I want my own room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
So....here's the deal.

I'm going back to start my 3rd year of college in about 2 months. Ever since I've been there I've had a roommate. It wasnt really that bad, but i deffinitly missed my privacy. (It's hard to diaper up with someone else sharing a room with you)

Anyway, I put in a request for a SINGLE room this year, but the chances of that actually going through are slim (I'll know if i got it in about 2 weeks). Do you think if i told the Resident Director that I have urinary and/or bowel incontinence and I needed 'extra' privacy, it would help the chances of them giving me my own room???

Ehh, any help would be appreciated.

****(By the way, I am NOT incontinent, i'm just looking for a good excuse, and dont mean to mock anyone that is incontinent)

Herbiec

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Don't fib

Please don't lie!!
Tell them you have a condition that causes you to have to wear diapers.
They may put you with another diaper wearer.:thumbsup:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
They may want some proof on the incontinent part...But you could try saying that you desperately need some privacy for one year at least, and you've gone 2 years with a roommate and you just can't take another one...

Lupin1

Contributor
Role
Private
Don't lie. Pay your dues like the rest of us had to. I didn't get a single until my senior year. Suck it up-- one more year.

Lupin1

Contributor
Role
Private
;) It's true, though. Everyone has their reasons they want a single before their senior year, but for the majority of us, we just have to suffer through it and pay our dues. You'll be telling underclassmen the same thing next year when they're complaining about not having singles.

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Little, Incontinent
Could you ditch the dorms and get an apartment? Apartment living is often cheaper as you don't have to help foot the dorm's janitorial/maintenance fees with your rent, and it's easier to get your own room with an apartment. I've lived in a 2-bedroom apartment the past 2 years & it works out great as far as privacy is concerned. I do make garbage duty my chore, however, 'cuz it has to be taken out frequently and disposables are heavy >.<

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I'm not sure how much this will help you...but you could try telling the dorm guy that you will murder if you have to have ANOTHER room mate.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm not sure how much this will help you...but you could try telling the dorm guy that you will murder if you have to have ANOTHER room mate.
Yeah...I'm pretty sure he wants to finish college...Not go to jail

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Could you ditch the dorms and get an apartment? Apartment living is often cheaper as you don't have to help foot the dorm's janitorial/maintenance fees with your rent, and it's easier to get your own room with an apartment. I've lived in a 2-bedroom apartment the past 2 years & it works out great as far as privacy is concerned. I do make garbage duty my chore, however, 'cuz it has to be taken out frequently and disposables are heavy >.<

its all about the $$$. I would love to get an apartment, and although it's techniclly cheaper, i'm living ON campus because its being coverd by my student loan. I dont really have the cash to pay for a monthly rent

element

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Jesus man, I feel for you. I've had a roommate for my first two years and this fall I'll finally get my own room, albeit in a suite with 5 other people, but it still beats the alternative. If it comes down to it, though, and you're stuck with a roommate, depending on who he is and who you are socially, and depending on how ballsy you're feeling, you should probably just tell him about it. Maybe say it's a "medical" thing (I'm sorry if anyone with incontinence issues or otherwise feels denigrated by this), and that you need to wear while you're taking some medication or something. Best wishes for getting a single, though.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
^Thnx. If I do get the single, it will be a 'suite' like the one you mentioned, I will be with 3 other people. As long as I get my owen sleeping (changing, hehe) area I will be content

Role
Other
I would bet money that if you check your student handbook or with admissions that the sort of lie that you are contemplating would be grounds for the University to kick you out. I am not saying they would, but that they could.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
It can't help to push your request for a single room a bit, i.e. be persistent about it and don't just go "Ah well, OK" when you get assigned a roommate. Bitch, moan, complain...but don't lie. That won't get you anywhere, because if they find out about your lies, they may boot you out of campus housing right away.

That brings me to another point: Beats me why American universities force people to have roommates. Most American kids are spoilt by having their own room in their parents' home, and once they go to college, they're supposed to dump the privacy they've enjoyed throughout most of their life for having some stranger in their room who may have weird habits (like drinking, smoking, wearing diapers :D, snoring, randomly puking on the floor or praying loudly)? No one in my country would ever accept living situations like that, no matter how cheap they may be. Student housing provided by the university here is always single rooms (although often shared bathrooms, kitchens and lounges), and is distributed by social need rather than first come-first served/housed.

When I signed up with an AMerican university, I had the option of living on campus. When I saw the price ($1,200 for a semester = 4 months, add more money on top for having to buy the meal plan at the dining hall) I quickly decided to ditch that idea and ended up getting a private apartment with two people sharing it (each with their own room) for half the money. Really, if you have any way to turn your scholarship into private housing, do it! After two years, you should know enough people who may be willing to share a place with you!

Peachy

diapernh

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
my college dorm was a 2 br apartment owned by the college. I at one time had 2 other people sharing my room. Yes, the college planned to put 6 of us in a 2br apartment, 4 in the big room and 2 in the smaller one.

I did wear during college, but it was few and far between.

I would say that you needed a private room cause you were a bed wetter, that they should not ask further questions. just say that over the break you started wetting again. You may not get a private room, but may be put with osmebody else who is a bedwetter.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I would say that you needed a private room cause you were a bed wetter, that they should not ask further questions. just say that over the break you started wetting again. You may not get a private room, but may be put with osmebody else who is a bedwetter.
In that case you better pray that the college does not use bed bunks, or that you don't get the lower bunk! :eek:

Peachy

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
You could just wear diapers and not worry about it. I did for the year that I lived in the dorms. My roommate knew about me wearing them... and was generally okay with it.

diapermefast

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
I would personally go with the whole "Im a bedwetter" argument and explain that it is embaressing and awkward, but keep on their backs, and keep checking for an update from the resident director.

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Little, Incontinent
its all about the $$$. I would love to get an apartment, and although it's techniclly cheaper, i'm living ON campus because its being coverd by my student loan. I dont really have the cash to pay for a monthly rent
Y'know, for 2 years I thought that student loans (at least the U.S. federal subsidized loans I was getting) would only pay for on-campus housing. Turns out that is completely untrue. If the full amount of the loan is not used by the school for tuition, room, or board, then the rest of the money is refunded via check to the student. But, if one is living off-campus, then whatever loan money that would have gone towards on-campus living & dorm food goes directly to your pocket to use as rent & food money elsewhere. My federal loan check has always been more than sufficient to support living off-campus for the entire school year; I actually use less of it compared to living in the dorms.

Perhaps you have a different type of loan or your state does things differently than Michigan, but... it just strikes me as odd that you would be given a loan and then be told how to spend it, especially if it was a federal or third-party (bank) loan. If it was a loan directly from your university, though, then I'd understand why they'd be forcing you to just pump the money back into their institution.

Lupin1

Contributor
Role
Private
It also really depends on the roommate. I had the same roommate the first three years of college (I'm only going into my senior year this coming year, so it'll be my first year with a single) and before I went into college I was so worried about her finding out about the BDSM stuff I was really into at the time (not so much now). I kept it on the dl the first few months, but I eventually ended up getting her into it and we went to the websites and talked to guys from them and all that that together. It became something of a shared interest. Everyone has their strange kinks and fetishes. Depending on the roommate, it may not be that big a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.