IBS in army

Onesielover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
So I was wondering because I was diagnosed with IBS last week and I usually have bad issues with that and wanted to wear as protection in case of an emergency and I can't get to the restroom in time seeing as where I work is quite a ways from a restroom does anyone on the site know if doing that will get me in trouble or not and is there any regulation against having them for self care my medical team knows I have this condition as I did let them know after I found out is there anyone on here that is in still or just had gotten out that would know

You better discuss this with your recruiter. If you don't disclose medical conditions when you enlist, you can be later charged with fraudulent enlistment (bad scene). I'm afraid that this is a disqualifying condition for military service. I'd confirm with your doctor that this is indeed what you have.

Last edited:
willnotwill said:
You better discuss this with your recruiter. If you don't disclose medical conditions when you enlist, you can be later charged with fraudulent enlistment (bad scene). I'm afraid that this is a disqualifying condition for military service. I'd confirm with your doctor that this is indeed what you have.
Well here's my situation I'm already in I have been in a year and a couple months I didn't know about this until a week ago and I already ran it by my command team and they r aware of my condition and it isn't getting me kicked out I was mainly just curious about what I can wear to help if I encounter that situation if it ever arises

Of course you are wear diapers there is no problem with it. Now if you were deployed that might be a tricky situation but state side don't worry abut it.

Reactions: Onesielover
Onesielover said:
So I was wondering because I was diagnosed with IBS last week and I usually have bad issues with that and wanted to wear as protection in case of an emergency and I can't get to the restroom in time seeing as where I work is quite a ways from a restroom does anyone on the site know if doing that will get me in trouble or not and is there any regulation against having them for self care my medical team knows I have this condition as I did let them know after I found out is there anyone on here that is in still or just had gotten out that would know
Check the relevant Regs (get the corpsman to help if you don't know where to look); one issue that immediately comes to mind is eligibility for World-Wide Deployment. Many things that aren't an real issue state-side are still result in a medical because they can be serious issues in the back end of nowhere and under fire.

Traemo said:
Check the relevant Regs (get the corpsman to help if you don't know where to look); one issue that immediately comes to mind is eligibility for World-Wide Deployment. Many things that aren't an real issue state-side are still result in a medical because they can be serious issues in the back end of nowhere and under fire.
Ok im following what ur saying and here's where I hit u with a curve ball I'm in the middle East and my job requires me to be on base and never leave as in I don't deploy I pcs or etc or go on leave or a mwr trip otherwise I stay on base I do see what ur saying and it was bad enough talking with the medical team and finding out I had IBS yes I didn't know I had it before I learned it last week but asking them about that seems a little bit more info then I want them to have over my personal health

I was injured in the Marines and had to wear a diaper for 3 years before I was healthy enough to be medically discharged. Let me just tell you, you'll never live down the ridicule and juvenile taunting when others find out about it.

You will need to get a medical exception for diapers, and it will be put into your service record. As mentioned, this could disqualify you from deployment and will likely disqualify you from reenlisting too. On that note you could use your IBS to get a medical discharge if/when they want to kick you out. Don't push for a pay out for just IBS though. The important part would be qualifying you for care at the VA. It isn't the best care by a long shot, but it is free for life.

Back