I was just thinking...

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
It struck me the other day that I have quite a variety of diaper covers considering that no one else sees them. I had read a few threads from people talking about the wide range in appearance and materials of their covers. PUL, polyurethane, vinyl and these in various colors and thicknesses. Different styles for varying uses such as pull on for home use and snap on for being on the go. It’s a bit strange the way I go through cycles in my usage. I’ll wear one style of pant until all of a sudden another style will come into my thoughts and I’ll go through all of my varied styles over the period of about a month. They all seem to have their own pros and cons and it’s a little reassuring coming back to a pair that I’ve missed. This probably shouldn’t seem strange to me as very few of us wear the same style of clothes day in and day out and this is sort of like wearing various colors of underwear. Sorry for the babbling, I just thought I’d turn my mind loose to see where it would go to following one of those tangents, stay padded.

Well, I've no diaper cover whatsoever (some onesies, though). But concerning diapers themselves it's similar for me. Currently, I stash about ten different brands, and although I won't buy all again, I probably will at least six of them and sometimes try some others. All of them have their pros and cons and it's nice to occasionally alternate the usual BetterDry with something else.

Zeke said:
Sorry for the babbling, I just thought I’d turn my mind loose to see where it would go to following one of those tangents

Keep babbling, that's what this forum is for.

Zeke said:
stay padded.

hmmm, let me consider that a moment... , ok, agreed.

Variety is the spice of life. I have only two diaper covers and hardly use them. Do you have a very good one you use for every day wear with disposable diapers?

I like my plain jane, white, vinyl Haian covers for use with disposables or cloth. I’ve been ordering them from Amazon and they take between 2 to 4 weeks to arrive so I order at least 6 to 8 pair at a time to keep shipping costs down. They are inexpensive compared to many others (about $7 each) and they have enclosed elastic which prevents both wicking and elated allergies. I’m on Social Security Disability so I have to be pretty careful with my bucks and these covers seem to be very durable, despite being quite thin, as well as effective in containing any leaks and preventing the tapes from coming loose. They have colored covers also but they are made with different materials but I have several that work well and provide variety.

Thanks I will give them a try.

Back