Identity tug of war.

KairiHeart said:
I know exactly what you mean, and it made me feel so natural. I felt very cute, and super happy.
It made me feel as if I was finally truly connecting with myself.
KairiHeart said:
Maybe this will also be able to help with my anxiety, and depression as well. I am going to call the office before work tomorrow.

That is a very good sign.
Like I said before , only you can say who & what you are.
But, validation from a second [professional] source is not a bad thing either. :)
Talking with a professional will help you work thru and hopefully deal with the Anxiety and Depression.
Anxiety and Depression take time to get over, so do not get yourself down becasue you're not cured in 3 sessions, lol. Trust me.
Talking it out does help A LOT, and sometimes that is enough, others times medication is needed.
Medication is a hit or miss thing, what works for one person doesn't always work for another, and even something that might work on you will still take time to see results. DO not get discouraged because you feel the same after a week or even a month, give it time.

Good luck, Kairi! It's hard being trans but also very special and good! I hope for the best for you wherever this search takes you!

SomewhatLittle said:
Good luck, Kairi! It's hard being trans but also very special and good! I hope for the best for you wherever this search takes you!

Thank you so much!! :)

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I wanted to post a bit of an update. I have spoken with my therapist a few times now, and we have come to discover that I am indeed feeling gender dysphoria. She thinks it would be wise to take things slow, but to keep meeting on a regular basis. I have explained my family situation, and she is helping me find a safe way to be who I am until I can comfortably talk to my family about it. She has actually printed me an extensive list of low cost insurance plans, and many apartment listings around my area that would keep my commute to work about the same. We have set up a goal for me to move out on my own just in case things go south with my family. My next visit is in a few days, and I am really looking forward to meeting with her again. :)

Reactions: Bailedacademic
Your situation is not the best but it looks like you are now on the right track with your therapist.

Wishing you good luck in the future.

Back