I told my wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well back in March I was on here asking for advice about telling my wife (thanks everyone who responded). Last night I finally just bit the bullet and told her.

So I am sure everyone would like to know her response. Well - she is so far completely ok with it. She wished I would of told her sooner but she understands why I was afraid to tell her. She says she loves me no matter what and if this is part of me then she is ok with it. She has said I do not have to hide wearing them anymore. If I want to wear one around the house then go for it. She told me to put them in my bottom drawer.

When I told her that I like to wear to bed once in a while cause it is stress relieving, she said I can wear them to bed if I want. She even told me if I wanted to wear to bed that night I could. I decided not to, just cause I did not want to overwhelm her too much.

She is accepting but a little shocked. I will update on how things go over the next few weeks.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Congrats on telling and getting such an accepting response. Just don't make things uncomfortable for her.

Kiani

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other
Im glad she is accepting. I think that we all need one person that we can talk to about this. Im glad you have found that one person. I hope everything goes well.

eeyore

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Best of luck - kudos to you for having the guts to tell someone! I'm just coming to terms with it, about to buy my first nappy in the next few weeks, but I just think I'd need to know a deep secret about someone in return/first before I was comfortable!

But well done again, and I hope it turns out as well as you hope! Let us all know how it all progresses though, I'll be waiting in anticipation!

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Last night my wife told me if I wanted to wear a diaper to bed I could. So I did! We cuddled before going asleep and she felt the diaper quickly with her hand. She usually sleeps in later than me, so when I was getting out of bed she looked up and saw me wearing my diaper (lightly wet), this was the first time her seeing me wear. She asked if I slept good, which I did not really (just odd sleeping in bed with my wife while I was diapered). I am sure I will sleep deeper as I relax about wearing around my wife.

I gotta say - My wife is fantastic and so understanding. I love her so much!

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Nice, I totally understand.
I bet it feels like a big weight has been lifted off you. Keeping such a big secret from someone you love is difficult, but the fear of something going wrong if it's revealed is tough.
I also wear to bed. I wear boxers over my diaper so my wife doesn't have to touch the plastic if she doesn't want to. The kind with the wide elastic at the waist work best, especially if the diaper doesn't have very good waist elastic.
It will take some time to just relax and sleep well, just getting used to sleeping while wearing is tough for some people, never mind with a partner.
Take it slow, good luck.

James

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Congrats on tell your wife, glad everything worked out for you ;)

PumaPunku

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone ever heard of someone being flat out rejected by a significant other due to wearing diapers?

I told my wife before we got married. The conversation was difficult at first, but she was of the mind that it wasn't a big deal. It seems like if you have a decent relationship with someone, the diaper issue doesn't change that. She was glad I told her and very understanding. Better to *not* have secrets to hide from your spouse.

There was one web page I saw that several ladies on there who were going on about how they would never be involved with someone who wears diapers (article was asking advice on how to tell girlfriend). One said she would force him to wear a catheter instead since she 'knew about those things'.

In reality I wonder just how many people would be turned off by being involved with someone who wears diapers. Is it really that much of a deal breaker? There are much worse red flags to be aware of when dating/being involved with someone.

Anyway, congrats on clearing the air with your wife. It must be very liberating to have that weight off your mind. It helps me that my wife encourages and supports my use of diapers. She's awesome.

Role
  1. Other
Uber congrats. You're a model for others now :)

Has anyone ever heard of someone being flat out rejected by a significant other due to wearing diapers?

I told my wife before we got married. The conversation was difficult at first, but she was of the mind that it wasn't a big deal. It seems like if you have a decent relationship with someone, the diaper issue doesn't change that. She was glad I told her and very understanding. Better to *not* have secrets to hide from your spouse.

There was one web page I saw that several ladies on there who were going on about how they would never be involved with someone who wears diapers (article was asking advice on how to tell girlfriend). One said she would force him to wear a catheter instead since she 'knew about those things'.

In reality I wonder just how many people would be turned off by being involved with someone who wears diapers. Is it really that much of a deal breaker? There are much worse red flags to be aware of when dating/being involved with someone.

Anyway, congrats on clearing the air with your wife. It must be very liberating to have that weight off your mind. It helps me that my wife encourages and supports my use of diapers. She's awesome.

When my fiancee found out (this is 4yrs ago, we got married, now divorced for other reasons) she threatened to leave me if I didn't quit...and she didn't even know that I WORE them...she only knew about going to diaper sites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer

To the OP I say congratulations. Your chick is cool; just take it slow and don't push. You should be fine.

To Pumapunku: I think that yeah, there are a lot of people who aren't as understanding about infantilism as we'd like. Of course there's the pedophilia comparison, but people are also weirded out by it because you're supposed to have completely different feelings for an adult than you do a baby in their minds.

I've told a couple girls who said to just completely keep it away from them and not mention it again. That's a supportive way to deal with it. lol

I've personally never had a girl leave me over infantilism, but I have left girls in part because of how they dealt with it. Mostly that reaction to infantilism was symptomatic of a larger personality problem, though.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When my fiancee found out (this is 4yrs ago, we got married, now divorced for other reasons) she threatened to leave me if I didn't quit...and she didn't even know that I WORE them...she only knew about going to diaper sites.

Personally I would of tried to work it out or end the relationship right there. I mean if a person hate's it (a part of me) that much then it's clear it would not really work out all that well. I'd be fine with a person going "okay, whatever" and being indifferent to it, but not with a person that does not even try to understand. Those types of people that don't even try to understand others are just, selfish.

Anyways TC I am glad your wife took it reasonably well.

Tommy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Very good news =]

Seems your the lucky type, god knows how people feel after telling their partner if they broke up over it. I would dread that ever happening!

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
:bunny:Congratulations! Good Show! I was one who advised your being open about this in a committed relationship/marriage. Regarding wearing diapers in bed, my wife likes to snuggle in bed and have unhindered access to "my manhood", So the compromise we reached is when she wears "snuggers" (during her period) I can wear diapers/plastic pants to bed. This has worked really well for us. I sleep well either way, we are both very comfortable with it. I can always have my binkie, blankie and stuffed rabbit every night, so I am seldom frustrated. It's just good to have the love and acceptance of your wife. Congratulations again.:bunny:

Last edited:

DLTodd42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Congratulations, everytime I read success stories it makes me happy because I hope I can find the right accepting woman as well. Congrats again and enjoy your wife and yourself!

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover

PumaPunku -

:bunny: Go back and read my post in the poll/thread "Have You Ever Told Anyone" Then tell me if you have ever heard of a more negative worst case senario than this. A true scene from hell.

Well, I went and got it for you (if someone could walk me through how to link to a former post, I'll try to do it that way next time):bunny:

Last edited:

Mornavial

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
first off congrats man sounds like you got a great wife there

and Diappered Rabbit... *BIG HUG* i feel sorry for ya sounds like you went through hell and back

Status
Not open for further replies.