I told my parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
And to them I have a mental disease that must be purged. I'm going to move out ASAP. Anyone need a applications programmer? I'm willing to travel.

Well, actually they found my stash, but the effect was the same. They threw out about $100 of stuff I guess.

Now I'm going to go look at 4chan, because it's less cruel than this reality. Although, emotionally I'm kind of blunted. Been mentally prepared for this scenario for a while. I'll do what I need to do.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I lost a onesie, some super-cute shortalls, diapers, powder, wipes, a few toys and plastic pants. Everything can be replaced except the shortalls, which were one of kind and very well made.

Anyways, I've sent some emails to people I think can help me find a job and an AB friendly place to live. It'll work out I think. I'm looking forward to being on my own.

krebstar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wow man, that's rough. Of course i don't know what your relationship with the rents is like, but i'd try to not leave on a bad note, if you know what i mean. Best of luck though , i hope you find someplace where you're happy.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I can see why you would want to move out but really your parents should of stayed out of your personal stuff considering your 22. Anyways my suggestion is to actually talk about it with them and try to settle this rational like the adults all 3 of you are. Its only a matter of time before you either regret leaving or they regret pretty much forcing you to move out. Once during my like I didn't talk to my mom for maybe 6 years nor did she have any idea how I was doing nor where I was. She really changed and felt sorry she drove me to doing that. I hope that doesn't happen between you and your parents but if it does for your sake I hope your as strong willed as I was since its a very hard road, more so for you since you actually lived with them all of your life I am willing to bet.

(note: what I did had nothing to do with this sort of stuff.)

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I can see why you would want to move out but really your parents should of stayed out of your personal stuff considering your 22. Anyways my suggestion is to actually talk about it with them and try to settle this rational like the adults all 3 of you are. Its only a matter of time before you either regret leaving or they regret pretty much forcing you to move out. Once during my like I didn't talk to my mom for maybe 6 years nor did she have any idea how I was doing nor where I was. She really changed and felt sorry she drove me to doing that. I hope that doesn't happen between you and your parents but if it does for your sake I hope your as strong willed as I was since its a very hard road, more so for you since you actually lived with them all of your life I am willing to bet.

(note: what I did had nothing to do with this sort of stuff.)
That would work if my parents were rational adults, but they are not. It's their way or the highway on matters they deem important, always has been.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
That would work if my parents were rational adults, but they are not. It's their way or the highway on matters they deem important, always has been.

I think you should still try and talk it out before any of you do anything else rash. Like I said my mom changed her ways then again that was over a 7 year span..

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I think you should still try and talk it out before any of you do anything else rash. Like I said my mom changed her ways then again that was over a 7 year span..
I'm sure my parents and I will come to some uncomfortable compromise... in 7 years. Until then, I'm cutting them off. It worked for you, and it will probably work for me.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
That really sucks, dude. What ever you do, make sure you can support yourself even if you lose your job. Move to the Silicon Valley, every job here is either fast food or computers...still! But...housing is outrageously expensive right now. Get a good room mate!

calibf

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
Why are you still living at home if you're an applications programmer? I'm only asking this, because one of the events that force parents to see you as an adult in the first place is moving out.

If a teenager never moves out of the house after 18, then regardless of age parents continue to treat them as their child still. The second you move out, you establish your independence.

Even if you eventually moved back in, they probably wouldn't pull the search and seizure routine.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Sounds fun, even worse than average, although I recall you saying you expected this to happen. Anyhow, let us know what happens, because what you must do is already known, and we can't and shouldn't make you stay or otherwise.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Do your parents also know of your alternative lifestyle? I got caught with both when I was a senior in college. Of course they threw everything out as well, but I didn't have much. When I graduated I got a job teaching at a private boarding school in N.Y., so I was gone. I left on friendly terms, however, and over the years, I began to realize that they weren't so out of it. They just wanted the best for me. It's hard for parents to accept the reality of having children who may be very different from them, but it happens all the time. Be patient, and believe me, you will make it. Hopefully you can patch things up to some small degree.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Why are you still living at home if you're an applications programmer? I'm only asking this, because one of the events that force parents to see you as an adult in the first place is moving out.

If a teenager never moves out of the house after 18, then regardless of age parents continue to treat them as their child still. The second you move out, you establish your independence.

Even if you eventually moved back in, they probably wouldn't pull the search and seizure routine.
I have lived away from home already. I've been away almost 2 out of the past 4 years. First moved out at 18 in Sept, came back for April, was gone till the end of the summer, and left again for both the next summer and spring. The only reason I'm here is because I'm in a local college now, and it's a lot cheaper this way. Trust me, if I had the money, I'd still be gone.

Role
  1. Other
good luck on ur own dude. I too am going to move out in about 6 months i think. If ur in the NY area let me know

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I just had an "interaction" with that woman I am genetically inherit from. I am so enraged, but not in the usual sense. It's the contemplative rage. The righteous anger that leads to unspoken planning for actions that speak for you. These people will not win their petty battle. My will is absolute, and it will be realized.

If they dare interfere with my life again. If they dare steal anything from me again, I will involve the law.

Angeal

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
Your parents sound a lot like mine, honestly. Except, when I told them, I didn't have any baby stuff. So they couldn't throw anything away, but it was still pretty horrid.

Hope things turn out better, man.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
So we have an uncertain truce. If I don't bring any diaper stuff in (that they know about), then they're ok with me staying here. They've accepted that they can't force me to take their "cure". However, they really wish I would just take tranqs, benzos or anti-depressants to make me "normal" aka pacify me to their will. Somehow that's respecting my body more. Disgusting.

Anyways, this is good, because it gives me the buffer time I need to leave in a more effective manner. I won't need to rush and get my stuff out of here. But they have implied that after I leave, they will try to persuade my brothers and relatives not to associate with me. And here I was thinking we were Roman Catholics, not Scientologists.

If really mean even half of what they are saying, then good riddance to them. I'll see them in Hell, since that's apparently where I'll be going.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I really hope they don't want you to take mood altering drugs. There o.k. if one really needs them to function in society, or to feel better about themselves, but just to change a behavior that doesn't harm anyone is ridiculous. I could certainly be justified in taking them because of depression, but I don't want to change who I am. I'm also afraid of what I might say in public if I just didn't give a damn, haha. So if you are happy about who you are, resist the crap.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I really hope they don't want you to take mood altering drugs.
Oh they do. This is hardly the first time they've said that. My mom has been nagging me to go on meds again for months. I took them for a depression and stopped when it was over. However, she found that she likes me better when I'm doped up. That fact makes me so outraged, I cannot describe it.

She is not my mother, she's just a *BLEEP* who's broken condom led to me. Honestly, that really is how I happened. And to top it off, she has the gall to complain about contraceptives. Hypocrite. She talks about abstinence, when she couldn't wait herself to be married. Heck, it was probably her pregnancy with my older brother that precipitated it. Sometimes I just really want to punch her in the face. Bigot.

I'm just really disgusted with her attitudes right now. But I know I cannot change it. She's like a 90 year old racist, you just have to wait for them to die and try to make do. The way I do that is my separating myself from her negative influences. I'm already cynical enough as is.

Shen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
This situation actually angers me. If my parents were like that, I have no idea what I'd do. I can't stand my parents as it is and they accept me. Well, more like they mind their own business. They could care less with what I do. I'd hardly call apathy acceptance though. You have my deepest sympathys.

Status
Not open for further replies.