at an age where he has far more questions than answers and has the good sense to ask rather than live in ignorance whereas you should have the manners to answer in the same way or shut up.
1) The proper way to go about this is to post something related to the thread, and then rag on another person's post.

2) The green color that is AlexAwesome's name implies that he's been on ADISC for quite some time. With this knowledge, you can imply that the other green-name known as Priest as been in contact with AlexAwesome before. Were that no true, Priest would never have worded his thoughts in such a vulgar way... I hope...

3) To put #2 simply: That's just how Priest is. He doesn't intend to be rude. I think....

4) You were doing pretty well there until "He is at an age where he has far more questions than answers and has the good sense to ask rather than live in ignorance whereas you should have the manners to answer in the same way or shut up." I understand where your aggression comes from, I feel the same way about people who don't allow children to ask questions, but if you're going to scold someone, make a complete effort to stay calm. Which you did extremely well, I'm simply noting this minuscule slip.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
It then becomes a non sexual fetish. The definition of a fetish doesn't mean that it has to be sexual, as is the preconception. This can be shown here:

Dictionary: fet·ish fet·ich (fĕt'ĭsh, fē'tĭsh) pronunciation

also n.

1. An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
2. An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
3. Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
4. An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

To be honest though, it's all just different names we use because the human mind likes labels. There are a number of psychological terms, and a number of terms we use as a community, but they are all groups with a lot of grey area at the edges.

You could call it a fetish, a paraphilia, an interest, *B, DL or whatever you want. Just go with what you are most comfortable.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Depending what mood I'm in they can be for emotional support of for sexual desire. I think 'fetish' is rather a generic term as you can't change what 'class' you are in depending on mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.