IDEA: Post drafts and jump to last unread in supscriptions page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]Two features which I think might be a good idea.

Thread Drafts: There already there for the blogs system so couldn't they be added to normal posts aswell.

Jump to last unread in subscriptions: In your suscribed threads page it would be handy if there a jump to last unread option like there is in the forum listings and topics[/font]

Last edited:

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
First thing that'd be useful to do if you want a feature is look here if it already exists. That way Moo won't have to make it himself making a add-on himself which makes it a lot more appealing to add something.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
are you suggesting that people should be able to save a post as a draft and then come back and finish it later?

i worry that would fragment the flow of discussion. by the time you got around to posting, the topic of discussion in that thread could have changed completely. someone could have said something that nullified your argument before you even made it. discussions evolve over time, and i sometimes find that just in the time it takes me to type up a reply, two or three new replies get made which make mine seem out-of-date when i finally post it. i think a feature like that would discourage people from reacting to one another's posts, which is an important part of what makes this site fun.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
are you suggesting that people should be able to save a post as a draft and then come back and finish it later?

i worry that would fragment the flow of discussion. by the time you got around to posting, the topic of discussion in that thread could have changed completely. someone could have said something that nullified your argument before you even made it. discussions evolve over time, and i sometimes find that just in the time it takes me to type up a reply, two or three new replies get made which make mine seem out-of-date when i finally post it. i think a feature like that would discourage people from reacting to one another's posts, which is an important part of what makes this site fun.
[font="Calibri,Arial"]I see what you mean. I edited my OP to say thread drafts instead. i.e. You can draft your thread opening post before starting the thread.[/font]

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Why not just make it as a file on your computer if thats what you need... just type it in word etc. I doubt if many people would use this feature and theres a simple workaround for those that would use it without moo having to mess with code etc.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
[FONT=Calibri,Arial]Because I don't want to save anything tb-related on my computer. My parents sometimes use it as well.[/FONT]

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
[FONT=Calibri,Arial]Two features which I think might be a good idea.

Thread Drafts: There already there for the blogs system so couldn't they be added to normal posts aswell.

Jump to last unread in subscriptions: In your suscribed threads page it would be handy if there a jump to last unread option like there is in the forum listings and topics[/FONT]
(A) there are a ton of online services that will store docs for you, including Google docs, pastebin.ca, etc.

(B) please put this up as a new thread, with poll. If 10 people say they would *actually use* this feature, I'll look into implementing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.